Jan. 22, 616

First encounter with natives today. Seemed friendly, quite willing to trade. Met three - young father and mother, with son - I guessed.

23910086864_fed66f2013.jpg

Main livelihood apparently fishing, but obviously engaged in trading with others. The young man in complete war costume - willing to barter peacefully, possibly only a dandy.

23910097024_42b22761e0.jpg

Not at all shy, and very fond of ornament. Blue beads popular in particular.

23911456113_02f3170871.jpg

Fishing seemed good, land fertile.

24512058506_1c2d0ca013.jpg

Area recommendable as a trading post.

- Capt. Granders

The back:

24170476659_66ef473927.jpg

This was a lot of fun to build! Constructive criticism always welcome!

From the tropical vibe to the mini ship, this is a great entry! Might be my favorite so far!

Nice!!! The shack reminds me of a raft we made with my father back in the 90s...! I must rebuilt that again! On a side note, palm leaves look really nice!!

I love the shack -- the wall technique and the palm leaves for the roof! Minifigs are well posed, too.

The shack is fantastic. The log walls and leaf-covered roof really gives the impression of it being near the jungle. Of course, the monkey, parrots, and banana on the roof also help. The vines in the water near the piles are a nice addition and help add some detail to the water.

Great entry !

This little shack is really well done ! Great Job !

Go Eslandola ! To the Challenge Victory ! pirate_laugh_new.gif

That shack is lovely! I'll defenitely try that technique one dat, if I may?

Awesome shack!! Also great job with the mast on the rowboat pirate_satisfied.gif

Thanks Maxim!

From the tropical vibe to the mini ship, this is a great entry! Might be my favorite so far!

Thank you! pirate_satisfied.gif

Nice!!! The shack reminds me of a raft we made with my father back in the 90s...! I must rebuilt that again! On a side note, palm leaves look really nice!!

Thanks! Just got four lime green ones, they sure came in handy on this build!

I love the shack -- the wall technique and the palm leaves for the roof! Minifigs are well posed, too.

Thank you!

The shack is fantastic. The log walls and leaf-covered roof really gives the impression of it being near the jungle. Of course, the monkey, parrots, and banana on the roof also help. The vines in the water near the piles are a nice addition and help add some detail to the water.

Thanks Captain Genaro!

Great entry !

This little shack is really well done ! Great Job !

Go Eslandola ! To the Challenge Victory ! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Thanks! Go Eslandola!

That shack is lovely! I'll defenitely try that technique one dat, if I may?

Certainly! It's a little complicated on the inside but not too bad!

There's quite a bit going for such a small baseplate. Well done!

Thank you!

Come on, be serious! You know you cant win us Oleanders!!!

Oh really? Let's see some builds to back that up! pirate_laugh2.gif

Nice minifigs and great little house - the roof and walls are really nicely designed. I love the fishes hanging under the cloth. pirate_satisfied.gif

Your boat is nice too, although it does seem rather strangely rigged. I do not think I have ever seen a small boat with a square sail - typically, it would have some sort of fore and aft rig. However, I like the folded up sails on the spar.

The wavy water is looking good too! pirate_blush.gif

Lovely shack! It reminds me of an Avatar episode with a village also built on the water like this. It's amazing to see how much you have packed into such a tiny space. There's a boat AND a house, plus they're both filled with people. The shack is the greatest part though. I really like the way you built the sideway log walls.

Nice minifigs and great little house - the roof and walls are really nicely designed. I love the fishes hanging under the cloth. pirate_satisfied.gif

Your boat is nice too, although it does seem rather strangely rigged. I do not think I have ever seen a small boat with a square sail - typically, it would have some sort of fore and aft rig. However, I like the folded up sails on the spar.

The wavy water is looking good too! pirate_blush.gif

Thanks! I am by no means a boat expert... if it looks good to me, I go with it. pirate_laugh_new.gif I anticipate learning a lot about ships throughout the course of this game!

Excellent shack, very convincing! thumbup.gif

I do think 2 spars on such a small masts is a bit much, or is the lower something else?

Thank you! I was thinking of the lower one as something to attach the top, rolled up sail to when it's opened. I don't know what you would call it! (Some Eslandian I am! pirate_laugh2.gif )

Lovely shack! It reminds me of an Avatar episode with a village also built on the water like this. It's amazing to see how much you have packed into such a tiny space. There's a boat AND a house, plus they're both filled with people. The shack is the greatest part though. I really like the way you built the sideway log walls.

Thank you Khorne! It was a bit tricky to smash the house and the boat on one 16x16!

This is a beautiful little scene. The shack is just brilliant and looks inviting with all the leaves and birds on top. The boat is a nice bonus, and even if the rigging isn't perfect it's still a lot better than nothing. There's a lot going on for such a small base which is impressive. This is one of my favorite entries on the basis of creativity and artistry. Keep it up.

This is a beautiful little scene. The shack is just brilliant and looks inviting with all the leaves and birds on top. The boat is a nice bonus, and even if the rigging isn't perfect it's still a lot better than nothing. There's a lot going on for such a small base which is impressive. This is one of my favorite entries on the basis of creativity and artistry. Keep it up.

Thanks! pirate_blush.gif