Iguanotron

[MOC] Man of War (Slug Cruiser from FTL)

I built a microscale version of this ship from FTL a few months back, but I haven't gotten around to posting it anywhere yet, so here you go: the Man of War, Slug Cruiser layout 'A.'

23693421054_2ae1a25f3d_z.jpgMan of War by Iguanotron, on Flickr

Rear View:

23694943433_79df53ca70_z.jpgMan of War - Rear by Iguanotron, on Flickr

Here is a comparison with the in-game appearance of the ship (colors altered for effect):

24239298151_ea09e4ee75_z.jpgMan of War - Comparison by Iguanotron, on Flickr

If anyone is interested in LDD/instruction files, here they are:

Instructions

LDD File

Enjoy!

Thanks! This is probably my best MOC yet and it turned out surprisingly well. Also the first I planned out in LDD before building IRL. Wish I could have uploaded pictures sooner. Any feedback is appreciated!

Wow! That is surprisingly spot on! I love FTL and I never thought of making lego versions of the ship. You should consider making more ships from the game, especially since I don't think there are many MOCs of the game out there on the web. You would have prominence.

especially since I don't think there are many MOCs of the game out there on the web

As far as I know Iguanotron's Man of War is a second instance of FTL MOCs. The first one being mine. Maybe you've heard of a LEGO CUUSOO (aka LEGO IDEAS) project that hit 10k supporters but was not picked for production. Well, it was my project.

Edited by Crash Sanders

As far as I know Iguanotron's Man of War is a second instance of FTL MOCs. The first one being mine. Maybe you've heard of a LEGO CUUSOO (aka LEGO IDEAS) project that hit 10k supporters but was not picked for production. Well, it was my project.

I'm coming out of a dark age so this is relatively new to me. I just looked it up and your Kestrel and lineup was excellent. That really sucks it didn't get picked as the mini figures alone would have been fantastic. :sceptic:

Awesome detail on such a little ship. Also you nailed getting the original ships shape down pat. Great work.