2 hours ago, ryantaggart said:

Hello All.

Firstly thank you for all the messages.  I've been thinking of the best way to share the LDD file.  I'm interested to see where in the world it gets shared.  I feel strongly that these things should be shared and not monetised.  I've set up a Facebook group called  MOC MODULAR CONSTRUCTION SITE. Please request to join and post on the wall your name, where you live (town) no exact addresses and an email for me to send the file to.  I hope this is OK.  Happy Building.

You're awesome! Thank you so much! 

4 hours ago, ryantaggart said:

Hello All.

Firstly thank you for all the messages.  I've been thinking of the best way to share the LDD file.  I'm interested to see where in the world it gets shared.  I feel strongly that these things should be shared and not monetised.  I've set up a Facebook group called  MOC MODULAR CONSTRUCTION SITE. Please request to join and post on the wall your name, where you live (town) no exact addresses and an email for me to send the file to.  I hope this is OK.  Happy Building.

I have had great luck sharing these on rebrickable. 

If you need help making instructions, I would be happy to help.

5 hours ago, ryantaggart said:

Hello All.

Hi ryantaggart

is there another way you can do this for those of use that are not on facebook ie contact through a PM or something?

18 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

I have had great luck sharing these on rebrickable. 

If you need help making instructions, I would be happy to help.

If you mean instructions more usable than the ones generated by LDD, I'd be interested to see whats possible.  I hope you've found the file on my Facebook group.

Ryan

17 hours ago, scottwb2010 said:

Hi ryantaggart

is there another way you can do this for those of use that are not on facebook ie contact through a PM or something?

Feel free to PM me your email and I'll send it directly.

Ryan

5 hours ago, ryantaggart said:

If you mean instructions more usable than the ones generated by LDD, I'd be interested to see whats possible.  I hope you've found the file on my Facebook group.

Ryan

I have PM'd you some more info!

16 hours ago, ryantaggart said:

Ryan

You can look at Blueprint for creating better instructions than LDD one. Thanks for sharing the file !

EDIT: One downside, as I feared, and would explain LEGO decision, is the price it would cost to built it myself. First estimate is not pretty lol. One good side, it is a construction side! It will be built steps by steps, one story at the time !

Edited by Malou

Thanks Ryan for the instructions.

I can see why it did not get up now. While a very good build a chunk of the 4000 parts are large and would have brought the set in quite expensive retail wise.

I do love the build so i see myself accumulating the parts.

Forgive me if this isn't the appropriate place to ask, but does anyone know if it's possible to access the .lxf file other than on a computer? If nothing more, I'd just like to get a parts inventory to start collecting the pieces for this build; however, I currently only have access to phone and tablet and figure there's no app to open or manipulate a file like that.

It's probably a reach, but I wanted to ask for any advice. I'm just itching to build this! :) thanks! 

Very congragulation for project. I love your site of construction. 

How Do you do after the decisions is negatif ?

I present a diorama for site of construction of skyscraper in evolution.

5 hours ago, Pickbricker89 said:

Forgive me if this isn't the appropriate place to ask, but does anyone know if it's possible to access the .lxf file other than on a computer? If nothing more, I'd just like to get a parts inventory to start collecting the pieces for this build; however, I currently only have access to phone and tablet and figure there's no app to open or manipulate a file like that.

It's probably a reach, but I wanted to ask for any advice. I'm just itching to build this! :) thanks! 

Thank you for your message.

As you can see I am happy to share this creation with anyone who wants the designs.  I don't think the LDD file will run on a tablet.  I'd be happy however to send you the Excel file of the brick list to allow you to start collecting the bricks.  I'm sure you could view this on a tablet?  You would however eventually need access to a computer to view the .lxf file.  There is someone in my Facebook group it seems working on an instruction booklet using a program called 'Blueprint' .  Perhaps if this happens I'll post it on the Facebook group and this may run on a tablet...

I hope this makes you feel better.  Private message me your email and I'll send you the brick list.

All the best,

Ryan

First off, congrats to the for the design again, it's very impressive and well built. I'm starting to get why this wasn't picked up by Lego. It's massive. For comparaison, the crane is taller than the Tower Bridge and even the Ferris Wheel (#10247). Probably too massive and expensive for them right now will all the other models coming up.

