c0rnedfr0g

Post Your Superhero Minifig Collections Here!

Here's a new shot of my frame:

Marvel Superheroes Display

I try and be selective, I think I have about half the Marvel sets and a handful of DC ones. Eventually this frame will be fully MCU, but until then the bottom two rows + Green Goblin/Kraven are comic-based. I also have Coulson, Hill, Fury on the Helicarrier stand and a handful of other figures waiting for a permanent home!

Marvel

Marvel

I've been looking at getting a couple of these for my Batman Movie figures, they look really nice if not a bit on the pricey side. Does anyone have any experience with them?

On 6/19/2017 at 3:27 AM, Captain Britain said:

I used to lol I need to get back on it as it's now out of date.

It's definitely a task. I've been doing it for about 13 years now. I just open the spreadsheet as soon as I get a new figure. :tongue:

I have a question for anyone collecting here. 

If you buy even one of the Mighty Micros, do you feel inclined to buy all of them? I hadn't been purchasing them, but I want to purchase and modify Iron Man vs Thanos. However, I don't want to feel like not buying the Moghty Micros will make me have an incomplete collection (though I still need that Silver Centurion!). Does anyone else feel their super hero minifigure collection is incomplete without them?

Edited by Aegis2000

49 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

If you buy even one of the Mighty Micros, do you feel inclined to buy all of them? I hadn't been purchasing them, but I want to purchase and modify Iron Man vs Thanos. However, I don't want to feel like not buying the Moghty Micros will make me have an incomplete collection (though I still need that Silver Centurion!). Does anyone else feel their super hero minifigure collection is incomplete without them?

I think my post from two pages ago speaks for itself. :laugh: But I only bought all of them because I'm in the minority who just likes the mighty micros style as it is and planned to get them all from the beginning. They're not part of the main Super Heroes theme, so if that's the only thing you're collecting, you shouldn't feel the need to buy all of them. If you want to buy them just because they have the Super Heroes label, you might as well collect the constraction figures, Brickheadz, Super Hero Girls, Duplo, and Juniors sets too.:wink:

2 hours ago, Oky said:

If you want to buy them just because they have the Super Heroes label, you might as well collect the constraction figures, Brickheadz, Super Hero Girls, Duplo, and Juniors sets too.:wink:

That's a really good point. Thanks Oky

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

That's a really good point. Thanks Oky

Only if you're collecting all the SH sets. If you're collecting the figs, only juniors matter.  

Personally, micros and juniors are a part of my collection as they're unique figs and I'd regret not having them later.

I consider them as superheroes minifigs, so i got them all.  But, since i also consider them to be quite ugly, i do not mix them with the others (yeah, i'm like this).  ( And i think i'll do the same thing with those 3 teen titans lego dimensions disasters!)

anyway, you can see this segregation on that (very poor) picture i just took (that remind me that i should take some new updated ones)

Now that is a huge collection! Nice way of putting Giant-Man, Ares etc. in context too. :thumbup:

22 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

I'm with everyone else, I collect them so I have to full set (bar SDCC) of SH. Although now I have Excalibur Bats I feel I need to get the other Dimension SH's to fill the void. I also collect the Juniors lot but won't dip into Duplo or Super Hero Girls.

27 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

I'm with everyone else, I collect them so I have to full set (bar SDCC) of SH. Although now I have Excalibur Bats I feel I need to get the other Dimension SH's to fill the void. I also collect the Juniors lot but won't dip into Duplo or Super Hero Girls.

Same here @Captain Britain After I got Excalibat, I backtracked and purchased the other Dimensions SH minifigs (that Supergirl one is the rarest). You should also get the microfigs from the Batman Lego Game :)

Same here...  I got those dimensions since the beginning, so no void here!  :laugh:

I also include the minifigs from the Spiderman (2002-2004) and Batman (2006-2008) waves.  So basicaly, everything but those Duplo and superhero girls, just like Cap!

here is a little update of my collection...   (Should get the missing Harley real soon! )

DSCF1516 - CopieDSCF1499 - CopieDSCF1493 - CopieDSCF1505

one day, l'll get better at taking pictures!

