Sign in to follow this  
LegoMcBoss2004

Star Wars:TFA Theories

I just watched TFA and I have many thoughts and theories about the timeline and characters here are a few of mine:

- Luke tried to train the new Jedi Generation and Ben Solo killed (MOST of) said class then joined the Dark Side.

- Rey was in said Jedi class and was able to hide from Ben so he could not kill her.

- Ben knew Rey had to be there but did not know where. So when that dude mentions a girl on Jakku he knows it is her.

- Luke finds Rey after Ben leaves and brings her to a ship and flies her to Jakku (that is why she was crying because she grew up with Luke and she saw him as family and did not want to leave)

- Word goes around about Luke taking a girl to Jakku and Ben(Kylo) wants to go kill her but Snoke says otherwise.

- Luke stays on the island that he had trained them on to remember what happened

- Many years pass and The Force Awakens (Movie) begins but what about other stuff right.

- Why did Rey remember being left? Rey remembered that moment because it was like her being left behind and she always thinks about her parents and when they will return and she saw Luke as a father so that's why she remembers that.

- Why does she see the fight will Kylo that happens later in the movie? That is when she learns to use (her possible future weapon) a lightsaber and a big moment in her using the force.Like Ewan Mcgregor said "Rey these are your first steps" that fight was the first time uses a lightsaber that she can truly remember so to her memory that would be one of her first steps.

- I think Rey is a nobody. Her parents realized she had the force and sent her off to the (at the time) popular "Luke Skywalker Jedi Training Academy".

- When Snoke finds out about the force being found in a young girl on Jakku he sends troops there to kill her but she is not there so they kill her parents.

- She is trained until the killing (see Theory 1).Luke sends her back to Jakku thinking her parents are still alive.

- A friend of Rey's parents takes her and does not know her name well so he/she calls her "child".

- She grows up and the adopted parent dies,so she becomes an orphan and a scavenger.Learning about Han Solo and other Smuggling, Thieving, Scavenging Legends.

- She looked at Luke the way she did because she has him in the back of her mind, but could not really point him out randomly until reminded, so when faced with Luke she remembers being left and growing up and goes teary eyed.

Please give me feedback about these if you agree or disagree.

Good Bye

Edited by LegoMcBoss2004

For one thing, Rey thought Luke and the Jedi were legends and not real, so unless there was maybe some force-based mind tampering, I doubt she could have fit into events as you theorized.

For one thing, Rey thought Luke and the Jedi were legends and not real, so unless there was maybe some force-based mind tampering, I doubt she could have fit into events as you theorized.

Well there could be some form of Jedi Mind trick that instead of making someone do something,it makes them forget something. Just a guess though.

I think that Rey is Luke's daughter (SW is a story about the Skywalkers, after all) who was training with the other students in the Academy. After Ben fell to the Dark Side, he killed the students except for Rey. Luke then dropped Rey off on Jakku and wiped her memory (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Memory_rub) in order to protect her.

I think that when Luke realized that Ben had turned to the darkside and was about to go on a killing spree he grabbed whoever he could and put them on random desolate planets. Rey was probably experiencing PTSD and since she was very young when the Jedis in training were all turned she couldn't remember her own past.

Rey seems to have the abilty to absorb other people knowledge and skills. This is the thing about Rey that I think may make her the most powerful Jedi, espescially her ability to learn force powers by reading the minds of other force users. When Kylo tried to read her mind she turned it around on him and read his mind. When Kylo tried to force pull the lightsaber in the woods she did it better. Then while fighting him he got the upper hand he was a better lightsaber fighter but once she looked in his eyes she seemed to learn everything he knew.

I'm don't think she is Luke's daughter, if she was why wouldn't he take her with him to the uncharted system?

I think that Rey is Luke's daughter (SW is a story about the Skywalkers, after all) who was training with the other students in the Academy. After Ben fell to the Dark Side, he killed the students except for Rey. Luke then dropped Rey off on Jakku and wiped her memory (http://starwars.wiki...wiki/Memory_rub) in order to protect her.

