Sign in to follow this  
The Steward

Merchants robbed (Nocturnus Freebuild)

Okay this is another free build, I've made, my second actually, so I hope you all like it! Here it is:

:classic:

Deep in the swamplands of Nocturnus, was a treehouse built from two trees. The treehouse over looked small road used only by a few merchants who wished to shave time off their trade route.

Inside were two croc warriors.

2277366-o_1a9gut7bn181l12c4mma1aoe1crbm-thumbnail.JPG

Suddenly running up the road was a third croc warrior. He ran over to the tree house and scrambled up the ladder.

2277363-o_1a9gus108pet1346q082gpiasd-thumbnail.JPG

“What is it?” Demanded the leader of the croc warriors.

“A merchant wagon is coming! Two guards! They’ll be here ANY minute!”

“Finally! Get to your posts!” barked the leader.

2277369-o_1a9guvjmedaq178j1a5j6stj9v-thumbnail.JPG

The other two warriors scrambled down the ladder and concealed themselves in the swamp.

The crocs watched silently as the wagon came nearer.

2277372-o_1a9gv0cok1kpa15m2kv24mms818-thumbnail.JPG

2277375-o_1a9gv0fim1ikh2i5vr1h401m3o1c-thumbnail.JPG

Just as it passed the tree house the leader croc dropped a log held by who chains, it swung through the hole in the tree house floor and slammed into the wagon knocking it and the guard walking next to it into the swamp.

2277378-o_1a9gv24n718bl1jvo17r8ril1kj11q-thumbnail.JPG

The crocs in the swamp leapt out and attacked!

2277381-o_1a9gv3gmg1phctud1hr911gj18623-thumbnail.JPG

2277384-o_1a9gv3ini3om19cof4lc71ak627-thumbnail.JPG

The leader scrambled down the ladder and attacked the last guard, quickly killing him. Soon all the merchants were dead, and the crocs set about looting the half submerged wagon.

2277387-o_1a9gv4rt71ldh1b4oek811fb8s22l-thumbnail.JPG

Okay that's it hope you all liked it! Please feel free to leave any compliments and/or criticism. :sweet:

Edited by The Steward

Looks great, you are improving quickly! The best part is the pathway and the submerged wagon

Good work ! I like the wagon you made.

Be careful with the photography, though, it's a bit dark IMO, so we don't understand where the assailants are hidden at the first sight.

Just adding a little more light above the build would be great. It has not to be a very strong or professional light.

For my part, I am using a little office light of 50W plus natural lighting if it's sunny day or simply use my dinner room's lights (so it makes 2 other spots) and I have quite good results.

Sure it's not pro quality but it's fine. I've made all my BoBS photos with that set up and I find they are good like that.

Good build, brick on !

Good work ! I like the wagon you made.

Be careful with the photography, though, it's a bit dark IMO, so we don't understand where the assailants are hidden at the first sight.

Just adding a little more light above the build would be great. It has not to be a very strong or professional light.

For my part, I am using a little office light of 50W plus natural lighting if it's sunny day or simply use my dinner room's lights (so it makes 2 other spots) and I have quite good results.

Sure it's not pro quality but it's fine. I've made all my BoBS photos with that set up and I find they are good like that.

Good build, brick on !

Thanks for the advice! I'll take that into consideration. :classic:

Nice work with the submerged wagon!

Thanks!

Looks great, you are improving quickly! The best part is the pathway and the submerged wagon

Thank you! :classic:

Cool treehouses and it seems they have become quite skilled at ambushes :thumbup: Nice fig combos as well.

A white background, or other neutral color, would help us see all the details :classic:

Cool treehouses and it seems they have become quite skilled at ambushes :thumbup: Nice fig combos as well.

A white background, or other neutral color, would help us see all the details :classic:

Okay, thanks! :grin: I do have a back drop I built of white paper and card board, but after moving, it seemed to end up under a ton of boxes... and I just haven't found the will to get it out from under the pile. :tongue: