SilentWolf

[COR - Ch1, CatA] Ahoy, fishermen!

Intro: Silent Wolf

FB1: "Flying Colt"

After having sailed west from Bellson for several weeks, the crew of the "Flying Colt" spotted a large island ahead. They sailed around the island until they spotted several natives at the beach. What were they doing?

Lowering the row boat, Micah, George, Caleb and one of the sailors rowed in to make their first contact. As they approached, they could see the men throwing nets into the ocean and hauling in all sorts of fish and sea life. The children were playing near the beach, while the ladies worked on animal hides that had obviously been recently acquired from a hunting trip. They were all dressed leather, covered in seed and shell ornaments.

24527164535_746732b498_c.jpg

The adventurers landed and greeted these soon to be new friends. The natives had been surprised to see the large boat anchored a ways off. However, they were quite welcoming of these newcomers when they landed. The children appeared shy, but there was no fear shown by any of the natives. They invited everyone to a meal at their camp further inland. It appears that they are about to make some new friends. If all goes well, their voyage will have been a success.

23900359303_f5c944ac8d_c.jpg

23900357563_a1f4d08bec_c.jpg

Nice little MOC pirate_classic.gif I especially like the native children natives and the use of the fishing net! Also nice surface elevation! I bet the climate is cool where you landed since your natives are dressed to the neck pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_tong.gif

Great scene - the landscaping is simple but effective, and you have fitted in a lot of activity with both the men fishing, the children playing, the woman working with the hides, and the of course the landing. pirate_blush.gif

Your posing is nice, although I would suggest you try to angle some of the minifigs a bit - right now, they are all positioned very angular. (I know - Lego, but still! pirate_tong.gif )

I think the bench in the boat is a nice detail, and it is good to see my fellow corlanders taking a peaceful approach to the natives! pirate_laugh2.gif (Not like them fundementalist Oleanders or profit-hungry Eslandonians!)

I bet the climate is cool where you landed since your natives are dressed to the neck pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_tong.gif

He thought he discovered an island but lo and behold it was a continent! I wish... Anyway nicely done with the Lego you had on hand. I'm more of a hot and humid kind of guy, so tropic builds tend to pique my interest a bit more, but nicely done nonetheless

This is a nice peaceful scene, and the natives are a welcome change. I like the basic design of the terrain - it's very believable rather than being all flat and the rolling water effect is nice. I like the elevation of the boat - and it would look even better with the stern sunk partially into the water and possibly turned to avoid all the right angles. The activity is very realistic and you have a lot going on within the confines of the size limit, but I also agree that turning a few of the minifigs would enhance the overall look. Good work and keep it up.