True True. It's just,yeah it's a Skywalker story but part of me thinks J.J. would mess it up or change the dynamic of Star Wars. I am pretty confident in my theory,and others think we're supposed to believe Luke is her father. For instance my mom was confident in the fact that Rey was a Solo but when the final scene came around my mom decided she was a Skywalker. I personally think it's all misdirection and she is a nobody. "But that's just a theory a "sorry I mean Good Bye Edited by LegoMcBoss2004

Rey's Luke's daughter. The evidence is pretty clear. She was drawn to his lightsaber on Takadona. It reacted to her, which is where I think her Force power was wakened. Then, in the fight, while Kylo was attempting to call the saber to him, Rey was subconsciously doing so as well. It came to her because of the bond. And the final nail in the coffin, when they met. You could see it in both of their faces.

Now, the mind wipe is an interesting theory. It would explain quite a bit. As we see, she doesn't necessarily believe in the Force-as she was shocked to hear its real-, but thought it was myth. But, it would explain how she picked up on using(and seemingly mastering) the Force so quickly. Hmm...man, that's a good one to think on!

Then, as for why Luke left her, presumably on Jakku, could be because he felt unfit to raise her. After the younglings at his new Jedi Academy were slaughtered by one of his students, family no less, he felt like he couldn't do it. As for the isolation....taking a page out of Yoda's book, perhaps? People knew Yoda was on Dagobah, just as BB-8 & R2-D2 knew where Luke was, the means to know...anyways.

I just read about another theory that Rey is in fact Anakin re-incarnate. the theory is a bit wild but honestly rather sound too. I still subscribe to Occam's Razor of theories with Rey being Luke's child, but its fun exploring other theories too. (a goggle search will provide you with all of the re-incarnation details)

Edited by GallardoLU

I subscribe to the theory that Rey is Luke's daughter. But that begs the question... who is Rey's mother? Do we see a canonization of Mara Jade in the future?

I'm really hoping that if Rey is Luke's daughter that they introduce Mara Jade and call her by that name, instead of inventing a new wife for him. I know some of TFA feels like elements of the EU, like Kylo being similar to Jacen and his look being similar to Revan, but I'm hoping Disney at least throws the EU a bone with Mara. The first time I saw TFA, I was hoping the whole walk up the mountain, that the camera would pan to Luke and Mara - that would have been a ridiculously good close.

I came up some other seemingly possible ones,but I am not as proud of these.

- Finn is a Calrissian and Lando raised him in Cloud City but Snoke sent Captain Phasma to kill any person involved in the Rebel Alliance.

- Lando hid Finn and Captain Phasma were able to kill Lando.

- Captain Phasma was able to find Finn and sent brought him to the Starkiller base.

- They brainwashed Finn to make him think that the Rebels or Resitance are evil and gave him the name FN-2187.

- Finn was raised in the First Order. After a while the brainwashing starts to fade and he realizes that he is fighting on the wrong side.

- He would go on to save Poe. He is now fighting for the resistance,and becomes a "Traitor".

Again I'm not nearly as proud of these as I am the others and that I could not come up with more.

Edit: And I am pretty fond of the idea of Mara Jade but I just don't think they would go that direction. But still possible and could be a highlight of the trilogy if done right.

Edited by LegoMcBoss2004

Finn being Lando's son would be really disappointing. I don't think Finn and Rey need legendary parentage to be interesting characters. Finn works well as a nobody foot soldier who realized the wrongness of his cause and decided to stop fighting for the First Order. Rey is just fine as a nobody scavenger, probably daughter of someone strong with the force; but Luke? It doesn't work for me. Given how much he hated Tatooine, why would he drop his daughter on a desert planet? If he wanted her not to be found, why not just put her on the next planet over seeing as his planet was completely uncharted.

The other big theory is that Snoke is Plagieus. Hopefully, these future movies take a cue from Abrams and distance themselves as far from the prequels as possible, especially from a character who apparently acknowledges Midichlorians and mutates them to (rape?) impregnate virgin women on desert planets. REALLY hoping for no Midichlorians.

I don't think Finn and Rey need legendary parentage to be interesting characters.

This. No one came out of ANH wondering if Luke and Vader were related. Unfortunately it's become a thing with Star Wars films that force using is genetic. Technically, given Jedi's are supposed to be celibate in their detachment, this shouldn't be a thing. At least Kylo's parentage wasn't turned into some great melodrama and was just revealed in TFA. I'll be a little bit disappointed if it seems every new character has to be "the offspring of" to legitimise them. Dynasties are fine to a degree, but we need new blood untainted. Plus Luke getting romantically attached to someone would change his character completely...

