Sign in to follow this  
CelesAurivern

[COR-FB 3]The Emporium's Delivery Service

Shopping at the Emporium has never been easier! Now with the Emporium's Delivery Service!

Simply submit your orders by courier to our shop and we shall endeavour to deliver the next working day!

To further sweeten the deal, delivery is FREE if you spend more than 2 doubloons in a single order!

Send us your orders today!

Delivery service is only available to registered addresses in Greater Bellson.

A delivery charge of 1/16 doubloons apply for orders under 2 doubloons.

Other terms and conditions apply.

Of course, how could any self respecting emporium be without it's own delivery service?

I threw together some loose parts for the wagon in Scene 3

It sorta ended up minifig scale as I wanted to stack lots and lots of barrels in it, so I couldn't really fit it into the scene (It's bigger than the ship :p)

The side railings are just loosely propped up by claw clips as I wanted to show the strain of the barrels making it "burst" at the seams.

And we can't have a 10 yr-old whipping a horse, so there's that apple as an incentive :)

Wagon001.jpg

Wagon002.jpg

Wagon003.jpg

Edited by CelesAurivern

And we can't have a 10 yr-old whipping a horse, so there's that apple as an incentive :)

Haha ! Nice use of the apple !

Good chariot. A bit overloaded though... But good design.

I hope those barrels are not rum barrels, a 10 year old with rum barrels would not be suitable...

The barrels contain rations and fresh water. RRRRation my rum!

Currency wise, I couldn't find any lore written up. So while I favour pounds sterling, I went with the more neutral dollar. We'll retcon it as more lore is defined.

The wagon has a good design. I would have went with a bit more colour though, maybe the raillings on the side in the company colours?

I thought Dubloons (db) where bothe the inside currency as the currency we players have.

The wagon design is pretty good but loaded that high I fear it will tip whenever they cross the first anthill. A ten-year-old seems rather young to be operating it though! I suppose both he and the horse are very well trained. I would think the doubloon would be the best currency since that's the game currency.

Back in the age of sail, boys were sailing at ages 11, so working at younger ages was probably common. Children are spoilt rotten these days :p

The doubloon might be an acceptable universal currency, but we probably should have lower denominations.

We can't all be paying 1 doubloon for an apple when our monthly income is 20-30 or so :wink:

You can pay things as

1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 doubloon

If apples cost 1/16 doubloon a kilo.

When you make 20 db/month, you can buy 320 kilogram in apples,

With an average of 12 apples in a kilo, that would give you 3840 apples/month

or 128 apples a day.

That should be enough even for Felipe De La Manzana

Very nice wagon here CA, though I do have to agree with those who have expressed their opinion that it doesn't exactly look safe/stable! pirate_wink.gifpir_laugh2.gif

You can pay things as

or 128 apples a day.

default_roflmao.gifdefault_laugh_hard.gifdefault_iamded_lol.png

As long as this travels on paved roads, it seems perfectly fine to me - I really like how it bulges under the load - looks very realistic to me! pirate_classic.gif

I am not too sure one horse would be able to take this load cross country, but for the purpose of the delivery service, it seems very fitting!

As to currency, I am pretty sure all nations share the dubloons - which is quite impressive, considering how long it took for he EU to get the Euro! On the other hand, all three kingdoms are formed by the dissolution of the same nation, and probably adopted the currency from there, so it makes perfect sense!

You can pay things as

or 128 apples a day.

I almost choked on my drink here! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

As long as this travels on paved roads, it seems perfectly fine to me - I really like how it bulges under the load - looks very realistic to me! pirate_classic.gif

I am not too sure one horse would be able to take this load cross country, but for the purpose of the delivery service, it seems very fitting!

I originally had an idea of having 2 horses pull the cart, but turned out I would have to make the cart bigger and wider to proportion it out, so it became a one horse show to fit the scene and scale.

Ideally, we would have a draft horse used for pulling carts, but TLC only produces the standard horse size, so suspend your disbelief for a second there.

The alternative would be a duplo pony maybe? pir_laugh2.gif

The idea is really nice and i especially love how each one of us have found a unique job! Especially the apple idwa is fitting! But although i love LEGO wood colors, i would have used one more color to supplement reddish brown (black usually but whatever color suits you really)