24438829201_e0e1319d98.jpg

A fun free-build to take advantage of the free property license!

24495001006_5beb04cd8f.jpg

Down in Weelond, reapers are just starting to get to work on this years crop. Many of the reapers are young whippersnappers who came over hoping to get rich quick but are now realizing that life in the New World isn't all it cracked up to be!

23894382773_64ca694df9.jpg

23894390763_cee1f0192d.jpg

24495026116_c817b08ace.jpg

C&C welcome! Thank you for looking! :pir-sweet:

I like this for the simplicity of it. (It is a cornfield!) The build though is awesome and you did a great job making it look like it was actual corn. Though I didn't know they used scythes to harvest it.

Neat little build! I love how you made the corn stalks. But I think those reapers with their scythes have mistaken it for a sugar cane field!pir_laugh2.gif

Nice one! And you made all those corn plants differently! I prefer the ones with the yellow round 1x1 brick to be honest :P And that purple! I like it really much! Brings psychedelia to the MOC :))))

Corn/maize is difficult in Lego but this is pretty good. I like the variety of the plants - it has a very uneven appearance, just like all the old non-hybrid types. I'm not entirely sold on yellow though - both the tassel and ear shuck tend to be a tan or light brown as the plants mature and dry down before harvest. But it's still a good scene and the minifigs are nice. One question: are they going to eat it or bottle it?

Very nice crop and reapers Kai, and the purple and black base looks great here as well! pirate_wink.gif

Nice crops!

Thanks Titus!

I like this for the simplicity of it. (It is a cornfield!) The build though is awesome and you did a great job making it look like it was actual corn. Though I didn't know they used scythes to harvest it.

Thank you! I didn't know either. Scythes are cool. pirate_laugh2.gif

Neat little build! I love how you made the corn stalks. But I think those reapers with their scythes have mistaken it for a sugar cane field!pir_laugh2.gif

Thank you! Yes, scythes may be rather unreasonable, now that I think of it!

Good idea and well executed with suitable figs :classic:

Thanks Gideon!

Nice one! And you made all those corn plants differently! I prefer the ones with the yellow round 1x1 brick to be honest :P And that purple! I like it really much! Brings psychedelia to the MOC :))))

Thank you! In retrospect I actually thought I should have gone with some color other than purple... but I'm glad you like it!

Great crops! :thumbup:

Thanks Graham!

Corn/maize is difficult in Lego but this is pretty good. I like the variety of the plants - it has a very uneven appearance, just like all the old non-hybrid types. I'm not entirely sold on yellow though - both the tassel and ear shuck tend to be a tan or light brown as the plants mature and dry down before harvest. But it's still a good scene and the minifigs are nice. One question: are they going to eat it or bottle it?

Thank you! Hmm... Tan totally did not even occur to me - but I'll keep it in mind should I ever do a cornfield again!

Very nice crop and reapers Kai, and the purple and black base looks great here as well! pirate_wink.gif

Thanks Garmadon!

Looks great!

Thank you!

Lovely cornfield, Kai - I like the denseness of it, and I kind of like the use of yellow. While it may not be the most realistic colour, it adds a lovely classical lego feel to it! pirate_blush.gif

However, I have never seen a scythe used like that - typically (and more safely) it is used along the ground. For use like this, I would suggest a sickle instead. This looks rather dangerous! pir_laugh2.gif

Lovely cornfield, Kai - I like the denseness of it, and I kind of like the use of yellow. While it may not be the most realistic colour, it adds a lovely classical lego feel to it! pirate_blush.gif

However, I have never seen a scythe used like that - typically (and more safely) it is used along the ground. For use like this, I would suggest a sickle instead. This looks rather dangerous! pir_laugh2.gif

Thanks Bregir! You are probably right about the scythe. But if I had stuck it along the ground you would hardly have seen it! pirate_laugh2.gif Besides, we're just starting a settlement and probably don't have the pick of tools! pirate_laugh_new.gif