@Mat099 It never fails to impress me every time I see your SH collection! It makes me want to put all mine in character order but it would just be a huge pain opening up all the IKEA Ribba's to re-arrange. I've already opened them up enough times that the pins holding the back in are starting to fall apart :laugh:. Would love to collect the old Batman and Spider-Man lines too at some point, I think I need to play catch up on SH though. That said I've got the 2 Green Goblins and Mary Jane at least!

Anyway, now that my Star Wars collection has grown a teeny tiny amount I'm back on track and will now be focused on collecting the SH releases I don't have yet.

Finished my 5th frame last night..

Finished my 5th frame last night ? onto the 6th! Already got figs mounting up to put in and the baseplate ready. Need to pick up some bricks and get myself to IKEA.

And for the time being I managed to get some Stormtroopers framed like I originally wanted (although I can't fit the amount I'd like in!)..

Put some stormies in a frame!

So that leaves me to collect (currently out to buy)..

TLBM - Killer Croc, Tarantula, Zebra Man, The Wicked Witch, 2x Flying Monkeys, Polka Dot Man, Harley Quinn, Bane, Mutant Leader, Two Face, 2x GCPD Cops

DC - Wonder Woman, Ares, Steve Trevor

Marvel - 2x Thor, Loki, Grandmaster, Sakaarian Guard, Gladiator Hulk, Bruce Banner, Valkyrie, Hela, Beserker, Fenris Wolf, Spider-Man Homecoming Suit, Iron Man, Vulture, Shocker, 2x Robbers in Avenger Masks, Red Hulk, Comic Book Hulk, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Star-Lord, Gamora, Baby Groot, Drax, Nebula, Rocket Racoon, Taserface, Mantis

Mighty Micros - every damn one from Phase 2..

That it excluding Dimensions? So... 57? 58 if I get 2x Beserkers.. OH damn, forgot Ms. Marvel, Super Adaptoid, Captain America, Justin Hammer, Iron Man & Agent Coulson.. 64 :cry_sad:

Help?

I feel you Cap! 

I'm buying Ravager Attack, Captain America Jet Pursuit, Beware the Vulture, and ATM Heist Battle on July 1. That leaves me with the Thor sets (not yet in the US) and Hulk vs Red Hulk. 

This gives me 12 new minifigures from these sets, plus the three from Detroit Steel Strikes, four from the Milano, 3 from Ayesha's Revenge, and 2 from Iron Man vs Thanos (plusthe tree Dr. Strange minifigures from 2016!) that I've already got. I need a whole new baseplate to display these guys!

If you wait a while, they really sneak up on you!

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

I feel you Cap! 

I'm buying Ravager Attack, Captain America Jet Pursuit, Beware the Vulture, and ATM Heist Battle on July 1. That leaves me with the Thor sets (not yet in the US) and Hulk vs Red Hulk. 

This gives me 12 new minifigures from these sets, plus the three from Detroit Steel Strikes, four from the Milano, 3 from Ayesha's Revenge, and 2 from Iron Man vs Thanos (plusthe tree Dr. Strange minifigures from 2016!) that I've already got. I need a whole new baseplate to display these guys!

If you wait a while, they really sneak up on you!

I got double screwed. I was nicely up to date come end of 2016, then moved out from home and in with my girlfriend. My monthly Lego budget obviously took a huge hit haha (obviously for good reasons I'd never change of course!) but pair that with the OTT TLBM releases of waaaaay too many sets it's just made me struggle with everything else. It's not like they were cheap either!

Think I want to finish off the GOTG sets next. If I can finish 2017 off and be up to date I'll be more than happy! Really need an Argos 3 for 2 to come along.

Edited by Captain Britain

On 6/23/2017 at 7:19 PM, mediumsnowman said:

I've been looking at getting a couple of these for my Batman Movie figures, they look really nice if not a bit on the pricey side. Does anyone have any experience with them?

