Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire

[K - F10] First Encounter

Tags: Ground Vehicle, Exploration

Mission Log: Entry 18 ~

It was three days later when we found it. We'd given up on the Search and Destroy mech when it ran out of fuel, and had resorted to using the Spiri - a multi-functional two-wheeled monstrosity which could travel both in the air and on the ground. Its wings doubled as mudguards for its huge, misshapen wheels. Among the four of us, we called it the 'Water-Boatman'.

I had sent Agent Kytes back to our command ship to fetch reinforcements - we were crossing into Octan territory, and as much as we didn't want hostilities, they might not believe the true nature of our mission. We came across a remote Octan bunker deep in foothills of Arium Major; it had clearly been abandoned for quite some time. Trees sprouted from cracks in the walls and roof, and to our shock, the skeletal remains of its occupants lay sprawled by the door and gun position on the roof. And standing over the bodies was our missing mutant. He had taken a gun from the dead Octan employees, and brandished it threateningly, screaming in some obscure language. His arm had now solidified into a claw and he appeared completely unafraid of the hulking Spiri behind us. Agent Sharpe and I advanced, keeping our weapons trained on the mutant, hoping to capture it without shots being fired....

24222860919_7275b56091_z.jpg

23962476594_a5085b78ef_z.jpg

24222856359_1cafb5db1b_z.jpg

Then suddenly, without warning, the creature flipped the catch on the gun and fired. Agent Sharpe was taken completely by surprise. He never had a chance. Seeing Sharpe go down, I launched myself at the creature, but it fled into the undergrowth and disappeared from sight before I could reach it...

23963810793_1973c1ae36_z.jpg

23963808243_eb57d31683_z.jpg

Sans figs and vehicle:

24564453156_2b54b93fbf_z.jpg

24295095900_9bba99aeea_z.jpg

The Spiri, aka 'Water Boatman', piloted by Ekira Mitoshi (once again!)

24564447276_f736a9c4a5_z.jpg

23963798223_5a0cf2c9d9_z.jpg

C & C welcome!

Edited by Dragonfire

Nice work, your best environment yet and I really like it, not sure what to make of your two wheeled vehicle though, how does it balance without those mud flaps? (or it's an aerial vehicle that has landed, although it really looks like the front of a truck to me.)

Edited by Isundir

Really interesting, somewhat bizarre looking build (which I favour!). I like how you've built both the the natural environment and the technical components, including the vehicle.

Nice work, your best environment yet and I really like it, not sure what to make of your two wheeled vehicle though, how does it balance without those mud flaps? (or it's an aerial vehicle that has landed, although it really looks like the front of a truck to me.)

Maybe it drives on the ground like a Segway :tongue: .

Nice work, your best environment yet and I really like it,

Really interesting, somewhat bizarre looking build (which I favour!). I like how you've built both the the natural environment and the technical components, including the vehicle.

Mot sure what to make of your two wheeled vehicle though, how does it balance without those mud flaps? (or it's an aerial vehicle that has landed, although it really looks like the front of a truck to me.)
Maybe it drives on the ground like a Segway :tongue: .

Actually, both of you are right. It can both fly and drive on the ground :wink: