Sign in to follow this  
PaddyBricksplitter

The New Neighbours

Hi all,

Here's an MOC called "The New Neighbours" inspired by american 1950's sc-fi comic covers. I know its a little bit on the dark side but it's winter in Ireland and this is as bright as it gets!

Hope you guys like it :)

24533787976_0402476071_c.jpg

I hadn't thought to do that. Very clever. I like the idea of a spacesuit around the dino head making it an alien life form. I am going to have to look into this for some LUG shows. Maybe I'll try it with raptors or ostriches or something.

Lovely work as always!

Thank you very much Jared, most kind :)

I hadn't thought to do that. Very clever. I like the idea of a spacesuit around the dino head making it an alien life form. I am going to have to look into this for some LUG shows. Maybe I'll try it with raptors or ostriches or something.

Thanks. You could put those dino heads on any figure and they would be funny :) I did some dino-cops in another MOC. Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

Beautiful! The dino-alien-new neighbour himself is amazing, but the whole scene is fantastic. I love the use of the minifigs, their expressions, accessories... (the dog stud! :laugh: )

Beautiful! The dino-alien-new neighbour himself is amazing, but the whole scene is fantastic. I love the use of the minifigs, their exp<b></b>ressions, accessories... (the dog stud! :laugh: )

Glad you like it, I just love using mini figs in scenes, I spend ages looking for the right ones :D I Should probably do some other builds with out them....sometime..maybe.

Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

Agreed. Very realistic.

I have been looking at it a few times but never really knew what to highligt.

I would love "it" to be my neighbour. I would know that the neighbourhood would be "safe" :laugh:

Excellent job - really great, classic crazy Sci-Fi look and great color choice!

Thank you very much :) I know 50's Classic sci-fi has a kind of cheesy, some what silly look that I wanted to capture. I find it fun and it always makes me smile.

Agreed. Very realistic.

I have been looking at it a few times but never really knew what to highligt.

I would love "it" to be my neighbour. I would know that the neighbourhood would be "safe" :laugh:

:D I'm not so sure. I think this guy might eat the neighbourhood pets or even a few pesky kids :0 Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

lol, 'Honey, go and say hi'.

Reminds me a bit of 'Destroy All Humans!' and 'Mars Attacks' colorwise. :laugh:

lol, 'Honey, go and say hi'.

Reminds me a bit of 'Destroy All Humans!' and 'Mars Attacks' colorwise. :laugh:

"OK, dear I will...Do you think they like barbecue?"

Yeah That's the sort of vibe I was going for :)

Man, the exp<b></b>ressions on everyone's faces is priceless. Well done, so well done!

Thank you Graham. I love mini figs with expressive faces. They always make me laugh. I wish Lego did some more varieties.