Sign in to follow this  
90_Shelby

Early 90's Pirate Collection

I have several Pirate Lego sets from the early 90's including original boxes and instructions. What is this stuff worth and where is the best place to sell it if I want to let it go? As I clean up the pieces and sort it between sets, I imagine I'll also find a few missing or broken pieces. Where is the best place to buy individual lego parts? Thanks for any info.

I have the following sets:

6234 - Renegade's Raft

6235 - Buried Treasure

6236 - King Kahuka

6247 - Bounty Boat

6256 - Islander Catamaran

6258 - Smuggler's Shanty

6259 - Broadside's Brig

6261 - Raft Raider's

6262 - King Kahuka's Throne

6266 - Cannon Cove

6268 - Renegade Runner

6270 - Forbidden Island

6271 - Imperial Flagship

6277 - Imperial Trading Post

6278 - Enchanted Island

6286 - Skull's Eye Schooner

That sounds like a really nice collection. Skull's Eye Schooner, Imperial Trading Post, Imperial Flagship and Forbidden Island are especially nice sets! I guess you could try to sell them on ebay. For individual parts I suggest www.bricklink.com, but it takes a while to learn how to use it properly. There are a lot of stores on there, and it's all about finding the place that has the most items for the lowest price x) There you can also see what your sets might be worth on average, but I guess if you want to be sure to sell them, you should put the price down a bit when you auction them out.

Edit: You are more than welcome to sell Skull's Eye Schooner to me if the price and condition are right ;) That's one of the quite many sets that I miss. But it's number one on my wanted list among the missed sets. :)

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

90_Shelby,

If you have further questions, you should check out the Buying Pirate Lego topic.

Edit: You are more than welcome to sell Skull's Eye Schooner to me if the price and condition are right ;) That's one of the quite many sets that I miss. But it's number one on my wanted list among the missed sets. :)

EB members should not be setting up sales/trades outside the Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds Forum. As a reminder...

Selling, self promotion and promoting: New members are not allowed to sell/trade on this site, but we do allow long term members to do so in the Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds forum; be sure to read the rules to this forum before posting there. We occasionally allow exclusions to this rule but you need to contact the staff first. We NEVER allow the personal message system to be used to spam or contact members to make sales offers. If you engage in this practice, you will be subject to an immediate ban. The only time the personal message system should be used is when both parties have previously agreed to that form of communication. We take no responsibility for any transaction that takes place as a result of contact made on this site. If you have a problem with a transaction, you should discuss it with the other party, not us.

...so please don't encourage that type of behavior.

You can sell your collection on: ebay, Bricklink, here in EB under Sales and Trades Section.

Admin, please move it to Sales and Trades Section.

Regards

Thanks for the compliments. I'll check out bricklink and see if I can find a store with the 7 broken pieces I have and an additional 3 missing pieces. That's not bad considering it's been sitting around for 20 years.

Speaking of missing pieces, I don't know the names of a few of the pieces therefore I can't find them on bricklink. Can I post pictures here to figure out what they are? One of the pieces looks like a black jousting spear and the other a flexible piece used to hold down a front mast on a boat.

Since I can't sell anything on this forum I'll take your recommendation regarding where I should, I appreciate the help.

Once I figure out how to post pictures, I'll post a couple of all the sets. It took a surprisingly long time to clean and assemble everything in order to check inventory of parts, take a few pictures, then bag and box everything again.

That's a very impressive collection of some true classics.

So you put it all together and then disassembled again? That indeed must have taken some time.

Nice collection. I only have Pirate's Plunder. And i am missing redcoat officers hands and a pistol(

Imperial Trading post was my most loved set from Pirates as a kid, since I never got the big ship. I played with it the most, probably most of all my sets excluding the Black Knight's Castle.

Wondering if you would sell it seperately.

Islanders sets are sold even though I accidentally only listed them for sale in Canada. oops.

6234, 6235, 6247, 6258, 6259 will be up shortly.