Sign in to follow this  
Electricsteam

Unfinished projects?

I know some of you guys have some unfinished projects sitting in your bins or in LDD and other brick building software.

If you can dig any out why not share it?

f0En9gJ.png?1

Weird steampunker a (lightrail?) bus-train hybrid. and the truck for a monorail.

here they are: for me unfinished means 'still in LDD'.

24464203305_009cce287f_c.jpgunfinished projects by RIZING!, on Flickr

Weird Egyptian? locomotive I build. failed to make it look like a real locomotive...

24464203185_081caa265e_c.jpgunfinished projects by RIZING!, on Flickr

Australian diesel locomotive. simply to lazy to redesign it...

24438004216_0cc622effa_c.jpgunfinished projects by RIZING!, on Flickr

cargo train. didn't know how to improve it so I gave up...

24438004026_8060ba7237_c.jpgunfinished projects by RIZING!, on Flickr

Dutch/Swiss Trans Europ Express

24381767961_54db57654d_c.jpgunfinished projects by RIZING!, on Flickr

steam locomotive. nothing more then garbage, also given up.

24168597320_b67882767b_c.jpgunfinished projects by RIZING!, on Flickr

Structon 'VideoSchouwTrein (rail maintance). Just didn't work.

23837394263_ce76413422_c.jpgunfinished projects by RIZING!, on Flickr

Japanese D51 steam locomotive. I gave up (again) because it looked terrible.

23835991324_93c0552818_c.jpgunfinished projects by RIZING!, on Flickr

German mallet (DRG class 96). too much detail to bring in a LEGO model. would be likely to never work.

24438003906_1426541995_c.jpgunfinished projects by RIZING!, on Flickr

NS 2400

24355890392_25ee7a4dc3_c.jpgunfinished projects by RIZING!, on Flickr

Probably a british tank locomotive. Same reason as other steam locomotives: looks terrible (my model at least)

23835991204_5b78139207_c.jpgunfinished projects by RIZING!, on Flickr

Vollert double locomotive (http://www.industriespoor.nl/EMO.htm) scroll down, the double locomotive was my basis. tweaked the whole design but the concept is the same.

23835991164_c08dbebaa3_c.jpgunfinished projects by RIZING!, on Flickr

Another steam locomotive (the unique color is so I can easily change colors so I can see what color looks best.

Well, those are my unfinished Projects. Feel free to ask for a LXF file. I still have all! (don't just make an account and let your first post be asking for a LXF)

Edited by THERIZE

The only unfinished projects I have are ones that I'm currently working on. If I got part way through a project and decided not to continue, I'd break it up for pieces.

I have many unfinished projects. Here most can be seen, at least train related.

Of these, the 1100 Class is the closest to finish:

ns_11113.png

I have some doubts about the round windows sticking out too much, but I guess I'll just let it this way.

The 1200 Class was even further, but when I tried in real life there was little space to secure the sloped vents, and the stiff Power Function cables pushed them out.

The brown train, a mail train, was completely redesigned and that new design is almost finished, only the various accessories and fittings at the bottom and top need to be added.

Edited by Rijkjavik

I don't think I have unfinished unless you count the finished projects that haven't got around to photographing and sharing. :wink:

Does anybody know how well a six wheel locomotive like the shunter ScotNick shows will take curves and switches (standard Lego PF-tracks)?

The 2 front wheels are probably hinged so they can move sideways.

Ok.

If you use these, I could make them move sideways: 55423c01.gif

But if I use these, as it looks like is on the picture of the shunter, isn't it hard to make them move sideways?: 2878c01.gif

Well there are several solutions to this problem.

For my shunter I made the axle swivel, but you could also make the motor wheelset rotate and have the first axle fixed, or make the first axle move sideways. These are the solutions I know of.

Edited by ScotNick

As I remember, with the old 12V motor you could use six wheels without problems.

But besides designs where you have to cut in tecnichs pieces to fit extra wheels between the ones already on a PF-motor, I haven't seen locomotives with six wheels. And I think with that solution that the wheels sit too close to each other.

I can see now that the shunter ScotNick shows has the third wheel pair on a separate boogie.

Hmmm I remember and older and much longer 6-wheeler had the two middle wheels slide.

I have some 6wheel bogeys on one of my trains. I use the standard wheels there. Works perfectly.

4114743907_835547b2a2_z.jpg?zz=1Bogie_Top by Aawsum MOCs Lego, on Flickr

Edited by aawsum

I'm using a similar technique on the 8 wheeled tender for my current project. It works a treat with the middle two wheelsets 'floating'.

24489157681_72fc992779_b.jpg

24489157691_e02da429c8_z.jpg

24489157701_8c82545db2_z.jpg

Edited by Redimus

5983983786_fe0c7cf9c9_b.jpg

This is an Amtrak Capitol Corridor coach I started about 5 years ago. It was disassembled long ago, but I'd still like to build an Amtrak train set one of these days.

How come you gave up on it? What you got up to looks really good.

Thanks! I think at the time I didn't have the parts to finish the car, and then I ended up disassembling a lot of builds when I had to move.

VQFZiu5.png?1

I had a crazy dream.... where I saw a swiss army knife of a train... It... uh.... moved a turntable from the bottom to move carts around.... it had the equipment for track repair on it. and was also a heavy mover.... It was a strange dream! here is... an attempt and the bit that ran the turntable