Unless! Somehow the relationship Luke had which produced Rey was the catalyst for Ben Solo's disillusionment with his uncle? That would be a more satisfying way for Rey to be related for me at least.

Oh man, now you guys have got me drawn into this theorising too :(

This. No one came out of ANH wondering if Luke and Vader were related. Unfortunately it's become a thing with Star Wars films that force using is genetic. Technically, given Jedi's are supposed to be celibate in their detachment, this shouldn't be a thing. At least Kylo's parentage wasn't turned into some great melodrama and was just revealed in TFA. I'll be a little bit disappointed if it seems every new character has to be "the offspring of" to legitimise them. Dynasties are fine to a degree, but we need new blood untainted. Plus Luke getting romantically attached to someone would change his character completely...

Unless! Somehow the relationship Luke had which produced Rey was the catalyst for Ben Solo's disillusionment with his uncle? That would be a more satisfying way for Rey to be related for me at least.

Oh man, now you guys have got me drawn into this theorising too :(

Okay new add on to the theory. Also fine I have accepted Rey is most likely a Skywalker.Let's Start the new story Mara Jade helped Luke train the new Generation of Jedi with their daughter Rey also in the class,a student named Ben has been drawn to the dark side of the force. Ben kills the students in the class except a few that were able to escape the slaughtering. Luke and Mara were able to knock him out,find the other students and leave. They mind wiped them then sent the students to the planets that they're parents lived on but sent Rey to a very far away planet. Snoke sent Phasma,and some troops to kill Luke and Mara. They lasted for a while but eventually Phasma killed Mara. That isone of the reason Luke is distance from others and most of the people have been killed. So he tries not to love anyone now.

Hope you enjoyed eventually there will be more to this story but for now Good bye

Well only a week before the film came out we thought Rey was Han and Leia's kid; and now that the film is out we think she could be Luke's daughter. Either way, Disney has us scampering for clues.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Why does everybody need to be related to somebody? I think it'd be better if Rey and Finn were just normal people.

Why does everybody need to be related to somebody? I think it'd be better if Rey and Finn were just normal people.

Well only a week before the film came out we thought Rey was Han and Leia's kid; and now that the film is out we think she could be Luke's daughter. Either way, Disney has us scampering for clues.

See, I don't think Rey is Luke's daughter. Why? Because it's too obvious, and every seems to jump to that conclusion

That was my original thought but so many people have come to the conclusion that because Rey and Finn are the main characters that they have to be famous. Star Wars is a Skywalker story like Gremer stated earlier and I'm pretty sure Finn is not a Skywalker. But I still have (A New) Hope that they do not have famous lineage.

Star Wars is a Skywalker story like Gremer stated earlier and I'm pretty sure Finn is not a Skywalker. But I still have (A New) Hope that they do not have famous lineage.

Hey, not picking on you but it always bothers me when people say Star Wars is about "the Skywalker family". Luke is undoubtably the main hero of the original trilogy, but the story isn't about "family" until the last 15 minutes of Empire Strikes Back. TFA is the most financially successful Star Wars movie and its protagonist is canonically NOT {yet} related to Luke. How will they make the main character of the Boba Fett movie a Skywalker? Right around the corner is Rouge One, and (though I don't think the protagonist's name has been released) it is led by a woman, meaning she's either some sort of Lars second cousin adopted half-sister, or she's not related to Luke.

Hey, not picking on you but it always bothers me when people say Star Wars is about "the Skywalker family". Luke is undoubtably the main hero of the original trilogy, but the story isn't about "family" until the last 15 minutes of Empire Strikes Back. TFA is the most financially successful Star Wars movie and its protagonist is canonically NOT {yet} related to Luke. How will they make the main character of the Boba Fett movie a Skywalker? Right around the corner is Rouge One, and (though I don't think the protagonist's name has been released) it is led by a woman, meaning she's either some sort of Lars second cousin adopted half-sister, or she's not related to Luke.

The entire saga has been about family, we just weren't aware of it at times. We saw a kiss between Leia & Luke to spark jealousy in Han...turns out she kissed her brother. They were siblings even when we didn't know it.

