Sign in to follow this  
SarahJoy

To the Ax with the Tax! Part 5 - The Last Place You'd Look

Previously: Part 4 - A Dangerous Twist

When The Lady brought Malek to the Murphy house, the mummy eyed the mercenary couple dubiously. With their rough leather clothing and shaved heads, the Murphys looked rather disreputable. Hell, Mrs. Murphy even had an eye-patch!

"Don't worry, Malek, they're smarter and nicer than they look, but just as tough. The Murphys will keep you safe. They're some of Kaliphlin's finest."

-----

"What's the meaning of this? How dare you break into my home with swords drawn?" Murphy shouted.

"Where's the traitor?!? We know he's hiding here!" The Desert King guard responded.

"What traitor? Hiding where? Are you kidding me? Do you see this place? Where do you think we could possibly be hiding anyone?"

The mummy guards harrumph, clearly disconcerted. "We had good intelligence he was here. Well . . . " They quietly left.

24506266535_471028cda9_z.jpg

A few minutes later . . .

"The coast is clear, Malek! Let me give you a hand."

24397981962_7319543430_z.jpg

Malek shivered. "That was the worst, coldest, dampest place I can remember! And this is a DRY well!"

"Yeah, sorry 'bout that," said Murphy. "But no one would look for a mummy in the old well! C'mon, the wife has a bottle of pine resin the warm you up."

"Oh! How thoughful! Y'all have been so kind to me!"

------

I'd like to claim UoP credit for Architecture: Wall Techniques: 1x1 Round Plate Walls.

Comments and constructive criticism are always welcome!

Edited by SarahJoy

That second pic is awesome! Love how you built the house!

Curious about the lack of hair on the figs though???

Wow, that wall is great! Perfect hiding spot too! I'm with Mike S about the hairless figs, but other than that this is an excellent build! :thumbup:

Very nice! Love the ground and the house walls!! :classic:

Thanks!

lovely sandstone!

Thank you!

Those walls are brilliant!

Thanks Lord Vlad!

Awesome job! I need to get some of that olive green grass...

Thank you!

That second pic is awesome! Love how you built the house!

Curious about the lack of hair on the figs though???

Wow, that wall is great! Perfect hiding spot too! I'm with Mike S about the hairless figs, but other than that this is an excellent build! :thumbup:

Thanks y'all! The Murphys are have been part of my GoH head-canon and bald for some time now, but I forgot to include any of their story here. I'll add a quick intro paragraph.

UoP DoH +1

Thanks for the +1!

This is a very cool build here, I really like the look of the house. But, I think the feature you added to "pull back" and see what's happening inside makes it even better!

So impressed by that wall the UoP credit totally slipped my mind... +1!

Gorgeous building, great combination of two different wall styles :thumbup: The furniture inside is pretty clever, especially the table and chairs.

Excellent irregular base and desert landscape outside too :classic:

Very nice landscaping and building!

UoP +1 for those walls (although I like the highly detailed non-round plate parts much better :wink:)

What a lovely wall-technique!

Thank you!

This is a very cool build here, I really like the look of the house. But, I think the feature you added to "pull back" and see what's happening inside makes it even better!

Thanks, Kayne! Not sure what you mean about the "pull back" feature -- I only built two walls, so that it would be easy to photograph the interior.

So impressed by that wall the UoP credit totally slipped my mind... +1!

:blush: Thanks for the +1!

Gorgeous building, great combination of two different wall styles :thumbup: The furniture inside is pretty clever, especially the table and chairs.

Excellent irregular base and desert landscape outside too :classic:

Thank you! Actually, I'm pretty sure I borrowed the chair design from one of your old builds. :laugh:

That cracked wall effect is great and the architecture is top notch.

Thanks, Blufiji!

Very nice landscaping and building!

UoP +1 for those walls (although I like the highly detailed non-round plate parts much better :wink:)

Thank you! I think I agree with you, but . . . gotta get that UoP credit! This was the only way I could think of mixing things up a bit.

Excellent build! The wall design is quite clever and I like the well :thumbup: Great story too :classic:

+1 for the UoP credit.

Edited by LittleJohn