c0rnedfr0g

Post Your Superhero Minifig Collections Here!

13 hours ago, Shahennian said:

Hot damn, deemen. Most of us here don't own a single SDCC exclusive so you having all of them is impressive (and I'm very very jealous). Well done, I can't imagine how much you must have paid for them

I got some of the very rare ones (2013 sdcc figs) early on. Surprised at how much their prices have skyrocketed in a couple of years. Just lucky I guess.

Big fan of your collection, deemen. Collection goals for sure...

I have the old Robin but not the version with the short hair. I tell myself the alternate version is too high of an expense to be justified, but then I see collections like yours and it bugs me again. :tongue:

9 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Big fan of your collection, deemen. Collection goals for sure...

I have the old Robin but not the version with the short hair. I tell myself the alternate version is too high of an expense to be justified, but then I see collections like yours and it bugs me again. :tongue:

Thank you! Sometimes I hate myself for being a completist. But come to think of it, my collection will never be complete :cry_sad:

10 hours ago, deemen said:

Thank you! Sometimes I hate myself for being a completist. But come to think of it, my collection will never be complete :cry_sad:

Haha, I know what you mean... The only way for your collection to be complete would be the SH line to be discontinued, and we wouldn't want that, would we? :tongue:

13 hours ago, deemen said:

Yeah!   I had to wipe out a couple of tears for you!  :tongue:    But I can comfort myself by thinking that, after all, you only have 17 minifigures more than me...   :laugh_hard:

24 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I always have to hold off on sets to try to get everything at a discount!

Maybe if I was bright/patient enough to do that, i could afford some exclusives!  

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I honestly do not know how some of you guys manage to keep your collections so up to date. I always have to hold off on sets to try to get everything at a discount!

I just focused on one theme which is Superheroes. Cannot afford another theme to collect. I wonder how Starwars minifig collectors are coping. :wacko:

On 3/19/2018 at 6:28 PM, blksuperman2 said:

It's funny, a few years ago I was on here complaining about the lack of black female minifigures.  Now I have a whole Army of them.

Nice! Decided to build out my Dora army some too. Not as many as you, but I'm happy with what I got:

40607263724_4bbfe18e68.jpgIMG_20180408_120746 by Onionania, on Flickr

27448762208_36fccfbc3a.jpgIMG_20180408_120956 by Onionania, on Flickr

Still lacking great options for black women heads over all (especially when they need to be one sided for these bald Doras), but weirdly this Star Wars character I've never heard of (Agen Kolar?) works really good. Alien spots work for characters with facial tattoos!

Um hi I figure I'll bring this back to life. Can someone tell me how to make pics smaller I'm really confused I would post a couple customs but I don't understand

Edited by The evil Lord of lego

47 minutes ago, The evil Lord of lego said:

Um hi I figure I'll bring this back to life. Can someone tell me how to make pics smaller I'm really confused I would post a couple customs but I don't understand

Host your images on Flickr first. Then click on the photo in Flickr and there's a button on the menu under the image that looks like a forwarding arrow. Click on that and you'll have a link to 'share' the image. Just paste that link into the message window and it will automatically appear.

Uploading to Flickr is very easy if you haven't done so already. Just open an account and there's a button on the top menu to upload images. Click that and you can then just drag any images onto your browser window and you can then name them / give descriptions etc or just upload them without any of that.

On 4/9/2018 at 4:39 AM, blksuperman2 said:

Nice collection HyperOnion.  That Agen Kolar figure is crazy expensive!!  But I have to admit, they look good.

Strangely, the head is actually quite cheap (x<$1.00 USD) and available in large quantities on Bricklink.

I'm guessing it's the horns+headdress piece that's driving up the price– Zabraks are a common species in Star Wars, but they have few minifigures to represent them.

Edited by N_Cat

Inspired by this thread i thought Id post some of mine ( i own at least one, in some cases multiples, of every production super hero figure/set from the first batman line up to the  current of all Marvel and DC  (including all book and video game pack ins)  except for convention exclusives

I will try and share some of my troop buliders or customs

here is my current GOTG Scavengers

Taserface, Yondu, and Kraglin are front and center

IMG_1220

I re-made set 76077 for a bit more detail,

here is my custom Detroit Steel

IMG_1224IMG_1225

I will post my re-done "Lola" later

Here is a large brick built "minifig"(ala 76051 Gi-Ant man) style Sentinel that i made

IMG_1228

Edited by Mattallica

After my SuperHeroes classic theme stand, here's my TLBM collection :) I have other minifigs from this theme but I wanted, on this stand, to show only one per character (one is created). I'm working on something else for the rest of it.
I tried to make it "in action" and funny... at least in comparison with my other stand

42499308530_05b5531f15_c.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pics. Here's close ups

42499301530_9f6bc98d27_z.jpg

42499305440_a7d381ccdf_z.jpg

For those wondering what's the little buiding in the corner. I had two version in mind : this one with no backgrounds and a second one that uses all the builts we have in the sets but It can't be put as it is. It needs a bit of customizing :)
I will maybe work on the second one at some point but for now I only kept Harley & Joker's appartment. I tried to keep the designs and colors from what we got in the sets

29371213387_b554a721d1_z.jpg

Edit : It not very important but I forgot to say that there's some Justice League members that weren't in TLBM sets but in the movie. Two (Ace & Krypto) that aren't in the movie at all but I wanted to keep the dogs together. And Phyllis that is the movie but not in the sets.

Edited by brew

Gosh, @Enthedn, your frame layouts look spectacular! 

I was able to get my Marvel collection out tonight for an updated group shot. I’ve got everything but the minifigures from the Bricktober Pack (Merica!) and 76115, which will hopefully change in the next few months. 

Updated collection

20 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Gosh, @Enthedn, your frame layouts look spectacular! 

I was able to get my Marvel collection out tonight for an updated group shot. I’ve got everything but the minifigures from the Bricktober Pack (Merica!) and 76115, which will hopefully change in the next few months. 

*snippity-do-da*

I’m wondering, & hoping with my fingers crossed that the Bricktober pack will be the GWP in April to coincide with Endgame. Every time I watch Infinity War...it hurts a little bit not having them. :cry_sad:

Nice mostly updated collection. I need to grab all of the new Marvel releases...been too distracted by the Second Part sets. I want 2099 bad. I’m glad they went with that design instead of the newer redesign.

So, It’s been a while!  Last week-end was a long one here in Canada, and I spent a good chunk of it doing this...

Bat-suits

Bat-computer

Thanks @Vindicare and @RadioYeh

5 hours ago, RadioYeh said:

@Mat099 That's incredible. Do you have a favorite? 

It is funny, cause my son and I both made a personnal top 10 while we were working on the frame!   Mine went like this:

10:    sh265.png

9:  sh535.png

8:  sh111.original.png

7:   sh132.png

6:   bat022.png

5: sh046.png

4:   sh532.png

3:  tlm130.png

2:  sh233.png

And my absolute favorite is this little guy.   sh217.png

He is awesome even without his armor: brickers_mf-sh217_2