Sign in to follow this  
SarahJoy

To the Ax with the Tax! Part 7 - A Minute to Think

Previously: Part 6 - New Loyalties

As Malek walks along the Kaliphlin coast, he looks around. It's been a while -- since before the war -- since he's been truly alone, without soldiers, without refugees, without the ugliness of war and its aftermath. Feeling the glorious Kaliphlin sun beating down on him, he takes another quick look around, then strips down to his bandages to enjoy the warmth on his ancient desiccated bones. Pulling a bottle of pine resin the Murphys had thoughtfully packed in his bag, he takes a swig, savoring the preservative soaking him from the inside.

24406844612_640a3bcf1c_z.jpg

Malek couldn't stop thinking about his last encounter with his old Desert King friend. Malek had always considered himself a good and loyal servant of the Desert King, but somehow, he had found himself attacked by his own people, and defended by those he once considered enemies. The Kaliphlin people, High Council loyalists, had repeatedly shown more compassion and integrity than the Desert King. While it shocked Malek that, in the heat of the moment, he had actually uttered the words, "My loyalty is to the rightful rulers of Kaliphlin!", it somehow felt like the right thing to do. He had a lot of thinking to do, Malek thought, warm and drowsy in the warm heat of the sun.

23886939904_7de43bd32d_z.jpg

---------------

Notes: This build was inspired by the coastal dunes of South Texas, like those near Corpus Christi and Padre Island. The base consists of old Belville light yellow pieces. The tan and "medium tan" grasses are from Altbricks.

I'd like to claim UoP credit for:

• Anthropology: Countryside Scene
  • Landscape Design: Sand Dunes

As always, comments and constructive criticism are very welcome!

The light yellow base works perfectly well with the tan and gives this build a great atmosphere! Good work on the story too! :thumbup:

UoP +1!

Excellent build, really nice color-scheme, and the terrain is superb as well! :classic: Looks like quite a relaxing place - if you can stand the Kaliphlin sun's heat! :laugh:

I didn't even see that were Belville baseplates! Nice vegetation too

Good use of these Belville baseplates !

And good development of the story. I can understand Malek's position...

Great story, and great collab builds you are making for the rightful rulers of Kaliphlin !

Nice use of the Belville pieces. As a fellow Texan, I can say you've achieved the barrier island effect.

Superb use of texture and color to create very realistic dunes :thumbup: Those old belville bricks make a great base :classic:

Very nice landscaping, the light yellow base works surprisingly well together with the tan!

UoP +1

Great use of the Bellville basebricks and grasses. I like how colourful It looks, while It's almost in one single colour.

Thank you! :classic:

UoP DoH +1 for both credits.

Thanks for the +1s!

Very nice!! Can't wait to see where the story goes!! :classic:

Thank you!

The light yellow base works perfectly well with the tan and gives this build a great atmosphere! Good work on the story too! :thumbup:

UoP +1!

Thanks Kai! :classic:

Excellent build, really nice color-scheme, and the terrain is superb as well! :classic: Looks like quite a relaxing place - if you can stand the Kaliphlin sun's heat! :laugh:

:laugh: Thanks! I'll take the sun over snow any day!

I really like this! The belville bases work well!

Thank you, Lord Vlad!

I didn't even see that were Belville baseplates! Nice vegetation too

Thanks!

Good use of these Belville baseplates !

And good development of the story. I can understand Malek's position...

Great story, and great collab builds you are making for the rightful rulers of Kaliphlin !

Thank you! May the High Council prevail!

Nice use of the Belville pieces. As a fellow Texan, I can say you've achieved the barrier island effect.

Yay! Thank you -- it's a very specific mood, and I'm glad it came through in the build.

Superb use of texture and color to create very realistic dunes :thumbup: Those old belville bricks make a great base :classic:

:blush: Thanks soccerkid!

That's quite a bit of AltBrick's grass. Awesome scene!

Haha yeah I think I used most of the tan grasses I have. Thanks!

The grass looks amazing with those colors. Great call on the weird yellow too! :thumbup:

Thank you! I wish I could take credit for the weird yellow -- someone told me, when I was just starting out, to keep my eyes open for the old light yellow to use with the tan.

Very nice landscaping, the light yellow base works surprisingly well together with the tan!

UoP +1

Thanks Gideon! I'm still working on stockpiling light yellow bricks for other builds. :classic: