Sign in to follow this  
Hidronax

Request: Elves hair on minifigures

I hope this is the right section. I wanted to ask someone who owns the LEGO Elves sets to take some pictures of the hair on some minifigures. I'd love to see what this hairpiece looks like on a minifig.

Thank you! :)

I'm surprised the "boy" hairpiece doesn't look as good as I had wanted it to. But the female long elf hair looks fine. Interesting.

Do all if the female elves hair pieces have holes in them?

Not just the female hairpieces—even the male one from Farran and Johnny Baker has a hole in the back for accessories.

I think so, just like friends. But the sets so far don't use the holes as far as I can remember.

Naida wears a flower in her hair in Naida's Spa Secret. But otherwise you're right, they haven't really used any accessories.

Well wonder if you have interests in my works (signature below). :wink:

I'm surprised the "boy" hairpiece doesn't look as good as I had wanted it to. But the female long elf hair looks fine. Interesting.

Overall minidolls' hairpieces are "thicker" than the minifigure ones, even though they're exchangeable. Some minigigure ones would also look weird on minidolls.

Darn. They look good for Middle Earth, but the holes kill it for me :hmpf_bad:

I can understand being put off by such a small thing, it happens to me quite often. But as far as the holes go, I don't really find them to be that noticeable or distracting. Since I'm not into elves (even though I do build medieval fantasy), it's the elf ears that ruin the pieces for me. They are otherwise beautiful.

^I agree, for the most part the holes are not apparent when displaying them. Here's some more pics (yes I know I'm mixing fleshies with yellows. Customizers could use paint as a fix.) :

23957526523_bd77c581a8.jpg

24476023912_fe6ac6a2ba.jpg

Skyra, Naida and Farran/Jonny have holes on the back, while Skyra, Azari and Aira have holes on the top. Holes on the back are a more problematic for display in my opinion, especially for the light hair. But it's only a problem if plan on displaying them facing away from you, or with a top-down view.

In any case, the minidolls hair style look and fit much better on minifigs than the other way around:

24558184196_0cf773c21e.jpg

These are wonderful, thank you Vorkosigan & Iria! :D

I thought the boy's hair would look like the Sleepyhead's ones plus the ears, but they're somehow thicker. Interesting. Skyra's hair look nice on Galadriel, I hope we'll see them in another color.

And you work sure looks interesting Dorayki, even though I'm not a big fan of Friends and Elves I couldn't help from wondering what minidolls would look like as minifigures.

In any case, the minidolls hair style look and fit much better on minifigs than the other way around:

That's true. It's also the nature of the beast, in that minifigures look much better than minidolls.

:wink:

I'm particularly fond of Azari's hair on minifigs (The middle one on Iria's pic)

Speaking of Iria, nice combination of the Elves pieces and minifigs there! Appropriate that Naira's works so well for a Mermaid especially!

IMG_20220211_174826

what about this?

body : mfs rogue

hair(from front left) : Azari, Noctura, Aira, Sira, Naida, Johnny, Skyra, Goblinking, Farran

IMG_20211219_003558

Aira's hair(same design of Lumia and Sira) can be connected with castle armor, quiver. so, it has good compatibility.

Skyra's hair can be fit with quiver, but not with armor

Noctura's can be fit with spanish chrome armor, but not with quiver&castle armor

Azari and Naida's hair can not be fit with any armors and etcs, terrible compatibility.

Male elven hairs are free of connection, perfect compatibility

Because i don't have Rosalyn and Ragans's hair, i don't know their compatibility.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=elf021&name=Ragana Shadowflame&category=[Elves]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=elf040&name=Rosalyn Nightshade&category=[Elves]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

So, I hope someone shows thier compatibility.

Edited by royalstick