LegoSjaak

Lego BrickBank XL MOD in my Modular Square! (All 11 modulars inclu

I finally managed to make a HD-video of the new modified XL BrickBank in my Lego Modular Square. I hope you like it!! For this Modular Square i used a total of 19 modular sets. The first three modulars are in their original size. All other 8 modulars are XL versions, each made of two sets. The footprint of the whole square, including its buidlings counts almost 62,000 studs. The measurements of the square are 336 x 184 studs, equal to 2.62 x 1.44 meters (=3,8 square meters), or 8,6 x 6,0 feet (= 51,6 square feet).HD

The extended brick bank looks good but it would look better with one more level like in your older virtual design. Townsquare is great. :)

Max

May I know how many baseplates you used in the square itself (excluding buildings)?

Hello Jern92, for the square only i used the following baseplates:

-18 pieces 8 x 16

- 1 piece 16 x 32

- 4 pieces 32 x 32

-12 pieces 48 x 48

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Your square looks very impressive. I think doubling up works better on the Town Hall (looks fantastic!), the Restaurant and the Bank (though this really needs another floor, in my opinion) than on the Pool Hall and the Pet Shop.

Yes... the XL Brick bank needs the third floor. It's all about optics. Other 2 floor buildings got slope roof so they are taller. Brick bank got flat roof what makes it optical lower.

Max

Impressive! Nice double version of the Brick Bank.

This town square looks quite expensive.

I like the water in the middle of the square and the tile pattern on the square.

I really need to come up with a nice kiosk or a gazebo......maybe i should copy someone else's idea... if i can't make one myself.... :look:

Absolutely stunning layout Legosjaak! Love your XLmodulars. How many Pet Shops have you used, 4?

Heh, it's kinda funny to see all those extended modulars and then the regular ol' Green Grocer. I really enjoy that park setup though!

Absolutely stunning layout Legosjaak! Love your XLmodulars. How many Pet Shops have you used, 4?

Thanks Chilis, i used two PetShops and bricklinked two floors from the blue part later... that is why the double blue part is a lot higher!!

Heh, it's kinda funny to see all those extended modulars and then the regular ol' Green Grocer. I really enjoy that park setup though!

Yeah looks funny indeed, but the first three sets are too expensive to mess with... :laugh: .. Buying two from that and creating one XL GreenGrocerversion would only have been possible if i would have bought them for their original prices in the past...

Amazing and very inspirational!

I really like it if i inspire someone!! Hope you have fun with your plans or modifications!!

Impressive! Nice double version of the Brick Bank.

This town square looks quite expensive.

I like the water in the middle of the square and the tile pattern on the square.

The water was the latest addition to the square. I adds a bit of color and breaks up the large square a bit! I'm thinking of making the trees one step bigger...see if that is better in scale!

Your square looks very impressive. I think doubling up works better on the Town Hall (looks fantastic!), the Restaurant and the Bank (though this really needs another floor, in my opinion) than on the Pool Hall and the Pet Shop.

..yes the BrickBank needs another floor but first i'll wait how bad the damage to my cars engine is... :wacko:

Wow, really impressive. Must have taken quite some years to get a collection like this and build this square.

Looks cool! Now you should start building a modular MOC next! ;-)

Thank you... and yes, i should start with that, but i'm not convinced that i'm thát creative...besides that, there is a lack of time.... I tried it once, but i just do nat have enough sparebricks...i made this with 3 of the TownHouse set 4954... 12123890023_b7785e8dd2_z.jpg

Wow, really impressive. Must have taken quite some years to get a collection like this and build this square.

I started in 2009, but then it was only City stuff.. I still have a lot of sets, but now and then i sell sets from that period. It need too much space, so i'll stick with the Modular Square only and will sell off my trains, City sets and so on...Positive effect is, that i can sell most sets for the Original price, or some even for more... so it wasn't a bad investment...!

your town square looks awesome

Thank you!

Nice! Love the town square, too.

Thank you too... i'm currently investing in 'growing' my trees on the modular square.. There are twelve of them and i will raise them 6 bricks and give them two extra layers of branches and leaves...!!

I love the french train station but which one is it ?

I'm not sure what you actually want to know.... For today i added two extra layers of branches and leaves to the twelve trees in the Modular Square! 24620987381_e8245178b8_h.jpg

Impressive layout! :thumbup: Meanwhile I'm struggling to come up with a single 32x32 square myself :grin:

Well, that is how i started too...!!