Mike S

[COR - FB1] Coyle Shipping Company

The log of Captain Aiden Coyle. January 17:

I am now in Arlinsport, Tiberia. I do not like it here. It is perpetually cold and damp. However as I need a base of operations for my shipping company, this will have to do for now. The Royal Society of Navigation and Discovery has been generous in its financial backing. It seems that they are quite interested in my ship the Sulky Harlequin which is now being outfitted for a voyage into the unknown. I have also been in contact with two Corrington gentlemen, Don Isaac Montoya and Sir Thomas Smaugton, both splendid chaps, and once the Sulky Harlequin is finished being outfitted, it looks like we will be going into business together. So I have purchased a small building here in Arlinsport to house my business and hired Councellor James Mulliner to handle the paperwork and legal matters. I am now returning to Belson to meet up with my wife and son. END OF ENTRY

24154964610_2e354a17d9_c.jpg

24368115511_c7503aba03_c.jpg

Amazing job with the age marks on the roof!!!

Good luck with the CSC! I am sure MAESTRO and CSC can work together in the future :)

Great use of different colored logs on that roof! The offset windows are also really nice! :thumbup:

I believe that is the first Corrington Shipping company to be established! pirate_blush.gif

I really like this house - as others have said, the different colours in the roof works really nice and those windows looks great. It has a simple design, without being boring. Perfect balance.

However, I think mr. Coyle or the councelor will need to visit an IKEA! pirate_laugh2.gif

The idea of telling the story in log entries is brilliant! pirate_satisfied.gif

It gives a nice insight into his thoughts (and I am happy he finds Montoya a gentleman and a splendid chap! pirate_laugh2.gif ) and can be kept in a suitably brief form without seeming superficial.

If you will not mind, I might steal that. Erhm... I mean... Take inspiration from that! pirate_tong.gif

Very nice! I dig those cobblestones!

Clever way to make the staircase! And I second the kudos for the cobblestones.

Lovely roof and cobblestones! Great job

Great looking house.

The roof and the baseplate is absolutely gorgeous !

Thanks!

Amazing job with the age marks on the roof!!!

Good luck with the CSC! I am sure MAESTRO and CSC can work together in the future :)

Thanks! CSC being a privately held company would gladly work with MAESTRO.

Great use of different colored logs on that roof! The offset windows are also really nice! :thumbup:

Thanks!

I believe that is the first Corrington Shipping company to be established! pirate_blush.gif

I really like this house - as others have said, the different colours in the roof works really nice and those windows looks great. It has a simple design, without being boring. Perfect balance.

The idea of telling the story in log entries is brilliant! pirate_satisfied.gif

It gives a nice insight into his thoughts (and I am happy he finds Montoya a gentleman and a splendid chap! pirate_laugh2.gif ) and can be kept in a suitably brief form without seeming superficial.

If you will not mind, I might steal that. Erhm... I mean... Take inspiration from that! pirate_tong.gif

Thanks! Yes, the log seemed the easiest way to convey the story. Steal away as I'm not the originator of this idea...pir_laugh2.gif

However, I think mr. Coyle or the councelor will need to visit an IKEA! pirate_laugh2.gif

Ah yes, I meant to make mention of that in the log but forgot. Anyway, someone needs to build a furniture factory so that I can buy some furniture....pirate_tong.gif

The Coyle Shipping Company has a fine building for its headquarters. That roof technique is in my opinion the best use of those palisade pieces, and I like the varying colors. Unfortunately I can't tell what color some of them are in that soft light! The overall shape is nice from the steeply raked roof to the offset windows. Apparently arches are a requirement for fronts of these types of buildings but that's fine by me. That cobblestone technique is perhaps the best - I must get some more of those parts. The staircase is creative but looks really steep, although I suppose they often were in that time. I'm curious about the lighting - is it supposed to represent the "cold and damp" of the log entry? It looks great in the first pic but the second is really dark for an inside shot. Overall this is a lovely build and I'm glad to see Corrington grow.

Corrington would have the coolest looking shipping offices. Though as already stated I like the cobblestone design. The interior is great also and I look forward to seeing it filled with goods.

Really nice! Simple, stern looking, suitable for business! That's why i opted for flesh log bricks at our LUGBULK and you Mike, set an excellent example at roof making :)