This weekend we displayed a few MOCS as a family at Brickfair Alabama. We started building lego about 18 months ago and this was our third event. Primarily we have exhibited Star Wars Mocs that my young son and I worked on. As my daughter, who is now 6 has got more interested it has led me to build things that she enjoys both playing with and showing at events.

So here we have our first effort at a fairytale world, I was inspired by some images that I have seen on here of a Rapunzel tower and Mermaid scene that were great. I knew I wanted a tower that looked like the images of Rapunzels tower online and I also knew that I wanted my ocean to be under the world we built. We custom painted our own Alice and Snow White and Dopey figiures and some of the dwarf's hats which was a fun experience.

I hope that you enjoyed, we plan on a very large expansion on this in the months to come.

Thanks for looking.

24438348876_e72c80a8eb_h.jpgFairytale world for my daughter by Martin Harris, on Flickr

24438348476_a2fefbc03f_h.jpgFairytale world for my daughter by Martin Harris, on Flickr

24168945990_b85aec26a3_h.jpgFairytale world for my daughter by Martin Harris, on Flickr

24464548515_b91d91c814_h.jpgFairytale world for my daughter by Martin Harris, on Flickr

24096750749_da18337025_h.jpgFairytale world for my daughter by Martin Harris, on Flickr

24168945080_51889eb59c_h.jpgFairytale world for my daughter by Martin Harris, on Flickr

24356235702_9959b0d257_h.jpgFairytale world for my daughter by Martin Harris, on Flickr

24438348236_8d0d229ad8_h.jpgFairytale world for my daughter by Martin Harris, on Flickr

24168945220_90bf24bb66_h.jpgFairytale world for my daughter by Martin Harris, on Flickr

23837739513_fbbf2baae6_h.jpgFairytale world for my daughter by Martin Harris, on Flickr

Very cool moc.

Looks great with the tower and all those 'scenes' like the dwarfs, the mermaids and everything.

Guess it's a nice and cosy picknick they have there :classic:

This is such a beautiful and rich fantasy Moc you have built. :grin_wub: (One of the bests I have seen in a long time). You've have really packed a lot of fairy tales and details within, without making it look too cluttered. I love the depth and scale you've built to, especially with that hidden mine filled with dwarfs. The Mad Hatter's Tea Party scene is a great one to see too.

Awesome MOC! Love the underwater scene, so detailed. You should check out my post about redoing the Cinderella's Castle set. I would love your input.

thats awesome! i love the madhatters tea party, the colors of the waterfall and all the little details. for being unofficial, snow white looks amazing. your attention to detail is good to see. well done

Lovely build, really like Rapunzels tower and the scene's from the Little Mermaid, Brother Bear (or is it Brave) and the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

Very neat. A lot of little details that are fun.

I've been wanting to build my own large/tall Rapunzel tower too for my daughter, but I just never have time or money to do it. This is neat how it encapsulates a lot of other stores also.

My only suggestion would be to add some sort of blue across the top of the mermaid section to make it appear like it is 100% under water instead of just a cliff and cave. Yes, the lighting won't be as good, but it would appear more watery.

My only suggestion would be to add some sort of blue across the top of the mermaid section to make it appear like it is 100% under water instead of just a cliff and cave. Yes, the lighting won't be as good, but it would appear more watery.

Thanks, I think that's a good suggestion, one I struggled with. You nailed it with 'lighting' being the main reason it is open, however a simple solution would be to hook up lights down there (simple I say but I am rubbish with lights).

The other reason for leaving it semi open- 50 is covered 50 is open is to do with the flow of the view when looking at it. It's hard to explain but I like my designs like this to have a flow that naturally leads you to look at the next thing In the field of vision.

It's funny because when I was showing my wife what I had built, I told her how I thought people would view the moc, which is the reason why it is angled on the corner of the table. I predicted most people wouldn't actually notice Rapunzels tower until last, which was the case.

The only other reason for leaving it partly open, still has to do with the vision flow, is by having it like that, children were able to see further up and back. I build my MOC's like this ( I have only built two other large ones an Emdor scene and Hoth scene) to be viewed at from a child's angle. That view will be the most impressive. In my images I shared, the first is what most adults saw, the second is the perspective from a child's view, which is far more impressive.

Thanks so much for your comments and thoughts.

Wow looks amazing! Lots of fun :)

Thank you. I intend to branch out a be more and incorporate some of the new Disney cmf