c0rnedfr0g

Post Your Superhero Minifig Collections Here!

13 hours ago, kaelthas said:

Great Collection! I love this.

Thanks.   I love it too! :laugh:

6 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Well, the sh072 is marked for deletion because it doesn't include the round pieces on the feet. Same reason some early minifigs with flippers or skates had entries without those accessories, and they were marked for deletion and had a new entry made including the pieces. The actual figure should include those pieces. I used to not care about the round pieces on the Iron Man type figures, but after a while I realized they complement the color scheme of the figure.

Well, as long as they don't give two different numbers to the exact same minifigure, from the same set, with and without accessories, i'm ok with it!

Here`s some Bat-Weirdness.. Azrael, Lobo and others. The Knightmare Batman uses the torso/legs from the Ra`s Al Ghul set (the Bat V.W. buggy also started off in that set)

35104087773_236d165402_z.jpgIMG_2823 by kenny burns, on Flickr

Edited by r5-j2

On 6/24/2017 at 1:50 PM, Aegis2000 said:

I have a question for anyone collecting here. 

If you buy even one of the Mighty Micros, do you feel inclined to buy all of them? I hadn't been purchasing them, but I want to purchase and modify Iron Man vs Thanos. However, I don't want to feel like not buying the Moghty Micros will make me have an incomplete collection (though I still need that Silver Centurion!). Does anyone else feel their super hero minifigure collection is incomplete without them?

I have two of them...and it does feel incomplete, at the same time, it doesn't. I don't consider them apart of the main line...more like a sidebar. However, I would like to get them all, but I'm not as adamant about them as I am the regular sets. I won't feel bummed if I miss out on any(like I am about Jokerland:sadnew::cry_sad:).

I think mighty micros are a bit like Juniors sets..You can source some pieces which could be useful, but that for me is all they are.I don't really care for them...at their current price point, I'd rather buy a Brickheadz. 

A question to all the Batman collectors: Since the 2nd wave of TLBM is not integrated in Bricklink yet, which of the Batmans are different from the 3 Types of the first wave? 

2 hours ago, julesvincent said:

A question to all the Batman collectors: Since the 2nd wave of TLBM is not integrated in Bricklink yet, which of the Batmans are different from the 3 Types of the first wave? 

The one from the ultimate batmobile and two-face truck has the type 4 head. I assume the winged bat in the scarecrow set is also unique.

1 hour ago, deemen said:

The one from the ultimate batmobile and two-face truck has the type 4 head. I assume the winged bat in the scarecrow set is also unique.

The head from the Winged Bat from Scarecrow set is the same as Head Type 2, Tartan Batman, Tears of Batman Clown and Tiger Tux Batman.

Well, I do count the winged one as "different" just because of the wings. Ok, so one from the ultimate batmobile and two face set is the same? How about the one from the bane and batwing set? thanks for your help @deemen and @Captain Britain!

Edited by julesvincent

39 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

Well, I do count the winged one as "different" just because of the wings. Ok, so one from the ultimate batmobile and two face set is the same? How about the one from the bane and batwing set? thanks for your help @deemen and @Captain Britain!

Bane looks like it's Head Type 4 and Batwing looks like Head Type 1 from what I can tell on the Lego website... don't take that as gospel though!

2 hours ago, julesvincent said:

The Batman from the Bane set has the Killer Croc/Disco Batman head

11 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

The Batman from the Bane set has the Killer Croc/Disco Batman head

He does indeed - God knows what I was looking at earlier! Ignore me!

Ok,I'm trying to do a list here (just fro the regular TLBM suit):

Type 1: Batcave, Batmobile, Arctic Roller, Riddler, Batwing

Type 2: Clayface, Freeze, Scarecrow delivery

Type 3: Arkham, Killer Croc, Joker Balloon, Scuttler, Bane

Type 4: Ultimate Batmobile, Two Face Truck

Correct?

On 6/18/2017 at 11:42 PM, BrickHat said:

My spreadsheet includes date acquired, theme, set code, and year of release for every minifig, keychain, promo brick, and set that I own. :wink:

I do that with sets. It allows for more accuracy than Brickset imo factoring in sales, mark-ups, etc.

@Aegis2000

yes.  I like that minifig a lot, but those arms were really too ugly for me!   So it's the first time i have ever modified a minifigure!   (I am kind of a purist)

But those guys thought about this before me, so i knew it was possible!

On 2 février 2017 at 2:52 PM, N_Cat said:

Alright, guys, I'm in the US, but I bought a Ms. Marvel figure on Bricklink. Here are my observations and thoughts:

• The torso comes in an unusually large plastic bag with perforations. If the bag is unfolded, it's about the area of the front face of a $13 set.
  • The hands (not the bracelets, the actual minifigure hands) are removable from the arms and can be replaced as well, but they require more force than when removing or replacing hands from regular arms.  Once removed, they appear to be standard hands.
  • The arm piece feels less like rubber Friends hair and more like Lego's typical soft plastic tubes.
  • There's no metal wire, it's just molded into the curved shape, so it can't be posed well, and the shape just snaps back to default as soon as pressure stops. However, the plastic does feel like if you left it in one position for a while, it might tend towards that position.
  • The printing quality on the torso looks fantastic.

I then used scissors to cut the arm tube.

• The tube is very soft, and is very easy to cut.
  • The tube is solid; there's no hole through the center, nor is there a core made of a different material
  • Standard minifigure arms definitively DO pop in, with no further modification needed.
  • The balls are not compressed once inside the socket, so the figure shouldn't be damaged, nor should the arm pieces.
  • The arms can be rotated without popping out or breaking.
  • However, the interior socket is uneven; it's rectangular, so the ball joint on the arm experiences uneven friction as the arm is rotated; in some positions it has more friction than others.
  • Because the sockets aren't designed to hold minifigure arms, there's a tiny bit of give: in some positions, the arm comes a millimeter out of joint. However, in most positions it looks completely normal.
  • Arms come out easier than from normal torsos, but they should stay in fine, even during posing or play.

Edit:

Other things of note:

• The torso piece doesn't have the customary white/black square on the neck peg. I assume that's because the arms are back-front symmetric, so it didn't matter which way the torso was facing when they were inserted.

On 25 janvier 2017 at 4:33 PM, Captain Britain said:

Guys..

Whoops, I slipped with the knife... :-^

Credit to Christoph on Flickr

Edited by Mat099

On 7/25/2017 at 11:54 AM, Mat099 said:

yes.  I like that minifig a lot, but those arms were really too ugly for me!   So it's the first time i have ever modified a minifigure!   (I am kind of a purist)

But those guys thought about this before me, so i knew it was possible!

Interesting! Too bad you can't remove the old arms without destroying them though, I'd love to be able to interchange them.

My latest pick ups over the last few months. All in temporary housing (definitely not the final frames!) until I can get my hands on a larger 50cm x 50cm IKEA Ribba frame. Sadly, it seems they have discontinued them so it might be a laugh trying to get hold of one, but we'll see.

I think I've started to lose count of the amount of Hulk big figs there are nowadays?

Not a bad haul over the last couple of months :)

Lego Marvel display

Sold pretty much all my Marvel minifigures last year, but couldn't resist the GOTG2 sets and now we are here (again) :p  

Edited by Kevii23

22 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

@Kevii23 this display looks brilliant! Makes me also wish I'd have kept the Abilisk :( onto eBay I go!

Yea, I actually wanted to modify it to a 'real' abilisk, but I had no inspiration and this looks okay haha.