c0rnedfr0g

Post Your Superhero Minifig Collections Here!

That's dead on for the version in the Lego games, but... seeing it physically helps explain why there hasn't been an official Clayface yet. Super well done custom, but man, I don't know if there's a way to do that character without it looking like... well... not clay.

Yeah, keeping up isn't so bad, but filling out your backlog is rough. If you're just starting out, looking for lots might help you get stuff cheaper then buying individually? At least when I was doing the Simpsons CMF line, getting like 12 of the figures in a lot got me a pretty good price per figure, and then trying to get the last 4 is where the prices started killing me...

Really, I wish I'd known about Bricklink earlier, since I paid WAY too much on eBay for some of my earlier acquisitions compared to what I've seen them on BL for now.

Yea Bricklink is the way to go, and I've gotten over half my figs from there. I think I have around 140 Superhero minifigs now, with 7 or so on the way.

And, in terms of our odds of getting Clayface as an official character, kinda looks like a poop demon... Maybe it'd work better as a Big Fig?

I think we'll get a bigfig version with the LBM sets.

I personally think Customs are a great part of collecting Lego... although they can be a bit of a drain on your finances.

If I can give any advice on it I'd say pick a theme and stick to it... I personally stick with DC and Star Wars, hence all my Marvel customs getting sold as well as all of my LOTR & Hobbit items.

I only ever buy pad printed figures too... there are far too many digitally printed figures to even attempt to complete things... I normally find that anybody who has gone to the trouble of pad printing things have taken a lot of time to get the design right... which isn't always the case with digitally printed figures.

OLS's SDCC figures that are shown by Cap above are really well done but I'll stick to my modified bootlegs as the metallic print on the bootleg is actually closer to the genuine Lego versions.

If I ever look to downsize, the Batman figures will be the last to go though.

I second with the draining finances part haha.

I didn't realise about the metallic print on digital until the black suit superman arrives. I still think it's an awesome minifig and happy to own it but it did surprise me at first.

I second with the draining finances part haha.

I didn't realise about the metallic print on digital until the black suit superman arrives. I still think it's an awesome minifig and happy to own it but it did surprise me at first.

It's just the limitations of the digital print. I have a friend who owns a digital printing firm and their digital press is excellent quality and runs close to conventional litho print but you can't print metallics on that either.

Pad printing works like pantone colours on litho printing presses. It's why I also hate gradients in minifigure designs. It's not part of the Lego design ethic and it's not something that looks good with plated printing.

Well, my Marvel collection is finally at a point where the only ones I'm missing are $40 or up. My latest one was Iron Fist which was a huge mess to get. I ordered it off Ebay and the package came all beat-up with a big hole in it. Then the figure itself had these deep gashes in the head and one of the arms. So I tried to return it but somehow I ended up getting my money back and keeping the figure.

I'm no expert on how Ebay works but it makes me think of how easy it would be for a buyer to cheat somebody if they wanted to.

Then I bought the head off Bricklink for cheap and I found that the green from the Exo-suit set is the same so he's finally perfect.

My eyes are now set for Silver Centurion but this August wave is going to break my bank!

Oh man, the August wave is gonna kill me. I just got through spending about $200 and I have to recover from that. Iron Fist is on my list but it's hard to get him for a decent price because I already own the Spiderman from that set. So stupid they reused that spidey 9 flippin times. On a positive note, I will soon have all the X-men figs in hand including Deadpool. I have also nearly wrapped up getting the movie/encyclopedia/video game preorder exclusives.

Not sure how I missed your last post, nice collection Duncan! I've picked up the Killer Croc DC set now too. Definitely prefer the Scarecrow set to it but the minifigs are still great. Waiting for a could of bits to come through from Bricklink and S@H so will post some updates soon myself (been meaning too for a while!).

Anybody else got any to share?

I will try to get my collection opened back up and displayed soon, the cross country move still has me in boxes everywhere. I have acquired around 25 new figs since the move though, so displaying will be interesting as I was already running out of room.

I will try to get my collection opened back up and displayed soon, the cross country move still has me in boxes everywhere. I have acquired around 25 new figs since the move though, so displaying will be interesting as I was already running out of room.

I know how you feel. I moved over a year ago and I've still got some boxes in the garage and shed! Sounds like you've been busy adding to your collection though!

