c0rnedfr0g

Post Your Superhero Minifig Collections Here!

I posted my Marvel display a few pages ago and here is my DC Super Heroes display which is right below the Marvel shelves.

Because that's where Batman likes to be, down in the basement, with the lights out, in the darkness.

36392026385_1872c8dc2c_z.jpgDC Superheroes Display by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

On the top shelf, the Justice League is fighting the Legion of Doom in front of Jokerland and Arkham Asylum. On the left, Superman and Superboy are taking on Darkseid while Martian Manhunter and Hawkman are rushing to Plastic Man's rescue in the back and Vixen and Red Hood are helping Flash fight Captain Cold.

35556512134_9fbc512955_z.jpgDC Superheroes Display by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

On the right, Wonder Woman is fighting Lex Luthor, Blue Beetle is fighting Katana, Aquaman is fighting Black Manta, the Teen Titans are fighting Slade, Gorilla Grodd, and Captain Boomerang, and Supergirl is fighting Brainiac, Zod and Ares with the help of Green Arrow and the Green Lanterns. Meanwhile, some inmates are escaping from Arkham, Poison Ivy is holding Lightning Lad captive, and Catwoman and Catman are causing trouble for Commissioner Gordon and the Mayor.

35584019603_e71ccb6f0f_z.jpgDC Superheroes Display by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Underneath the streets of Gotham, a slew of Batman's rogues have infiltrated the Batcave and are attacking the Dark Knight and his friends. Bane, TwoFace and his goons are trashing the Batmobile and Batcycle while Nightwing and Batgirl are fighting Killer Croc, Talia and Ra's Al Ghul. Robin wants to help, but Clayface has put him into a sticky situation.

36224130092_9bb8f81da6_z.jpgDC Superheroes Display by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

On the right, Batman is fighting some C-list villains while Mr. Freeze has Alfred trapped in ice, Penguin is entering through the lake, and Riddler is surveying the battle from a safe distance. Batman's arsenal of useful and not-so-useful Batsuits can be seen in the back.

35556512084_70b6d2722b_z.jpgDC Superheroes Display by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

I hope you like it. I can't wait to add all the 2018 heroes and villains to the display!

On 8/4/2017 at 6:54 AM, Vindicare said:

@Captain Britain Ha, I like the way you shoved Ms. Marvel in there. :laugh: I'm not completely sold on the arms, but I appreciate the attempt. 

When I first saw the minifig I absolutely hated the arms! Then I finally got the set, saw the fig in the flesh, and still hate the arms!

I'm tempted to get a second torso to cut the arms out and put some regular ones in.

Hi guys there is so much good stuff her?! I have a small collection but pretty awesome in my opinion! Do you guys want to see it?

12 hours ago, Awsome1987 said:

Hi guys there is so much good stuff her?! I have a small collection but pretty awesome in my opinion! Do you guys want to see it?

Yep :) get it posted!

For those of you who have seen the epic official Avengers: Infinity War poster / mural (it's actually 3 separate murals put together) -- I made a LEGO-fied version (I'll post the original for comparison):

Official Poster
36009478542_9b16658e1e_c.jpgAvengers: Infinity War ✨️ [MCU] [MARVEL] by agoodfella minifigs, on Flickr

36460994495_837bedf4af_c.jpgAvengers: Infinity War ✨️ [LEGOFIED] [MCU] [MARVEL] [MOC] by agoodfella minifigs, on Flickr

Just now, agoodfella77 said:

For those of you who have seen the epic official Avengers: Infinity War poster / mural (it's actually 3 separate murals put together) -- I made a LEGO-fied version (I'll post the original for comparison):

Official Poster
Avengers: Infinity War ✨️ [MCU] [MARVEL] by agoodfella minifigs, on Flickr
*Snip Snip*
Avengers: Infinity War ✨️ [LEGOFIED] [MCU] [MARVEL] [MOC] by agoodfella minifigs, on Flickr

Haha, I saw this on Flickr earlier on in the day   :)

Really like your poster, although Thanos's smile...   :P

Just now, JACKATTACKS said:

Haha, I saw this on Flickr earlier on in the day   :)

Really like your poster, although Thanos's smile...   :P

Thanks! Haha -- nothing much I could do about that smile -- "dread it, run from it, destiny still arrives..." -- something chilling about that line.

I also noticed something very interesting about the official poster -- every single character is looking away save from 3 (or perhaps 4 depending on where Spidey is ultimately looking). I don't think that is an accident. And for those who have read the Infinity War story from the comics -- it's very interesting indeed!

So I am currently reorganising my minifigures frames, again, with the new Justice League and Ragnarok stock, and as I was going on today, I realized that my son was working on a DC minifigures display of his own!

imageimage

That's my boy!   :grin:

Edited by Mat099

On 9/14/2017 at 4:55 PM, r5-j2 said:

*Snip*

My Iron Men.

Nice collection bud! I used to have that Mk 1, it's a good version isn't it? I love that gold chrome MIDAS armour too. I really wish Lego would make an official one of that.

Roll on some more for the Infinity War releases :sweet:.

I need to get an updated photo attached, I've almost filled another frame!

