UPDATE: Age of Sigmar Rules for Gargoyles

UPDATE: NEW KING, NEW CATHEDRAS, NEW GROUP SHOT

Gargoyle

How do you break a heart of stone? How can you pierce a marble skin? Can you feel the cold grip of granite already?

Ever so grumpy about their flightless existence, these winged statues enjoy stabbing and squeezing and strangling and trampling everything with a heartbeat. As they do not make a difference between bloodfilled races, gargoyles make loyal minions if they can be invited to join yet another raid on life itself.

23832397924_bb2b051c3f_c.jpgGargoyle front by MWardancer, auf Flickr

24460615845_b952173a0a_c.jpgGargoyle top by MWardancer, auf Flickr

24352299692_5f818bec13_c.jpgGargoyle back by MWardancer, auf Flickr

Customizing techniques:

- Petrifying the Wings: Brickwarriors wings do not come in gray, so I needed to paint them.

- You know the drill: As I could not find any satisfactory method to attach the wings, I drilled holes into the torso and put hands in.

This was an obvious thing to do since the gargoyle kid came out. Painting moveable areas is always painful, the wings cannot move any more now.

Edited by Wardancer

Finally, an adult gargoyle! The wings look nice. It's ok that they can't move, it is a statue after all :wink:. Slough one critique I have is that the legs and shield look kind of plain compared to the torso and head, but I'm sure it's difficult to find good statue pieces.

You are raising good points. Maybe I could find some emblem for the shield. Legs would be very difficult. I have 7 gargoyles which will be grown up soon, at least their leader will have a better shield.

Very nice!

It's a shame BW wings don't come in light bley (or whatever the gargoyle's colour is). You've done a great job painting the wings, but apart from fleshy elf ears, I don't recolour parts.

Thanks. I do a lot of recoloring, but I don't like painting big parts either. It's messy and you never know how the result will be. It would be much easier if the wings came in gray. BW should make gargoyle conversion kit.

For the one without armor, why not use this piece and 1x1 with top clip?

I tried, but it puts quite a distance between the wings and the body, which looks a bit detached. Also I was unable to get 7 of these, as I would need for the whole regiment.

Those Gargoyles are great! :O

Oh and this is the Lava Monster shield from Nexo Knights someone mentioned: http://brickset.com/parts/6135542

Thanks! I was not aware of this shield. It has this rocky appeal which might fit gargoyles well.

Great use of that armor. What did you use to paint it? It works really well.

Thank you. It is a mixture of two Revell paints (a brand for model aiplanes etc.), described here: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=64353

Very easy to make.

Edited by Wardancer

24746686084_3ee2a86170_c.jpgAll the Gargoyles (better picture) by MWardancer, auf Flickr

Shaman King Kranitas

For reasons yet unknown, Shaman King Granitas has woken up after centuries of sleep. Waking up the tribe will be his first endeavor. Seeking new enemies his second.

25189813522_3184e37fcf_c.jpgShaman King Kranitas side by MWardancer, auf Flickr

25214941891_d8cb5c89f0_c.jpgShaman King Kranitas front by MWardancer, auf Flickr

24677437824_7e471926af_c.jpgGargoyle Leaders by MWardancer, auf Flickr

Cathedras

Cathedras is the headstone of the stoneheads. He likes smashing things.

25308059365_d14bc2e3dc_c.jpgCathedras side by MWardancer, auf Flickr

25281825346_76889ac010_c.jpgCathedras front by MWardancer, auf Flickr

24677439164_7b0d2faa22_c.jpgCathedras back by MWardancer, auf Flickr

Edited by Wardancer

They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, so I hope that this gargoyle will be taken as a compliment:

gargoyle.jpg

Edited by AmperZand

ha! Good one. If you imitate me, I shall indeed take this as a compliment. But often one and the same idea emerges in more than one place. Who can say whose idea was first... What are the hands you use? Crab? I dont recognize your wings?!

Edited by Wardancer

I wish it were a case of coincidental creativity, but it isn't. I was inspired by your gargoyle, so all credit to you for the idea. :thumbup:

I couldn't find wings in light bley, so I had to make do with dark bley ones. At least they match the minifig's print colour. The wings, back brace/clips (which you can hardly see in the picture) and claws are all Kre-o.

I wish it were a case of coincidental creativity, but it isn't. I was inspired by your gargoyle, so all credit to you for the idea. :thumbup:

I couldn't find wings in light bley, so I had to make do with dark bley ones. At least they match the minifig's print colour. The wings, back brace/clips (which you can hardly see in the picture) and claws are all Kre-o.

I like the way your picture turned out. The wings remind me of old steel roofs or something. Maybe I need to have an eye on Kreo as well.

Small update: I took a better picture of the whole group and exchanged it in my post above.

I painted the horns black. Looks good, sorry no pix. I'm new still figurin' things out.