c0rnedfr0g

Post Your Superhero Minifig Collections Here!

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Is the Zur-en-Arrh legit?

Sadly no.  And neither is the 2011Comic-Con Exclusive!  :def_shrug:

I tried to put the most legit lego parts and the best bootleg parts I can find together.   I think they are pretty close, but, you know, it’s not the same!  :cry_sad:

here they are:   

320A57CA-4B7A-42B6-8352-A4B35E7660F2

And, here are the real ones:

latest?cb=20141121124554 sh002.png

Are custom printed minifigures, welcome here?

PS. I know the difference between bootleg and custom printed (real lego) 

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Are custom printed minifigures, welcome here?

I would say as long as you are honest about it, because as I’ve seen across various parts of the forum people use them as place holders. @Mat099s collection is still pretty sweet and looks good with them. On the other hand someone like Donnie the Lego Dude on IG has an amazing collection of DC figs, but they are nearly all custom printed because there aren’t that many legit ones. Having said all of that, I don’t make the rules :laugh:

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I would say as long as you are honest about it, because as I’ve seen across various parts of the forum people use them as place holders

Most of my Superheroes are custom printed with moulded helmets lol, I'm almost at the point that Lego ones are placeholders :laugh:

Sincere apologies to the ones I may have offended!    :head_back:

More seriously,  I generally don't mix my real minifigs with bootlegs or custom. And I have lost interest in trying to replicate SDCC exclusives a while ago...

I made my new Batman frame to fit the size of my other ones (you can see all of  them here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149701597@N06/). That gave me 78 spaces.

Now, I currently  own 73 of the 77 batman minifigures referenced on brikclink, only missing the two exclusives (:damn:) and two recent ones ( tlm192 and  sh589).  There is also 3 mighty micros and 1 microfig who are referenced, but I keep them with their other friends

So I reached to the drawer to fill the 5 empty spots with my two copys, and 3 spare batman minifigs. You can play "where's Waldo" if you want to :wink:.   But I have a feeling it won't be that long before we get 3 new batman minifigures...   and the drawer again for those controversial bootlegs!!

I can't post a picture atm, but I have 3 shelves of DC, and 4 shelves of marvel. They consist of a mix of both bootlegs and official. 

Not sure why the controversy over bootleg figures. Lego quite literally refuses to sell these figures to people, so what exactly is the expectation for collectors?

When Lego flips the bird to collectors, Lego should expect collectors to flip the bird back. That's the way bird flipping works.

My DC Collection so far. No knock-offs or customs. I have a purist Smallville Clark Kent I created myself on the left-hand side. I have a decent number of Marvel figs that I'll post later.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNHUC7FJ0fU/

On 9/10/2019 at 5:27 AM, Gomek said:

Not sure why the controversy over bootleg figures. Lego quite literally refuses to sell these figures to people, so what exactly is the expectation for collectors

1) The minifigure is a LEGO trademark. Copying the minifigure infringes on that trademark and that alone is illegal in most markets. That goes without saying that the IP for the bootleg minifigures is held by DC Comics and Marvel, so that doubles the IP theft count per minifig

2) LEGO has not refused to sell minifigures in sets. That implies that they have stockpiles of minifigs just sitting there that are going unsold. LEGO has to work with the IP owners (in this case DC and Marvel) in order to design, create and release products. LEGO does not get to pick and choose what minifigs they will release in a given cycle. They also need to consider what will sell if they include it in a set

3)  Encouraging other people to engage in an illegal transaction is wrong

Edited by ApocSlay

On 4/1/2021 at 2:19 AM, ApocSlay said:

3)  Encouraging other people to engage in an illegal transaction is wrong

It's not illegal to buy a knockoff.

3 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

The retailer has potentially ripped off the minifigure design if they aren’t using actual Lego, and you can be damned sure that they didn’t get permission from DC to make them, nor entered into a contract. It’s not illegal in the UK but the purchase of counterfeit goods is illegal in America and many others. Purchasing knockoff goods might not always be illegal, but it’s perpetuating the market, which is valued in the trillions of dollars.

17 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

In some countries it is. In New Zealand it is definitely illegal to sell it, and I've personally seen the police remove stock of off-brand blocks from a pop-up stall in a mall. IP theft and product counterfeiting is dealt with appropriately here.