14 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I try to stay away from knockoff minifigs, but those Iron Man variants are certainly very tempting... Especially that Mark I!

I know exactly what you mean... but there have been 3 or 4 of them done that can sit alongside any of Lego's official releases and they'll fit right in. There's a Bones that was done and the printing is superb.

Didn't want to either but I confess I have sinned ^^ I just bought my first 2 fake minifigs few weeks ago because of SDCC exclusives...

I'll post pictures of my collection right away but I wanted to share this before. I got this little box at McCafé which they give you to go and... I don't know, try something out
It's not very good (I did that very quickly), I'm sure you guys could figure out something nicer. But I just wanted to share this free little box, I think it could be great for small collections like Justice League or Avengers :)
37139481522_2093b873da_c.jpg37312642975_1166dd3b82_c.jpg

So here it is ! Sorry about the quality of the pics. I chose a brick stand which was working better for what I wanted to do even tho dust is a big problem -_-
It looks a bit big/empty but it's just that I have made room for future figs. The stand is not really fun to built so I try to just change it once a year
Don't really know what to say more... I have other figs but I wanted on this stand (which is the only minifigs I expose) not to have the same character twice or more on it. Sometimes I change the minifg a bit so they are more accurate (took off Deadshot jetpack, not sure if he has one in some version of him, but to me it's not very character-like) or just add details to make them more to my taste (boots on Flash and Superman, "ring" of Green Lantern) 
Comics version only (some TLBM when they don't look ridiculous even tho I love them) Thinking about making an other stand for movies version... if I find the space ^^

37139351942_77d9381369_b.jpg37169329471_368e12769c_b.jpg

44 minutes ago, brew said:

So here it is ! Sorry about the quality of the pics. I chose a brick stand which was working better for what I wanted to do even tho dust is a big problem -_-
It looks a bit big/empty but it's just that I have made room for future figs. The stand is not really fun to built so I try to just change it once a year
Don't really know what to say more... I have other figs but I wanted on this stand (which is the only minifigs I expose) not to have the same character twice or more on it. Sometimes I change the minifg a bit so they are more accurate (took off Deadshot jetpack, not sure if he has one in some version of him, but to me it's not very character-like) or just add details to make them more to my taste (boots on Flash and Superman, "ring" of Green Lantern) 
Comics version only (some TLBM when they don't look ridiculous even tho I love them) Thinking about making an other stand for movies version... if I find the space ^^

From which set/minifigure are the red/yellow legs of the flash? They look amazing on him.

Yep, it is @Huigberts Builds ! On regular Lego it's a pair of red shorts et naked lower legs (of an old lady actually ^^)

I got 2 of them. For future Firestorm :)

Edited by brew

@brew great little collection you've got going on! Do you stick to collecting DC? I quite liked the little box with the 60's Batman figs in too, creative!

Had the last Justice League set I needed delivered yesterday. The Flash is great, as is Batman! Glad to tick that lot off my list now. I believe all I've got left for the year now is..

2x Marvel Mighty Micros (Supes/Bizarro/WW/Doomsday)

2x DC Mighty Micros  (Spidey/Scorpion/Wolverine/Mags)

1x TRU Bricktober Batman pack (when it eventually gets announced here in the UK properly)

1x Penguin Arkham prison suit variant from the book

1x Giant-Man/Goliath from the Marvel Super Heroes 2 game pre-order (again, when it gets announced in the UK properly)

Maybe I'll nab me some Star Wars UCS bits before Christmas seeing as I'll be done with Lego! Quite pleasing actually.

Thanks ! :)    Yeah I do... I actually sold my Marvel collection a few years ago :/
I try to limit myself, I think I have too much already. Even tho I try to never put too much money on it I think I would freak out if I calculate what it cost me so far ^^ So I have some rules or excuses not to buy some minifigures.

For Marvel for example, I stoped because to me it will always be lacking some major minifigs because they don't have the rights in some versions of their character : I think we'll never have movie based X-Men or Fantastic 4 universe characters whatsoever. I hope thinks will turn around like for Spider-Man :) DC will not have those issues because Warner owns it all and Warner also owns the Lego Movies, so I'm not we'll ever see a movie based on Marvel Lego characters
Maybe if I got the money at some point I'll get back on it. It was weird to sale them...
I have others rules but sometimes I don't know if I should buy one in "double" : Supergirl for instance, right now I just put the hair I got in spare because the suit was the same... But it's the same for Robin, Superman, Bane, Joker : some versions of them have basically the same suit, only minors things will differ like cape, accesories, legs or expressions... And I always hesitate to get those

Edit : Did you post a pic of you collection @Captain Britain ?        I totally forgot about the Penguin in his prison suit ^^    

Edited by brew

@brew not a bad idea really, it must cut down the spending by quite a bit! Unlike you, I don't have any control and have to get each variant for both Marvel & DC even if it is the smallest change! I really enjoy collecting them, but part of me wishes I could pass up on some and not be bothered about trying to 'complete'.. even though I'll never be able to with all the SDCC figs I can't get!

I've posted various pictures over the last few pages but nothing recently. Kind of waiting until I finish off my last pick ups before posting an update. I'm quite jealous of @Mat099 collection though which you'll see if you scroll back a little too!