Silent Nomad

24 Karat Gold Mask Stand

When Lego sent out the 24 karat gold mask prizes, they sent brick built stands with them, for ease of display. The recipient of the 24 karat gold mask of earth (not me) uploaded a video on youtube of how to make that stand. After I found it, I ordered the pieces for three of them (I've only received the pieces for two so far), as well as some other pieces so I could make some alterations to the original design.

(I don't know how to embed it, but I'd like to), but just so you know, two of the steps are out of order somewhere in the middle, where it shows one step with a half bush, and the next step doesn't have it. The alterations I made are that I put a 2x2 round plate under each grated parabola that matches the color of that parabola (to stop them from spinning), and I put a pin (mine were friction, but I'm not sure that matters) in the spot where the mask attaches in order to make that hole smaller, which makes the mask very unlikely to tilt down on the stand. An added advantage to the 2x2 round plates is that the bottoms of them meet when they're put on the stand, so it reduces the pressure applied to the parabolas during construction.

We may not all have been able to get the 24 karat gold masks, but now we can use the stands they came with.

I was just thinking about recreating one of those stands, but probably for the Mask of Control. Good to see the "official" rendition.