Anyway, I've been working on instructions using Blueprint. I separated the crane part of the building part to make it easier. I'll upload a first version of the instructions for the crane part on the Facebook group (PDF + blueprint source file). Not sure I'll do the building instruction soon, since it's very time consuming and I'm focused on finding the parts for the crane portion of the set. Let me know if you have ideas or suggestion regarding improving those instructions!

On 4/14/2017 at 2:09 PM, Malou said:

Anyway, I've been working on instructions using Blueprint. I separated the crane part of the building part to make it easier. I'll upload a first version of the instructions for the crane part on the Facebook group (PDF + blueprint source file). Not sure I'll do the building instruction soon, since it's very time consuming and I'm focused on finding the parts for the crane portion of the set. Let me know if you have ideas or suggestion regarding improving those instructions!

This is awesome! Thank you for taking the time to do this! Have you posted it on the FB group yet? I couldn't seem to find it, if so. Thanks again! 

On 2017-04-16 at 7:48 PM, Pickbricker89 said:

This is awesome! Thank you for taking the time to do this! Have you posted it on the FB group yet? I couldn't seem to find it, if so. Thanks again! 

I uploaded the file, but @ryantaggart need to approve it first.

On 4/14/2017 at 8:09 PM, Malou said:

First off, congrats to the for the design again, it's very impressive and well built. I'm starting to get why this wasn't picked up by Lego. It's massive. For comparaison, the crane is taller than the Tower Bridge and even the Ferris Wheel (#10247). Probably too massive and expensive for them right now will all the other models coming up.

Thank you so much.  This is incredible.  I've now shared it on the Facebook group.  Thank you for the work!  I hope you are able to do the same for the main building.  That would be amazing.

This is a great build, really love it. Remember the first time I saw this on L.I and I supported it right away. This building would fit perfect in my New York inspired Lego city. How many floors will the finished building get?? :laugh:

Please keep on building and give us more exelent buildings :wink: 

Anyone ever get around to making a PDF of the building site? I graciously found the PDF file of the crane, but wondered if anyone has taken that task on. 

2 hours ago, Pickbricker89 said:

Anyone ever get around to making a PDF of the building site? I graciously found the PDF file of the crane, but wondered if anyone has taken that task on. 

Hi,

After the project was passed over for Lego IDEAS I was contacted by a lot of people who wanted to build it.  I shared the LDD file on a group I set up on Facebook. If you search for Modular Construction Site LDD File on Facebook you'll find it.  You are right that first someone created a PDF instruction for the crane section.  Since then Another person has created amazing PDF instructions for the whole model.  I have recently built it up again for a display at BRICK LIVE LONDON and can report that the instructions are amazing.  The group has also become a resource for other files.  For instance if you want to recreate the graphics as others have you'll see how to go about it.

I hope this is helpful.  I'm so thrilled at the response I've had to sharing the file and intend to share more, and develop the group into more.  Watch this space.  It's a testament I think to sharing what you build.  I hope you find the group.  I look forward to admitting you in, and hope you'll post anything you build as a result on the group.

Ryan

On 10/25/2017 at 8:33 AM, XENOPHREAK said:

This is awesome! I can't believe LEGO didn't approve it!

Thank you.  That's very kind.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the next modular is and working on my next.  Meanwhile if you'd like to build the construction site or just get a more in depth look at it I've shared the LDD file and instructions on a Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1482890298390475/?ref=bookmarks

Also, the group has details and instructions of my other modulars.  

Happy Building!

Ryan

Hello Ryan, i see your moc on lego ideas, it is wonderfull and it is too bad that LEGO didn't approve it. is it possible to share your LDD file by another way or put it on Rebrickable ? I would like to see how many part i have ;)

Thank you

Just now, higgins91 said:

Hello Ryan, i see your moc on lego ideas, it is wonderfull and it is too bad that LEGO didn't approve it. is it possible to share your LDD file by another way or put it on Rebrickable ? I would like to see how many part i have ;)

Thank you

I'd be happy to email it to you.

Thanks @ryantaggart! It was a long process in getting all parts in 100% LEGO but managed, here is my version.

I made some choices because some parts are very hard to get or even unavailable. I also decided to make the crane DBG as I have the modular in my living room and the crane is big. For me the modular blends in better with the rest this way.

Detailed pictures on Flickr (click on photo):