They are nice. I have 10 or so? I was using them one for each CMF line, back when I thought it was a temporary line. You can get 2-3 figures per space if you really want to, which is what I've had to do because there are so many CMF now.  The online price is out of hand though, keep an eye out at your local Toys R Us and you might find better deal on them. I don't think Walmart carries them anymore, which was the lowest price I was able to find back in 2011.  They do hang on the wall and protect figures very nicely.

6953058901_df0257879f_n.jpg

On 6/25/2017 at 4:21 PM, Mat099 said:

Same here...  I got those dimensions since the beginning, so no void here!  :laugh:

I also include the minifigs from the Spiderman (2002-2004) and Batman (2006-2008) waves.  So basicaly, everything but those Duplo and superhero girls, just like Cap!

here is a little update of my collection...   (Should get the missing Harley real soon! )

I can't imagine redoing that every time a new version of a fig comes out. Beautiful though.

Do you not have the old Spider-Man minor figs, or just not display them? Feel like you're missing a piece in there!

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

I can't imagine redoing that every time a new version of a fig comes out. Beautiful though.

Do you not have the old Spider-Man minor figs, or just not display them? Feel like you're missing a piece in there!

You caught me...  I had to "let go" some figs, cause of limited space !  Here they are, happy to get some fresh air!

And yes, i am missing some spiderman era figs, mostly civils, but also a Peter Parker, 2 Mary-Jane and one Doc Ock!   Working on it!   :laugh:

@Mat099 seeing that white headed Iron Man has made me remember I need to pick up one still. It's stupid.. I KNOW it's identical to the white headed Iron Man I've already got, which is also identical to the same suit which came with the Tony Stark head, but because Bricklink gave it a different number because it has the blue jet thingies I bloody need one!

On 27 juin 2017 at 8:55 AM, Captain Britain said:

@Mat099 seeing that white headed Iron Man has made me remember I need to pick up one still. It's stupid.. I KNOW it's identical to the white headed Iron Man I've already got, which is also identical to the same suit which came with the Tony Stark head, but because Bricklink gave it a different number because it has the blue jet thingies I bloody need one!

I used to relate more with the bricklink numbers when I started to collect back in 2013-14. But since then, i began to be a little annoyed by the apparent lack of rules about them...

So i etablish some ground rules for myself. The "ordinary" figure (shXXX) and the one with accessorie (shXXXa, in most cases) has to come in two different sets, one with the accessory and one without!

So, for exemple, this Iron Man sh072a, don't apply.  It seems to me that it's probably one seller who just wanted to be really specific about what he was selling.  But I could be wrong...  No way of knowing, i guess...
Edited by Mat099

18 hours ago, Mat099 said:

So, for exemple, this Iron Man sh072a, don't apply.  It seems to me that it's probably one seller who just wanted to be really specific about what he was selling.  But I could be wrong...  No way of knowing, i guess...

Oh no, I completely agree! You've probably hit the nail on the head with the reason! I know I've got that minifig, yet it bugs me not having another for those stupid number purposes.. guess I'm a little weird!

10 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

Oh no, I completely agree! You've probably hit the nail on the head with the reason! I know I've got that minifig, yet it bugs me not having another for those stupid number purposes.. guess I'm a little weird!

Yes...  That's also the feeling i get when i have to say things like: "no, Honey, this one has a different cape." "And this one has a slightly different head!"  :laugh:

"Oh, and you see that little yellow dot on his forehead? On the other one, it is actually blue!  Isn't exciting?"  

On 6/26/2017 at 4:21 AM, Mat099 said:

DSCF1516 - CopieDSCF1499 - CopieDSCF1493 - CopieDSCF1505

Great Collection! I love this.

On 6/28/2017 at 1:03 PM, Mat099 said:

Well, the sh072 is marked for deletion because it doesn't include the round pieces on the feet. Same reason some early minifigs with flippers or skates had entries without those accessories, and they were marked for deletion and had a new entry made including the pieces. The actual figure should include those pieces. I used to not care about the round pieces on the Iron Man type figures, but after a while I realized they complement the color scheme of the figure.