Garmadon

[The Frozen Beyond Cat. A] Spy Duty...

24090872185_7c16d06ac0_z.jpg

Sometimes it's just plain hard to be a frozen beyonder... especially when you're on spy duty or something...

24231083550_2eafa72e88_z.jpg

They really have no idea why, but somehow their approach is always noticed and the're spotted... Oh well, there are some problems involved in carrying winter around in your back pocket!

23464104533_08abe1f805_z.jpg

Nevertheless, Uridius is quite unconcerned (he's always unconcerned, for that matter!)

23723045309_0525b0c9eb_z.jpg

Finally got the interior to this thing finished! This is my Category A entry to the Frozen Beyond contest, and was (minus the interior) an entry to CCCXIII's large miscellaneous - and yes, I know it doesn't stand much of a chance in that quarter, but it didn't fit anywhere else!

Credit goes to SK for the awesome bridge design, thanks for viewing, C&C are always welcome! :classic:

Nice simple build.

I really like the ice hill of yours and the snot walls works quite well also. :classic:

Really cool compostioin, with the snow coming, and lovely wall-techniques. That bridge is also very Nice!

Very nice Fort !

The walls design is very good and your snow is quite good. You still have a chance in Cat A !

I like the funny story too; it's totally absurd an Algus being quiet and spying... :laugh:

Well executed build, with a good fun story ! Great job !

Thanks all!

Very nice!! But why is 'the frozen beyonder' stealing grapes? :wink:

Thanks Steward! He was tired of all the frozen food he's been getting so he couldn't resist (that's another one of the Algus' weaknesses! :laugh:)

Really cool compostioin, with the snow coming, and lovely wall-techniques. That bridge is also very Nice!

Thanks a lot Titus, glad you like it! :wink:

Very nice Fort !

The walls design is very good and your snow is quite good. You still have a chance in Cat A !

I like the funny story too; it's totally absurd an Algus being quiet and spying... :laugh:

Well executed build, with a good fun story ! Great job !

Thanks Faladrin, glad you like it! Yes, the huge trail of ice and snow seems to give them away usually! :laugh: And did you notice the plate of apples, probably from some great-great grandfather of Felipe or something? :wink::laugh:

Nice build Garmadon, the SNOT wall is great, and so is the interior! Really like the red carpet! :thumbup:

Great entry! Funny and very well built :laugh::thumbup:.

The combination between tiled walls and the tiled wooden section in the interior is absolutely fantastic. You also did a great job on mixing tiles with normal parts in the walls, which gives a really cool look. I especially like the snow or ice hanging from the wall in the inside. The wooden bridge is also neat, even if it's not your own idea.

As always, I also try to give you some constructive feedback (which is really difficult looking at such a beautiful build): I'm not a huge fan of the ice. The technique you used and also that it's a stud above the rest of the water, is very good. But the colour seems wrong. I haven't seen much light blue ice in my life. It always was white (trans-clear) :sadnew::wink:.

Otherwise I can't find something to improve.

Also, that banquet looks delicious and the candles and their holders are fantastic details :wub:

Edit: just took a closer look on Flickr and noticed the Ninjago hats as plates. Chapeau!

Edited by Simon_S

So much to love about this build. Flawless execution and presentation overall. My favourite parts surely are the wooden roof of the bridge where Uridius is standing, but also the indication of the roof above the dining table, and surely the icing of the wooden wall in the interior, what a lovely contrast. I also love the freezing water and your approach to building the wall - both work out superb.

One of the best entries to the challenge for sure.

Really nice work Garmadon...as Simon said, I really like the way you blended the plates into the wall. It really fits and makes this whole build work great!

Thanks all!

Great entry! Funny and very well built :laugh::thumbup:.

The combination between tiled walls and the tiled wooden section in the interior is absolutely fantastic. You also did a great job on mixing tiles with normal parts in the walls, which gives a really cool look. I especially like the snow or ice hanging from the wall in the inside. The wooden bridge is also neat, even if it's not your own idea.

As always, I also try to give you some constructive feedback (which is really difficult looking at such a beautiful build): I'm not a huge fan of the ice. The technique you used and also that it's a stud above the rest of the water, is very good. But the colour seems wrong. I haven't seen much light blue ice in my life. It always was white (trans-clear) :sadnew::wink:.

Otherwise I can't find something to improve.

Also, that banquet looks delicious and the candles and their holders are fantastic details :wub:

Edit: just took a closer look on Flickr and noticed the Ninjago hats as plates. Chapeau!

Thanks Simon! :sweet: Ha, ha, yes, that was mostly because I wanted to use those light-trans-blue tiles, and I didn't have any in trans-clear either! The excuse was that it was the water below that gave it the bluish tint, but you are right about that :laugh: As to the Ninjago hats, if you ever use them as plates like this, make sure to leave a stud hole in the table, otherwise they are impossible to stand up! :grin:

So much to love about this build. Flawless execution and presentation overall. My favourite parts surely are the wooden roof of the bridge where Uridius is standing, but also the indication of the roof above the dining table, and surely the icing of the wooden wall in the interior, what a lovely contrast. I also love the freezing water and your approach to building the wall - both work out superb.

One of the best entries to the challenge for sure.

Thanks a lot Elostirion, glad you like it!

Really nice work Garmadon...as Simon said, I really like the way you blended the plates into the wall. It really fits and makes this whole build work great!

Thanks Kayne! Yes, those two parts went together even better than I had expected!

Nice build, and I especially like the little surprise one gets when its turned around to show the interior. The freezing water is very well done.

I liked this build a lot, even when I only saw the exterior, but the superb interior detailing really takes it to a new level :thumbup: The wooden rafters and roof section are particularly cool.

And it does seem that Algus would be pretty poor at infiltrating enemy camps :laugh:

Thanks all!

Nice build, and I especially like the little surprise one gets when its turned around to show the interior. The freezing water is very well done.

Thank you, glad you like it! :wink:

I liked this build a lot, even when I only saw the exterior, but the superb interior detailing really takes it to a new level :thumbup: The wooden rafters and roof section are particularly cool.

And it does seem that Algus would be pretty poor at infiltrating enemy camps :laugh:

Thanks SK! :classic: Yes, I envisioned that that would be a pretty tough job for them! :laugh:

The snow and ice look great, love that interior!

Thanks Puvel! The interior certainly took the most time... but most of that time was just trying to get around to it! :laugh:

Definitely one of my favorite builds from you yet! :wub: The wall texturing is fantastic and you incorporated the round tower into the rest of the wall seamlessly :thumbup:

The interior is excellent too, I'm really liking the table and rafters :classic:

Definitely one of my favorite builds from you yet! :wub: The wall texturing is fantastic and you incorporated the round tower into the rest of the wall seamlessly :thumbup:

The interior is excellent too, I'm really liking the table and rafters :classic:

Thanks LJ! I'm afraid it sat around too long on my desk for it to be one of my favorite builds though I do like it, but I'm glad you do! Thanks! :wink::pir-sweet: