TitusV

Duel: Hugo d'Offren VS Elysabeth of Drondil

Even if someone ended up licensing a first rate, it would probably require so much wealth that the whole faction would have to chip in, taking away the possibility of doing much else.

And what is one large ship able to do, if the enemy has 20 small? It can't be anywhere at once! pirate_wink.gif

But I will be looking forward to seeing whatever you feel we will all appreciate! pir_laugh2.gif

Plus - there is nothing wrong with a healthy arms race! pirate_laugh2.gif

Wich Eslandola will win!

Wich Eslandola will win!

Eslandola has money, not armies or guns...! Meet you at the the battlefield my friends pir_laugh2.gif Or in sea that is pirate_tong.gif

Swords! You wanna be my judge, Bregir? :laugh:

Edited by TitusV

Swords! You wanna be my judge, Bregir?

It should be my honour! Anyone betting, I wonder? pirate_wink.gif

Edited by Bregir

We don't need trader banks. We have Barons ---> http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=120149

And no, i refuse to duel someone that isn't a noble aristocrat but a mere merchant! My Oleander origin doesnt permit me to do so! pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

P.S: Titus i somehow deleted your earlier post pir_wacko.gif Soz!!!

A mere merchant?! My noble lord, Lady Elysabeth descends of the House of Drondil, tracing it's line of descendance back to Alric I. She is mayor of Elsyabethtown, and Explorer in service of His Majesty, Kinf Fernando-Augusto VII of Eslandola. She is married with the head of the MAESTRO Trade Company. And that you call a mere merchant?

No, seriously, I just want to test out the duelling system. It doesn't have to be for DBs, just for fun! :wink:

@Bregir: you piece of *** :laugh: already trying to make a profit out of it? That's how I know you :laugh:

Edited by TitusV

A mere merchant?! My noble lord, Lady Elysabeth descends of the House of Drondil, tracing it's line of descendance back to Alric I. She is mayor of Elsyabethtown, and Explorer in service of His Majesty, Kinf Fernando-Augusto VII of Eslandola. She is married with the head of the MAESTRO Trade Company. And that you call a mere merchant?

No, seriously, I just want to test out the duelling system. It doesn't have to be for DBs, just for fun! :laugh:

Then i accept! But you must give me 3-4 days to prepare myself (insert read Duel rules)!! pir_laugh2.gif Rapiers or cutlasses?

@Bregir: you piece of *** :laugh: already trying to make a profit out of it? That's how I know you :laugh:

Only an Eslandolian would look think it for the profit! It is, of course, for the sport of it! pirate_wink.gif

Then i accept! But you must give me 3-4 days to prepare myself (insert read Duel rules)!! pir_laugh2.gif Rapiers or cutlasses?

In real-live, I'm a fencer, with the epee. So if it's possible, I'd prefer to use that.

3-4 days is no problem, I need to read the rules too! (don't even know wether we have to MOC or not. I only know it is possible, and that we need 3 judges). Please give me the time too for making a build of my sigfig going back to Nova Terelli (or where you want the duel to take place), 'cause right now she's out in the wilness.

If 'tis an untimely death thou seekest, methinks thou hast divined a method of unfailing certainty.

Sorry, I've been wanting to say that...

DUEL!!

About the ship issue... Bregir is right about numbers. A single rated vessel isn't capable of doing all that much by itself, they're expensive to build and maintain, etc etc. Frigates often saw much more action. It's really nothing to get overly excited about. I never liked arms races anyway - I much prefer foot races personally.

In real-live, I'm a fencer, with the epee. So if it's possible, I'd prefer to use that.

3-4 days is no problem, I need to read the rules too! (don't even know wether we have to MOC or not. I only know it is possible, and that we need 3 judges). Please give me the time too for making a build of my sigfig going back to Nova Terelli (or where you want the duel to take place), 'cause right now she's out in the wilness.

Omg, i am doomed! pirate_tong.gif Epee? I will use whatever Conquistador minifigure is carrying then! (I would call it a rapier but i am not sure). Make sure you start a new DUEL thread then and our relevant posts moved there dear moderators so that we leave Corries space to breathe!

Omg, i am doomed! pirate_tong.gif Epee? I will use whatever Conquistador minifigure is carrying then! (I would call it a rapier but i am not sure). Make sure you start a new DUEL thread then and our relevant posts moved there dear moderators so that we leave Corries space to breathe!

Oh, I just discovered an epee is the french word for (more german-used) rapier! But well, I propose we take that (IT is indeed what the conquistador has). Do we need to start a new thread?

Oh, I just discovered an epee is the french word for (more german-used) rapier! But well, I propose we take that (IT is indeed what the conquistador has). Do we need to start a new thread?

I guess. pirate_classic.gif I will make a fine example of you (and others to see and understand dueling rules as well) pir_laugh2.gif Please do create a new topic at your leisure.

We Corries don't need space to breathe. We quite enjoy seeing Blues duke it out with other nations. Right, Bregir?

Divide et impera, eh? pirate_wink.gif

Ëdit: Care to link the dueling rules, if I am to be a judge? I cannot seem to find them.

Edited by Bregir

This should be interesting! :pir-classic:

I always like it when pirate trash-talk turn into duels!!! muhahahaha! Off to read the rules and "force" someone to be my judge pirate_laugh2.gif

Send all your bets on this Duel to the MCTC! pirate_tong.gif

there is still to be decided upon betting

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT!

@SKAFORHIRE: do you want to be the third and neutral judge?

Edited by TitusV

I would guess everyone should be able to set up a bet, if he can find someone to bet against?

I am not perfectly sure I am the right one to handle bookmaking, you see... pirate_laugh2.gif

When you post a duel thread, I will, as your second, help devise the rules for the duel.

I would abstain from betting as we need to refine rules first. On the other hand i wont say no to a fair share of others betting gains pirate_laugh2.gif

Ok, works for me too

IMPORTANT

There still has to be decided upon betting. Please wait untill verification from me or Ska.

Edited by TitusV