Sign in to follow this  
TalonCard

Examiner LEGO Pirate article with cool box artwork...

Hi all,

Apologies if this was brought up while I was lurking, but there's a rather thorough Pirate article from a couple of months ago up on Examiner.com... It's a pretty impressive collection of information, but the biggest thing for me was pictures provided by LEGO--there's a lot of box artwork without the borders, logos, and text. It's a pretty nifty new look at some images I've had burned into my brain for years.

9e6307efaf065acbfbff493e2b15b1b5.jpg?itok=qkl54xWk

TC

The article is pretty good and there are some good pics - but those ads were annoying. I'd like to see an article about the catalog dioramas; those were always beautiful. (Yes, I've seen the pics here on EB...) It's hard to believe the Armada sets are 20 years old already.

- but those ads were annoying.

My ad blocker blocked 28 ads on that site.

Thanks for sharing. I am not running an ad blocker software but I see a black screen with "advertisement" between pictures.

That's an interesting article. Reminds you just how groundbreaking the classic Pirates were - the first to introduce firearms, different faces, a comic book...

c8fa4886343e19f2a2f52afeb21306a5.jpg

Now, that's an official image of the classic Pirates I've never seen! And I thought I'd seen them all. pir_laugh2.gif