Sign in to follow this  
Captain Braunsfeld

[ESL-FB1] Our House ... in the Middle of Pontelli

The house of Colonel William Oswald Brickinson, in the middle of Pontelli, was his castle and his keep.

800x699.jpg

In the evening sun you can also see Lady Amy Clara Brickinson.

800x752.jpg

They got married about a year ago.

800x600.jpg

(The house looks actually much nicer in reality ... doesn't quite come across in the pictures.)

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

(The house looks actually much nicer in reality ... doesn't quite come across in the pictures.)

Thats how I always feel with my pics! pirate_laugh_new.gif Anyway I do think it looks quite nice and I like how you used multi colors for the roof. Great build!

Haha, I really like this house a lot. Some it's design elements look very familiar though! pirate_laugh_new.gif I really like how you mixed more than just red and dark red for the roof, it really improves the look. And it's quite an improvement I'll work in as well I think.

Anyway, I'd change the tiles on the balcony door to vertical instead of horizontal and I'd try to photograph with a paperbackground instead. I'm sure it would help you presentation!

Yeap, that's a fine Cadiz...erhm... Eslandolan house, fitting for a Colonel and his wife! And the roof is really well executed.

"I remember way back then when

Everything was true and when

We would have such a very good time

Such a fine time

Such a happy time

And I remember how we'd play

Simply waste the day away

Then we'd say

Nothing would come between us

Two dreamers"

Very nice build...and one of my favorite bands...lol

Captain Braunsfeld, this just might be my favorite of all the land-based creations you've ever built. This house is just beautiful in those colors and the basic design is simply splendid. The roof looks very realistic with the variety of colors and the arched gold-lattice windows are lovely. The half-fence pieces are nice features and the smoothness overall is great. Your minifigs look nice too, especially since the colors all match. I'm guessing there's no interior since you didn't show one but it's still a fine build regardless. Good work!

Very nice house, in a classic Eslandian style! thumbup.gif The hints of green look great!

Very nice build Captain B, love those colors and roof technique, so you couldn't go far wrong! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_wink.gif I do agree with kabel that a white background would improve the presentation and be less distracting, and the roof could use some tiles at the end, but despite that this is one of my favorite of your builds yet! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thats how I always feel with my pics! pirate_laugh_new.gif Anyway I do think it looks quite nice and I like how you used multi colors for the roof. Great build!

Thanks. I had some doubts about the bright red in the roof but it has worked out ok.

I like the roof! And the bows above the windows!

Me too pirate_satisfied.gif

Haha, I really like this house a lot. Some it's design elements look very familiar though! pirate_laugh_new.gif I really like how you mixed more than just red and dark red for the roof, it really improves the look. And it's quite an improvement I'll work in as well I think.

Anyway, I'd change the tiles on the balcony door to vertical instead of horizontal and I'd try to photograph with a paperbackground instead. I'm sure it would help you presentation!

Thanks. I have had some inspiration. pirate_laugh2.gif

The roof actually consists of: dark red, reddish brown, dark brown, red, dark gray...

Green door is not made of tiles...

The background... well, I did not want to have a white background for a white building, so I tried gray. Glad you liked it.... pirate_cry4.gif

Lovely House, especially the roof!

pirate_satisfied.gif

I like this house !

It have a really Eslandian feeling !

good job !

Thanks pirate_devg1.gif

Awesome-looking villa! Well done.

pir_laugh2.gif

Yeap, that's a fine Cadiz...erhm... Eslandolan house, fitting for a Colonel and his wife! And the roof is really well executed.

Muchas gracias!

"I remember way back then when

Everything was true and when

We would have such a very good time

Such a fine time

Such a happy time

And I remember how we'd play

Simply waste the day away

Then we'd say

Nothing would come between us

Two dreamers"

Very nice build...and one of my favorite bands...lol

The colonel is actually wearing his Sunday best pirate_laugh_new.gif

Captain Braunsfeld, this just might be my favorite of all the land-based creations you've ever built. This house is just beautiful in those colors and the basic design is simply splendid. The roof looks very realistic with the variety of colors and the arched gold-lattice windows are lovely. The half-fence pieces are nice features and the smoothness overall is great. Your minifigs look nice too, especially since the colors all match. I'm guessing there's no interior since you didn't show one but it's still a fine build regardless. Good work!

It was a very nice compliment until you mentioned the misssing interior. pirate_look.gif

You found the weak spot...

Very nice house, in a classic Eslandian style! thumbup.gif The hints of green look great!

Is it Eslandian or Eslandolian? Or is it just Eslandoliandish?

pirate_satisfied.gif

That is a lovely build! It feels sunny for some reason, well done!

Yes, it is meant to be sunny. That is why the house provides shade!

Very nice build Captain B, love those colors and roof technique, so you couldn't go far wrong! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_wink.gif I do agree with kabel that a white background would improve the presentation and be less distracting, and the roof could use some tiles at the end, but despite that this is one of my favorite of your builds yet! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thanks.

I have tried to remove the gray background but I thought the picture looked terrible...

And to make matters worse: The next house will have the same background pirate_laugh2.gif

...Is it Eslandian or Eslandolian? Or is it just Eslandoliandish?

pirate_satisfied.gif...

It's Eslandian. At least, that's what I'm always going to say! pirate_laugh2.gif

That Sir, is a very nice house! One of my favourite here so far. The roof is fantastic and as previously mentioned the green highlights look very good. For me it definitely has a very Mediterranean feel! The minifigure combinations are great as well - I really like the soldier! Well done - overall I love it!

24426191796_299bf13634_t.jpg IT'S MADNESS, I TELL YOU!!! MADNESS!!!

24369951161_932640e54d_t.jpg What? What's Alois going on about?

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg It's a reference to a reference. Just ignore him. It's his lame attempt at a joke.

:thumbup:

That Sir, is a very nice house! One of my favourite here so far. The roof is fantastic and as previously mentioned the green highlights look very good. For me it definitely has a very Mediterranean feel! The minifigure combinations are great as well - I really like the soldier! Well done - overall I love it!

I am honoured.

24426191796_299bf13634_t.jpg IT'S MADNESS, I TELL YOU!!! MADNESS!!!

24369951161_932640e54d_t.jpg What? What's Alois going on about?

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg It's a reference to a reference. Just ignore him. It's his lame attempt at a joke.

:thumbup:

pir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif very fine.

Though this be madness yet there's method in it!

Impressive how much you are able to squeeze into that small plate. I would approve, if I weren't Eslandolanianerian.

Eslandian or Eslandolian? Or is it just Eslandoliandish?

pirate_satisfied.gif

...Eslandolanianerian.

pirate_look.gif:imperialguard_commander1:

pir_laugh2.gif:roflmao::iamded_lol:

Great looking house, captain! It seems you Eslandonianderianders (that has most definitely got to stop... pirate_tong.gif ) have a knack for housebuilding! pirate_blush.gif

Nice looking house, very clean and neat.

Thank you, Sir. pirate_laugh2.gif

Impressive how much you are able to squeeze into that small plate. I would approve, if I weren't Eslandolanianerian.

I think I've missed out on the "approval thing". Do we need to get a :thumbup: ?

I think I've missed out on the "approval thing". Do we need to get a :thumbup: ?

That's for your third freebuild and any more than that which you build in one month, but since this one is your first you don't need to worry about it pirate_wink.gif

Very nice house, I like the roof mottling a lot :classic:

Great use of the Statue of Liberty (I think?) parts also!