I know how you feel. I moved over a year ago and I've still got some boxes in the garage and shed! Sounds like you've been busy adding to your collection though!

I went for about 5 weeks without adding anything and I got a bug once we settled in here. I got quite a few exclusives, which are fun for me. I also snagged the Wolverine Chopper Showdown set, which I'd been eyeing since I came out of my dark ages last year.

Quick update pic I took last night. Not the tidiest as they all taken out of their frames but was nice to get all of them in one pic. I managed to get everything back in frames after but for some I'm having trouble with some figs dropping out all of a sudden which is a bit irritating as it means I need to crack everything back open.

I'm toying with either removing the glass or going for something a little different instead (as per the second pic - found it online and thought it might be quite neat).

Anyway.. my updated collection! I'll be adding the 4th Civil War set soon and I just found out there is now ANOTHER Superman.. he looks identical to what we've already got and we've got the head prints before (smile one side / red eyes the other) but not on the same head so I'll have to try pick him up too eventually :hmpf_bad: listed as sh300 on Bricklink but nobody has it for sale and I have no idea where to get it?!

28109798533_bd878239b6_c.jpgAll my Marvel and DC figs! by CaptainBritainDJW, on Flickr

Potential new idea I might explore..

28632103432_9840d70f5b_c.jpgPotential new display idea by CaptainBritainDJW, on Flickr

Yeah... I think my wife would kill me if I went down that route... ;)

Yeah... pretty much. She's aware of the figures but wouldn't be too keen for them to be on display... Why do you need that many Batman figures? Why don't you sell the Zebra one? I have a 7yr old with light fingers too.

Yeah... pretty much. She's aware of the figures but wouldn't be too keen for them to be on display... Why do you need that many Batman figures? Why don't you sell the Zebra one? I have a 7yr old with light fingers too.

:laugh: I completely understand.

:laugh: I completely understand.

My 7 year old gets more figs just because he's so damn adorable when he asks for my extras. I'll order a set that has one or two in it I already have, fully planning to sell the spares to offset the cost, and he will find out Daddy has an extra and beg me for it.

My 7 year old gets more figs just because he's so damn adorable when he asks for my extras. I'll order a set that has one or two in it I already have, fully planning to sell the spares to offset the cost, and he will find out Daddy has an extra and beg me for it.

Mine loves the female figs... I've got her things like Poison Ivy and Harley in the past. She loves Harley Quinn. God help me when my Christo New 52 Ivy arrives.

Mine loves the female figs... I've got her things like Poison Ivy and Harley in the past. She loves Harley Quinn. God help me when my Christo New 52 Ivy arrives.

My boy loves any Superhero minifig I get. He's really good about leaving the collection alone, but if I have an extra he wants it. Even if he already has it! I got an extra batman the other day that he has two of, and he still asked me for it. I assume it's because he loses his all the time.

Anyway.. my updated collection! .... listed as sh300 on Bricklink but nobody has it for sale and I have no idea where to get it?!

That photo of your massive collection is awesome! Very impressive!

It seems the sh300 fig comes in The Otherworldly League! (LEGO DC Super Heroes: Activity Book) which won't be available until August 30 (in the U.S., not sure about elsewhere).

That photo of your massive collection is awesome! Very impressive!

It seems the sh300 fig comes in The Otherworldly League! (LEGO DC Super Heroes: Activity Book) which won't be available until August 30 (in the U.S., not sure about elsewhere).

Cheers c0rnedfr0g (what an amazing name!). I managed to find it on Amazon UK too and think it's got the same release date. Guess I'll get that on pre-order!

I tweaked some of my Bat-family minifigs a litlle;

batfam_zpsrvrk6pkb.png

Gave Tim Drake Robin BvS Superman's hair (since the nice preppy hair they give him bothers me, his hair is generally tossled in the comics, and a side benefit is it makes him look that little bit shorter than Batman and Nightwing) and Mr. Incredible's legs, and gave Nightwing two electric blue (or whatever color it is) arms.

Any chance that anyone who has that Damian Robin and Wyldsyde like the one that comes in Lego Dimensions (hood down, not up) could slip that hoodie piece onto Damian Robin with his hair attached too? I wanna see how that black hoodie with the little yellow triangle looks - I know that's supposed to be yellow Lego "skin", but I wanna see how it looks as possibly being part of his cape before I track a Wyldsyde down lol - thanks in advance!

Edited by retrotaco