I set out to create a more screen-accurate minifigure scaled X-Wing, and this is my result. The model is built to accept the canopy used in the new Poe's X-Wing Fighter set (75102), but it is not yet available to use in LDD so I created a stand-in for now. I am collecting the pieces to build the model, which is 1471 elements total. It features a geared S-Foil wing system controlled by the wheel on the back, opening canopy, and positionable landing gear with doors.

24029193270_dd12d81513_c.jpg

23696559044_5d0c3328d3_c.jpg

24029190270_8563ec676f_c.jpg

24270482066_a54c077439_c.jpg

24029189190_339f289650_c.jpg

23956954519_d3a3d13e7c_c.jpg

24216567192_4b6c65725a_c.jpg

23956955569_04beed78de_c.jpg

Please visit my Mocpages to see more of my work. Comments/feedback appreciated!

Edited by rx79gez8gundam

Hey! That looks great!

Although, I am not really a fan of the Rebel Alliance, I appreciate some of the designs for their vehicles; like this one, which you did an excellent job representing in Lego with the studless techniques you implemented!

Thanks! Seamless design is always a big goal of mine, as is as nearly studless as possible. Overall I strive for accuracy first, playability second, and size/number of elements a distant third. That's why so much of my work is huge! This is actually one of my smaller sets. That said, I think I actually nailed all three on this one.

No worries, a better TIE is on the way!

That looks very good. I have tried to do something a similar size myself based around the 4 wide engine intake, but I never managed to get anything I was happy with. Have you considered using 2x4x4 half cylinders behind the engine intakes?

That looks very good. I have tried to do something a similar size myself based around the 4 wide engine intake, but I never managed to get anything I was happy with. Have you considered using 2x4x4 half cylinders behind the engine intakes?

Yes I have. There is no adequate transition for the studded end, and they would preclude the ability to feature functional landing gear.

Yes I have.

Of course, I assumed you would have but thought I would mention it anyway. It looks really accurate, I look forward to seeing the brick built version.

Collecting the parts currently, almost have them all. Also working on a T-70 model, will post pics when it's finished.

Edited by rx79gez8gundam

For some reason, the part I love the most about this beautiful model is the canopy. I think it looks even better than Poe's. I also think this is better than Psiaki's.

Looks amazing! Congratulations on a superlative design :thumbup::sweet: It is probably slightly oversized for a true minifig-scale model but that is a very minor issue. Can't wait to see the real life build :laugh: