A show-accurate version of Ninjago's Tiger Widow. I felt the set version was very underwhelming, so I decided to give this cute creature an upgrade. Why they call a six-legged animal a spider is beyond me, but luckily nature has something that fits: ant mimic spiders. The sideways fangs would then be modified versions of faux antennae, which are in turn modified legs. It even explains why it almost, but not really, has three body segments rather than two.

Front view:

23793223333_a8ab16dc4b.jpg

Side view:

24420028935_a2e0562fff.jpg

As far as I know, all the parts are easily available via Bricklink. The spider's legs can move sideways and up and down at the base and up and down at the knees and claw tips. The head, pincers and mouth can also move, for a total of 29 points of articulation.

Gallery (will add more pictures soon)

.lxf file

Edited by DraikNova

How many parts is it? May try to brick link it some time soon. I disagree with you about it being cute, this was the most terrifying creature out of the whole show... Other than that, amazing job! You were able to capture the eyes perfectly!

It's 483 pieces, a lot of which is just the little horn-spikes and 1x1 round tiles with holes in them. I'm surprised you like the eyes; that's the part of which that I find the least pleasing.

Not sure how a googly-eyed spider with a dopey mouth isn't cute, though.

Sorry for the double post, but I've managed to find a place to upload the .lxf file, so for those who want to build it, here it is!