You're nitpicking though, with the latter part. The Boba Fett/Rouge One movies are spin offs. Spin offs veer from the main story, that's the point. The main story of SW-Ep. I-VII- revolve around the Skywalkers.

Mara Jade has truly earned a place in the new canon, more than any other character in the EU.

I prefer the theory that Snoke is Tarkin instead of Plagueis, frankly. It would throw a bait and switch that wasn't easy to anticipate, it would interest fans of the OT and it could even give Rogue One a slight tie-in. Plus, it could mean that Snoke's hologram was faked, which is mentioned canonically in Clone Wars Season 1.

By the way, for those saying Tarkin isn't Force Sensitive:

1. Palpatine hid his Force Sensitivity from the entire Jedi Order! If Tarkin was an evil Dark Side user, couldn't he possibly hide it too?
  2. Has Snoke been canonically confirmed as actually having Force Sensitivity? Like I mentioned above, Holograms can be faked.

Mara Jade has truly earned a place in the new canon, more than any other character in the EU.

I prefer the theory that Snoke is Tarkin instead of Plagueis, frankly. It would throw a bait and switch that wasn't easy to anticipate, it would interest fans of the OT and it could even give Rogue One a slight tie-in. Plus, it could mean that Snoke's hologram was faked, which is mentioned canonically in Clone Wars Season 1.

By the way, for those saying Tarkin isn't Force Sensitive:

1. Palpatine hid his Force Sensitivity from the entire Jedi Order! If Tarkin was an evil Dark Side user, couldn't he possibly hide it too?
  2. Has Snoke been canonically confirmed as actually having Force Sensitivity? Like I mentioned above, Holograms can be faked.

Grand Moff Tarkin? He was on the Death Star when Luke blew it up, that seems hard to recover from. Is there story line in the EU that has him survive/escape?

Not really but he could have escaped on a TIE or maybe got on a Star Destroyer and pieced the scene but. I don't know what it is about me and stories sorry but here:

"We must evacuate Lord Vader"says Tarkin. Vader shook his head and left the room going to his Interceptor. Tarkin asked many Pilots but none would help. He finally found a Pilot who would help him they rushed to a TIE Fighter and jumped in. As they were leaving Tarkin looked out the window and saw the Millennium Falcon (which if you didn't know ran the Kessel Run in less than 12 Parsecs) zooming past. The engines started and they flew out of the Death Star. Tarkin heard a tick tick tick and then came the huge BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bye Bye Death Star,the TIE shook and one of the wings got screwed up. The TIE started spinning and then crashed into a planet (Jakku maybe :shrug_oh_well:) and many years later Tarkin has withered away but still alive. The Pilot gets pieces to finish the ship (because apparently nobody helps the Empire), and finishes it and they go back to the Super Star Destroyer and he Vader-ized but after the destruction of the Empire it starts to kill him, he takes it off and he is fine. He has many scars and bruises and goes to a market on a planet, says his real name and nearly gets killed because the owner of the market is an Organa and Leia told the surviving Organas about what he did,but he survives via the exact Pilot who has now become his bodyguard. So he changes his name to Snoke he goes on to kidnap a young girl from her family(Phasma) trains her and together they begin the dreaded FIRST ORDER duh duh duuuuuuuhhhhh.

That is the origin of Supreme Leader Snoke

The entire saga has been about family, we just weren't aware of it at times. We saw a kiss between Leia & Luke to spark jealousy in Han...turns out she kissed her brother. They were siblings even when we didn't know it.

You're nitpicking though, with the latter part. The Boba Fett/Rouge One movies are spin offs. Spin offs veer from the main story, that's the point. The main story of SW-Ep. I-VII- revolve around the Skywalkers.

Agree. Star Wars is about the Skywalkers. One of 3 new guys has to be a Skywalker.

TFA is the most financially successful Star Wars movie and its protagonist is canonically NOT {yet} related to Luke.

TFA is the most successful Star Wars movie ever because it was released in 2015. Fans have been waiting for 3 decades for seeing what happens after Episode VI. And at this point, everyone knows what SW is. And it was heavily promoted in social media.

How will they make the main character of the Boba Fett movie a Skywalker? Right around the corner is Rouge One, and (though I don't think the protagonist's name has been released) it is led by a woman, meaning she's either some sort of Lars second cousin adopted half-sister, or she's not related to Luke.

Those are spin offs............

Edited by Robert8