Hi Lego enthusiasts,

I recently noticed that the seagull from the collectible minifigure series 10 (Sea Captain) does not have the Lego logo mark on it. Is it because it's a soft piece?

I think other Lego animals like goats do not have a Lego mark either, if I'm not mistaken. However, this is a hard piece.

Is it possible to make a list with (modern) Lego pieces that do not have the Lego logo on them? It would help alot to see if a piece is not really Lego and therefore fake/counterfeit or not. The reason for why the logo is missing, remains unclear to me.

It can be dangerous because you often see Chinese BrickLink stores (a country known for its factory facilities) with a massive amount of pieces you would assume are rare or hard to get.

No Lego logo on piece

- Seagull (col min series 10)

Thanks a lot

R.

Edited by Retroshift

The seagull has a Lego mark on the bottom, inside the part that connects with studs. It's very small but it's there. The goat has a Lego mark inside the stud on it's back. The first one I've checked was a bit faded and hard to see but a second one was clear enough.

Apples!!!

Oh man ! You are right ! Apples don't have the Lego logo ! I just check it atm I read this post but did not find the logo...

Fortunately bananas have it. Phew !

The ser.10 seagull was available from BAM tubs in LEGO stores for a limited time at the beginning of last year which means it could probably be bought in bulk if you were resourceful enough, especially in China.

I realize I strayed off topic, but just in case you were worried about that particular piece.

I know TLG had an issue about embossing the mark on 1x1 round plates with hole in the middle which were apparently limited for board games because of this, but are now available in regular sets even though they don't have the mark. TLG has lightened their inside rules for a lot of things.

Is it possible to make a list with (modern) Lego pieces that do not have the Lego logo on them? It would help alot to see if a piece is not really Lego and therefore fake/counterfeit or not.

Various Technic parts - particularly beams, axles and pegs. Stuff like this seems to be the newest target for knockoff sets.

The reason for why the logo is missing, remains unclear to me.

I imagine it's a result of having limited space to add the logo, since these are pieces that rely on having large contact areas, a random raised logo could be a source of friction.

1x1 round with hollow stud

Large hoses from Life on Mars and Mars Mission

Zamor spheres (maybe also soccer and basketballs)

From memory, quite a few minifig-scale weapons lack a mark. Some do have a logo like this halberd http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=6123#T=S&O={} but others like the katana don't.

I think that minifig heads that are hollow all the way through lack a logo as do many window glass and other transparent pieces.

Also, fabric parts lack a LEGO logo though that probably goes without saying.

Apples!!!

It's on the leaf.

The zamor spheres have a Lego logo on the bottom. It can be very hard to see though.

They have 'Lego' on the inside.

Zamor spheres (maybe also soccer and basketballs)

The zamor spheres have 'Lego' on the bottom. It can be very hard to see though.

From memory, quite a few minifig-scale weapons lack a mark. Some do have a logo like this halberd http://alpha.brickli...P=6123#T=S&O={} but others like the katana don't.

I checked a few katana's but they all had 'Lego' on them.

as do many window glass and other transparent pieces.

I checked different kinds of window glass but they all had 'Lego' on them. The only transparent part that I haven't found 'Lego' on is #T=C"]this part. I only checked a few transparent pieces though.

Also, fabric parts lack a LEGO logo though that probably goes without saying.

I haven't seen them on minifig related fabrics. Other fabrics have either © Lego (sometimes with more text), only '©' or nothing on them.

I just checked my seagulls, and they have LEGO on the outside of the antistud and part number and design id on the inside.

~~~HAIR PIECES~~~

Im facing some problems with the lego mark on hair pieces.

Ive even orderer hair pieces from lego.com and still they didnt present the lego mark (namely the blonde spiked hair) http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/xP4AAOSw6n5XvGuX/s-l225.jpg

Here are some examples of hair pieces that I have and I know they are genuine pieces but they do not present the logo. The problems comes when one tries to sell those parts and the buyer thinks that those are fake hair pieces, which happened to me, since I'm a seller.

Maybe molds from different periods may have the mark, while modern ones don´t. Could someone please provide a substantial answer for that?

Some examples I found on my hair pieces A) Number "5" mark (harry potter's hair) B) Number "9" mark (dock ock's hair) C) Letter "C" mark

Again, please someone help asap.

Edited by der-vogel

4 hours ago, der-vogel said:

~~~HAIR PIECES~~~

Im facing some problems with the lego mark on hair pieces.

Again, please someone help asap.

You're right. I just checked about a dozen different hair pieces and found two different wigs that have no Lego mark but are absolutely genuine Lego, I believe one is from one of the Modular buildings, the other is a female ponytail wig in Dark Orange I believe. They both just have the letter C stamped in the middle of the head-connection like you mentioned, but another hair piece of the same mould style yet different color does say Lego, albeit very very tiny. 

Also the spiked hair piece you linked to comes with the CMF Hiker and one Minifigure from the Detective's Office, in Sand Yellow and Black respectively, they both have the Lego mark but in different places, another example of the same mould style but color-dependent Lego marking. That's all I got. 

19 hours ago, koalayummies said:

You're right. I just checked about a dozen different hair pieces and found two different wigs that have no Lego mark but are absolutely genuine Lego, I believe one is from one of the Modular buildings, the other is a female ponytail wig in Dark Orange I believe. They both just have the letter C stamped in the middle of the head-connection like you mentioned, but another hair piece of the same mould style yet different color does say Lego, albeit very very tiny. 

Also the spiked hair piece you linked to comes with the CMF Hiker and one Minifigure from the Detective's Office, in Sand Yellow and Black respectively, they both have the Lego mark but in different places, another example of the same mould style but color-dependent Lego marking. That's all I got. 

Thank you. Please more people should share their experience too.

35 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

Does that little piece you have to click into a stud shooter have it?

Yes it does. It is in the groove on one side. 

As for other pieces without the LEGO mark. I found the T tube connector and the helmet visors and/or goggles without the mark. 

On 1/19/2016 at 9:01 AM, AmperZand said:

From memory, quite a few minifig-scale weapons lack a mark. Some do have a logo like this halberd http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=6123#T=S&O={} but others like the katana don't.

I double checked the katana and the newer version have the LEGO mark on the blade. 

What really kills it are the different molds. I, as a seller, frequently face problems with genuine lego parts that only show the "C" and not the "LEGO" inscription. Buyers do not understand that non "LEGO" inscription pieces are genuine also.

Edited by der-vogel

Hi everyone! Didn't really want to start a new topic, so I'll ask it here, if you don't mind )

I just bought a lot of black 1x1 slopes (id54200) that actually don't have a lego logo underneath - there's just a (c) sign and nothing more (no even a part number). However some of them has everything I just wrote, so I just wonder do you think those with only (c) sign underneath are fakes?

Thank you guys in advance! 

FullSizeRender (12).jpg

Can't say for sure but I just checked a bunch of mine and they all have the c followed by the LEGO logo and then many numbers. Didn't see any without the logo and numbers, I can't possibly check them all and everything I have is from recent sets, less than four years. 

Mine seem to have LEGO logo inside. © symbol looks like using LEGO font. Recently have been dealing with some used slopes I got from BL, which could be from various years. What I found that some of these didn't have LEGO logo inside while other's did, despite all of them having logo on a stud. This still might be a legit piece.

Thank you guys, considering your answers and some older posts above - I'm willing to think they are legal :)

I wish we had some kind of thing like QR code on each piece so we never ever had questions about garbage from China :) 

C is copyright for lego. Check the old and new Star wars blasters, some have just the C and other just LEGO. We need to end this myth that only items with the lego logo are genuine. 90% of the buyers do believe that only the items with LEGO are genuine, which is non sense