Sign in to follow this  
Cecilie

[MOC] Urtican Wellness Center

After harsh battles, the polar warriors will retreat to this remote spa that offers a steamy sauna and a hot bath. Located near the coast it also offers the opportunity to have a cool swim after the sauna. The spa facility is guarded by elite polar warrior guards to make sure no Elken tribe warriors disturb this peaceful place.

24341246031_b125e550d2_c.jpg

Urtican spa by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

He may be a fearsome warrior, but wrapped in his towel, he's just a normal polar bear having a good time :grin:

24397492666_4da7f6f389_c.jpg

Going for a steam bath by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

Banzai!!

24315456582_237c9982c9.jpg

Cool me down! by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

The two elite guards, the siblings Erik Ursuson and Hildr Ursusdottir (and yes, sometimes they get to have a break and enjoy the spa as well :grin: )

23766018314_d153b46a89.jpg 24128111010_b04a63e1d8.jpg

Built for the Blitzzard contest. I had a lot of fun creating my own spin on the stronghold category. I wanted my polar bears to have something else to think about than war :wink:

I just love these polar bears so much :laugh:

One word awesomeness !! *oh2* *oh2* *huh*

That first picture is killing me. Best icy / water effect ive ever seen, those edges just works totally perfect !

Can i ask what colour schemes you used for the plates underneath the tiles ?

Also the hut is looking incredible.

I totally love this ! :wub:

One word awesomeness !! *oh2* *oh2* *huh*

That first picture is killing me. Best icy / water effect ive ever seen, those edges just works totally perfect !

Can i ask what colour schemes you used for the plates underneath the tiles ?

Also the hut is looking incredible.

I totally love this ! :wub:

Thank you :sweet:

The plates used for the water gradient are white, medium blue and blue, and all the tiles on top are trans light blue.

And you still don't understand why you got praises?? :sweet:

Very great job Cecilie :classic:

Wow, this is just awesome. Love the icy water!

Thank you :sweet:

The plates used for the water gradient are white, medium blue and blue, and all the tiles on top are trans light blue.

Thanks. I will have to use this concept in an upcoming MOC combining it with SoccerKids Ice edge effect. :classic:

This is totally brilliant! :grin: Great work, especially on the "naked" bears. I find those harder to make compared to the dressed ones. (Too bad I don't have the time to join the blitzzard again this year)

Thanks everyone, I'm happy you like it :sweet:

What is the bears skin made of? It doesn't look like Lego.

Looks like Duplo bearskins, can't look up the part number now, but it is LEGO.

Edit: Got it: http://alpha.brickli...78662#T=C&C=120

Yep, that's it.

Thanks. I will have to use this concept in an upcoming MOC combining it with SoccerKids Ice edge effect. :classic:

Looking forward to seeing it :sweet:

This is totally brilliant! :grin: Great work, especially on the "naked" bears. I find those harder to make compared to the dressed ones. (Too bad I don't have the time to join the blitzzard again this year)

Haha, thanks! I had so much fun with my "naked" bears :grin:. Too bad you couldn't enter this time. And thanks for the frontpage!

Awesome build! The unusual size of (mini?)figures makes it all the more interesting for me :classic:

By the way, how could you separate the polar bear head from the torso? I tried to do the same for horses, but it was impossible for me.

Edited by Sorrelon

Thank you everyone :sweet:

By the way, how could you separate the polar bear head from the torso? I tried to do the same for horses, but it was impossible for me.

Let's just say it's not for the faint of heart...

That is some freakishly good detailing! I love the way you did the water, snow, and lodge! Very nice work!