This is my fifth freebuild this moth. If you're not Eslandolan and consider it worthy, please approve.

While his love was out exploring, Lord Matteus Tomvaximus, master of the MAESTRO Trade Company, was very busy with serious things: he had a settlement to establish. And now MAESTRO finally got a charter from the King, blessed is his name, were the traders and adventures streaming in. To protect all this, one needs a mighty fortress. And let building fortresses concidently be the speciality of his wife! Altough she had to leave very quickly, she had still managed to design the first stage of the defenses. That was a small tower at the cities side of the bay. And even though it was small now, Lord Matteus expected it to become the city's maior protection.

23835057473_948f9a489e_z.jpg

Of course, every fort needs a name. A name of a female, that is common known. And, as Lord Matteus thought, wich name would be better suited then the name of the architect? Concidentally also the name of his beloved? What he forget for a moment, was that Elysabeth didn't like these things. He should have know, after the 3-day razo she was in when she discovezred he had called a settlement after her.

24166258140_eb6bb77e60_z.jpg

23833643784_515f432422_z.jpg

24379415451_2d2b1170b2_z.jpg

24435648536_b887dc9141_z.jpg

23833642174_845977049b_z.jpg

23833641864_c00dabf582_z.jpg

-----------------

Waw, designing a fort on a 16x16 base was a real pain in the megablocks! Thank you all for the kind comments on the previous MOCs! (@Blackdeathgr: thank you for loving my rocks, here you got some more of them!)

Lovely fort Titus, certainly my favorite of you pirate builds yet! pirate_satisfied.gif Great use of that wall technique, and you rock-work has been improving a lot as well! pirate_wink.gif The door and cut-away back are very nice as well, and the flag doesn't look bad either - if it is that of a rival company! pir_laugh2.gif Approved!

That is a nice build ! Of course a 16x16 fort is hard to design ! You did it very well !

You have once again improved in your rock work ! Great job !

Lovely rounded tower, Titus! I agree, 16x16 is a very small space, but you could have made a 20*12, for instance. That might give you more flexibility. pirate_blush.gif

I think this makes sense as a tier 1 fortress, but for larger fortresses, I would definitely suggest guns and a lot sturdier structure, as cannonfire will swiftly demolish a small tower like this! pir_laugh2.gif

Good work with stonework, curvature and inside details.

I approve. pirate_laugh2.gif

Why can't i make suck rocks by the love of God!?!?!?! Nice little t1 fort :) And the flag is awesome. It needs darker printing though as black got "bleached" and looks gray. I wonder how far can MAESTRO's settlement reach :)

+1 from Oleon

Very nice fort - would have been nice to see it a little taller but you we're probably nearing the end of your pieces! The cutaway at the back is great! :thumbup:

Excellent tower! (I hesitate to call it a true fort but I understand the rules situation...) The wall technique is beautiful and the rocky base looks nice. Unfortunately it's almost solid grey - perhaps a different color here or there would improve the overall look. A cannon up top would really enhance the effectiveness both in terms of scale and reality - making it something like a Martello Tower which definitely would qualify as a fortress-type structure. But those are minor concerns and this looks pretty good overall.

Good work and I approve.

That is really a great tower and it's really a shame you only have so few pieces. Next BMA we'll get us some PaB cups and moc together, that's for sure!!

However, don't you think that a stone structure isn't a bit too much for a place that is just being hammered into the jungle? I'm sure I would have gone for something more temporary at this point to depict ET's first structure.

It has already been mentioned but the curvature of the fort is well executed. I also like how you worked the door into the wall. It will look forward to seeing more fortifications at some point. Now I need to go buy some more gray bricks...

Great job making both the outside and the inside look good despite the round shape!

:thumbup: