Polo-Freak

Bricklinking the 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon :-)

... my biggest wish was owning the set 10179 :sadnew:

-> it never came...

Years later...

so i decide to start build a Replica from this Set -> I use Bricklink, Pick a Brick & eBay for buying the Parts.

Finish: All Parts in NEW Condition!

Ok start with the first Order: :laugh:

k2uc2vb3.jpg

and the second Order:

rtghohk5.jpg

Edited by Polo-Freak

Yes i know that :grin: Many Thanks :thumbup:

Next both Orders...

cllt9hsz.jpg

Next -> Thats all from Shop at Home (Pick a Brick)

cnsnaei5.jpg

Edited by Polo-Freak

Good luck! I did this myself a year ago, it's simply a wonderful model.

I just wanted to warn you about something that you may not be aware of. I assume that you're going for 100% authentic and correct color parts, judging from the other orders you made.

It's regarding the 10x10 dish. Unfortunately, a couple of years ago quite a few fake dishes were offered on ebay. They're original Lego parts, but the print is not. These are very hard to distinguish from the original Lego ones and it's not uncommon for these fake ones to be sold as genuine. The one you have pictured is a fake one, sadly.

See: http://www.bricklink...e.asp?ID=962259

If you thought you purchased an original dish, you should definitely contact the seller and ask him to fix this.

Edited by DarthPineapple

I'd return the dish for a refund and build Scottish Dave's Force Awakens style dish. Looks cool and a fraction of the cost.

I used black Technic right angles at a fraction of the cost of the original yellow ones, and it really doesn't matter.

i know that with the Dish, but the Dish is new (no scratches)...

...and a pay 20bucks for it, it is OK and looks very very good (Print Quality is Super like Orig.) :wink:

gcml3lei.jpg

l2jtxipg.jpg

next... Puhhh 28 x 6.6 Umbrella Sticks ^^

t6sygftu.jpg

Edited by Polo-Freak

Great to see another person tackle this amazing set! I see your strategy for bricklinking is to knock out all of the rare parts immediately, then sit back and relax ordering all of the common cheap ones. I myself have never done it this way, but perhaps I will try it once. If you continue with the process of 100% accurate, I assume your next order will involve the LBG levers

i know that with the Dish, but the Dish is new (no scratches)...

...and a pay 20bucks for it, it is OK and looks very very good (Print Quality is Super like Orig.) :wink:

To be honest I'd hoarily go for the custom printed version if it's on a genuine Lego piece... especially at that price. I may PM you for the details of the seller!

! I see your strategy for bricklinking is to knock out all of the rare parts immediately, then sit back and relax ordering all of the common cheap ones.

That's right :laugh:

Nexxxxt ->

bh7h4hie.jpg

Edited by Polo-Freak

Man, seeing all those rare and expensive parts up close make me shiver with anticipation... I avoided all of them at my build (except the 6.6 bars, which just look very nice in the greebling and at the cockpit)

A lot of hard searching and time on bricklink to get the best deals and combined shipping costs. It's pure dedication!! I wish I had about 1200€ spare so I could go on that journey, too. Or maybe just buy a complete one :grin:

I'm building one myself. I'm using the older light grey pieces I already had to give it a worn look, so I'm looking to come in around 250.00 total once I subbed some part colors. Loving it so far.

I'm building one myself. I'm using the older light grey pieces I already had to give it a worn look, so I'm looking to come in around 250.00 total once I subbed some part colors. Loving it so far.

So far? or on the whole frickin ship?

So far? or on the whole frickin ship?

I had the majority of parts already. Most were the old light gray color. Once I subbed colors that weren't important, it's coming out nice so far.

Are those genuine?! Also, why four?

He has bought 4 for £102 each on Bricklink and is now offering 2 for sale on there for £196 each. Maybe someone will be stupid enough to buy them. It doesn't really help other people trying to build it though.

He has bought 4 for £102 each on Bricklink and is now offering 2 for sale on there for £196 each.

Are you sure about that?

I have the parts bought on the ebay Platform (USA)

2 X for my Falcon

2 x for my BL Store