Sign in to follow this  
Bricksnaps

Heavily Modified X-Wing

Here is our heavily modified (less than 25 original pieces) set 9493 'Friendly Wing' that we entered into Brickfair Alabama this weekend. This is the latest Firendsified Star Wars ship that we had built and was perfect as the Lego group were holding a contest for the best 'friendlyfied' official lego set, which we won. These vehicles are always well received with visitors and especially my daughter. The wings function perfectly and the minifig fits in and out of the cockpit also. thanks for looking!

24249943910_f730827c24_h.jpgFriendly Wing by Martin Harris, on Flickr

24177753779_fad1bdcdd2_h.jpgFriendly Wing by Martin Harris, on Flickr

23917321334_5c74def34a_h.jpgFriendly Wing by Martin Harris, on Flickr

I was there! My whole family loved it!

Was that huge Endor MOC yours too? That was amazing! My favorite thing I saw!

I was there! My whole family loved it!

Was that huge Endor MOC yours too? That was amazing! My favorite thing I saw!

Thanks, glad you liked it! Yes we had the Endor scene, the Fairytale princess scene, my son had some Greek gods and a Battle of Umbara scene from clone wars.

I haven't shared Endor here yet, kinda nervous to as there is so much good stuff here. I shared it on Flickr, from Virginia last year but I updated a ton of it for Alabama.

Thanks for your kind words

Haha, that's awesome! It looks like something Sabine Wren might approve of. Unikitty would also look pretty cool in the droid spot (like in Benny's spaceship) and appropriate given the number of parts you've used that are in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

P.S. My 6 year old daughter just said "They should sell it, because people are going to love it". Now there's an endorsement : )

Edited by Markalus

Nice way to draw in a lot of audience in with just "Heavily Modified X-Wing"—I see that those things are becoming popular around here!

And nice X-wing as well! I assume every part is from sets of the theme with exception to the Technicns?

Ha! This is great! I love it. Now you just need an R2-KT droid to complete it!

Ha! As rare as it is :head_back: Wouldn't that be the cherry on top!