Adaptation of my Incom T-65B X-Wing model. Features the same geared S-Foil mechanism, working landing gear and opening canopy. LDD does not yet have parts from the Force Awakens sets, so I substituted an R2 astromech and Rebel pilot for now. Will post pics of real model once I've collected the parts.

23771639324_f8bd5734bd_c.jpg

23771640584_1ae017236a_c.jpg

Looks amazing!

If you gave out the LDD i would love to build this

One question though, is that white or light bley?

You nailed the shaping perfectly. There's too much for me to elaborate on right now but that nose is nuts. I'd love to see you mod the UCS x wing with a similar design. :thumbup:

Look at pictures of the studio models. If anything I'm undersized.

Note the size of the pilot in relation to the size of the craft.

star-wars-7-x-wing-fighter-resistence-model-5.jpg

You nailed the shaping perfectly. There's too much for me to elaborate on right now but that nose is nuts. I'd love to see you mod the UCS x wing with a similar design. :thumbup:

Looks amazing!

If you gave out the LDD i would love to build this

One question though, is that white or light bley?

I posted a T-65B X-Wing the other day, this model uses the same basic hull. The color on this one is white (muted it in the render).

Nice. I am quite curious (not in a critical way) of your interpretation of scale and the relationship with the mini figure in your X-wing models. I'm inthe process of building and refining a t-65 and t-70, would you mind sharing the reference material you've used?

Ok, up until now I liked the old X-Wing a lot more than the new one, but this Version of the TFA X-Wing convinced me that the new design is at least on par with the old one.

The reason for that is probably that this is the first version where I actually like the look of the new engines and wings that look like they are cut in half in s-foil position!

The colourization is great and your own design of the ship is truly outstanding! I simply want it, badly! :laugh::thumbup:

Nice. I am quite curious (not in a critical way) of your interpretation of scale and the relationship with the mini figure in your X-wing models. I'm inthe process of building and refining a t-65 and t-70, would you mind sharing the reference material you've used?

Look at the studio model picture I posted above. The current LEGO minifigure/x-wing size relationship has been closer to 2/3 scale. My design is closer to a true 1:1. When building my T-65B (off which my T-70 model is based) I also used a 1:72 scale Revell X-Wing kit, as well as pictures of the various studio models and planform drawings.

Ah, okay. Don't worry, I am familiar with that studio model, it's the main reference I've used when drafting my model.

How do you scale your creations to the 'real' (sw universe) thing? For a while I have been more or less following a 1 stud = foot scale. Canonically, the t-70 is listed as being 12.48 metres long, so basically 41 feet. Your model is very beautiful, but looks much longer than 41 studs. Which is not necessarily a fault of your design, it just depends on how you interpret 'minifig scale', especially given the problems created by the wonky proportions of the minifgure. So I guess my question is, how do you determine your scaling of various craft, in relation to established metric lengths 'in universe', the Lego minifig, etc?

Because of the funky minifigure proportions, I "fudge" things as necessary. In this case I went with the most readily visible part of the figure in the model, which is the head.

I like your model. But like your t65 the nose could use some work, it looks too long and wide. Should be more wedge and less beak. The back is really well done but the front is kinda meh. The whole front section doesn't really match your reference.

I complain a lot but I couldn't do a better job though.

Lovely! Put me down as someone else who'd love to see the LDD. Would it be possible to make the lower wings a little more SNOT with these guys?

They're already SNOT, I think what you meant is stud-less.

Edited by khatmorg