After weeks of sailing, The Knight of Stedor arrived at a desolated beach, unknown to the current maps.

Captain Ben D'anvers yelled to his crew: "Time for a break and start exploring lazy sundayworkers!"

An explosion of joy was the answer! Finally they discovered an island!

Once disembarked, Officer Giancarlo noticed a small wooden structure in the middle of the beach. He pointed it out to Captain Ben and together they walked curiously to the mystical shrine.

24060077210_0607560101_c.jpg

"Huh, this is a strange place", officer Giancarlo said "look at that small statue with the funny hat".

Captain Ben D'Anvers was looking around him. This certainly is something very uncommon. He knew there were natives found on one of the other islands closeby, but he recognised the helmet from one of his trips to the National History Museum of Corrington.

"That's a viking helmet" Ben said "and I guess that blue statue under it was the original wearer of that helmet."

"But it still is a strange shrine then, look at those shields above it..." Giancarlo replied.

"Wait a minute, this is not just a shrine, I think we are standing on a stranded Drakar!!! That really looks like a stern of a vessel to me" answered Ben a little bit too loud because suddenly...

24273169681_47f7f06a7f_c.jpg

.. Suddenly 2 norse warriors ran towards them, their weapons swinging in the air...

"Soldiers! Here!" yelled Ben...

23727473694_a811f175d4_c.jpg

Quickly 2 MAESTRO-soldiers entered the scene of action, pointing their muskets to the warriors. They never saw something like that before and thought it was just a wooden stick, so they started laughing, not at all frightened by the gunpower of the soldiers.

So one of the 2 soldiers aimed for a flying bird and shot it down. Now the 2 vikings stopped and looked in awe to the magical weapon their opponent had

24273169341_192e1cb4c9_c.jpg

"That was close" Ben sighed. "Thanks for coming so quicklyi"

He bowed for the Viking warriors. Meanwhile one of the soldiers brought a chest full of shiny golden stuff and opened it in front of the 2 Vikings.

Stunned by all the gold and understanding this act of friendship, they bowed towards Captain Ben D'Anvers and said something in an unknown language before pointing their hands to an invisible place somewhere in the woods.

They started walking and guiding our explorers into the woods. The 2 MAESTRO-Soldiers constanlty watched out to ensure the safety of their masters.

Giancarlo whispered "Why do you gave them gold, they are barbarians and I guess they can't offer us anything valuable".

Captain Ben D'Anvers replied: "You know Vikings attacked our homelands 300 years ago. They are the ancestors of the modern day Kingdoms of The Great Raider, west of Corrington and Oleon. But they didn't only raid villages in the east, they also explored the seas west of their homeland. Somehow one of these ships has stranded here and I guess their captain died too soon, so they never had the possibility to return. If these stories are true, we may find prove the world is round. If so, they should have somewhere ancient maps of the unknown area east of where we are now. That would give us a big advantage over our competitors!"

Is Captain Ben D'Anvers right about this? The future will tell!! To be continued!!!

C&C welcome!!!

Some more pictures:

23727473434_b3b0dfdc4a_c.jpg

23728835023_7ce7caa504_c.jpg

24060077490_90e21ea317_c.jpg

Lovely build, great idea! I like that the ship continues beneath the ground. Also, cleverly done with the gold for maps!

Haha, that is a great idea and quite possible too, had the vikings pushed on a little further! Great idea to burry the vking ship like that!

Great idea! I was not expecting Vikings to show up in BoBS, but I like it. And I love how you show the buried ship. Well done all around!

Vikings? Vikings! Why not! The story suits the world of BoBS.

Great job on the ship, how it is buried.

As an amature history lover, I'm not very fond of the shiny horned helmets. But I guess lego went with the stereo type.

Did you take the history of the kingdom of the great raiders out of the given information (I admit I did not fully read the history and stories) or made it up your self?

Edited by Bart

Wow, this is surely a stand out entry, for the idea of using Vikings instead of the classic islanders. The prow of the ship emerging from the sand looks very good.

Innovative approach to the category, and nice technique to get the ship to protrude from the sand :classic:

Vikings! The norse warriors are back - you shall all tremble and despair in the face of their wrath! pirate_sing.gif

(Unless you've got guns, that is... pirate_laugh2.gif )

Very innovative entry, Maxim! You've really buried that ship very well, and I like the whole idea of introducing vikings. I shall be looking forward to the the next instalment about these stranded warriors!! pir_laugh2.gif

Also, I am totally jealous off your longboat hull - I have wanted one for a long time - and for BoBS it may actually be a necessary purchase... Would be very nice for norse style trading ships.

Lovely build, great idea! I like that the ship continues beneath the ground. Also, cleverly done with the gold for maps!

Haha, that is a great idea and quite possible too, had the vikings pushed on a little further! Great idea to burry the vking ship like that!

That’s very clever of the captain indeed!

Excellent idea

Great idea! I was not expecting Vikings to show up in BoBS, but I like it. And I love how you show the buried ship. Well done all around!

Ha ha ! Vikings ! Me too, I wasn't expecting that in BoBS.

Great idea ! The burried ship is cleverly done.

Excellent idea and i love the buried ship too! Very inventive of you :)

Fantastic build, I love how the hull is incorporated into the beach

Thanks all!!! Glad you like the idea and execution pirate_classic.gif

Vikings? Vikings! Why not! The story suits the world of BoBS.

Great job on the ship, how it is buried.

As an amature history lover, I'm not very fond of the shiny horned helmets. But I guess lego went with the stereo type.

Did you take the history of the kingdom of the great raiders out of the given information (I admit I did not fully read the history and stories) or made it up your self?

I know they never had helmets with shiny horns (Vikings is my favourite part of history) as everyday gear. They were for special occasions like fancy meetings etc... But as we are in a fantasy world, they don't bother me pir_laugh2.gif

Well, there hasn't much appeared yet about their history. And as Vikings were raiders, it would seem logic to me they were somewhat related pirate_satisfied.gif

Wow, this is surely a stand out entry, for the idea of using Vikings instead of the classic islanders. The prow of the ship emerging from the sand looks very good.

Thanks! I am also going to use them for my Chal 1 Cat B pirate_classic.gif

Innovative approach to the category, and nice technique to get the ship to protrude from the sand :classic:

It wasn't easy, I had to redo it a few times. My first approach were loose plates, but the result wasn't appealing enough. There are quite a lot of bricks in that small build pirate_hmpf.gif

Vikings! The norse warriors are back - you shall all tremble and despair in the face of their wrath! pirate_sing.gif

(Unless you've got guns, that is... pirate_laugh2.gif )

Very innovative entry, Maxim! You've really buried that ship very well, and I like the whole idea of introducing vikings. I shall be looking forward to the the next instalment about these stranded warriors!! pir_laugh2.gif

Also, I am totally jealous off your longboat hull - I have wanted one for a long time - and for BoBS it may actually be a necessary purchase... Would be very nice for norse style trading ships.

Thanks!! They are the only tribe left of once a powerfull faction pir_laugh2.gif So we will have to preserve them good! Maybe MAESTRO will make an historic amusement park out of their village (money money money!! pirate_laugh2.gif )

I had the chance to order them together with the hull parts for my big ship! My brother has the Viking ship, although it isn't complete anymore, but still I don't dare to touch it and confiscate the bricks out of respect for the nice set it once was pir_laugh2.gif

(..) They were for special occasions like fancy meetings etc

Uhm nope, not even then. They never had them, no historic reverence to horned helmets, no specimen ever found.

The idea of horned helmets comes from the Wagner opera Walkure 1870. So it's fan fiction and the world went with it.

But enough of that, this is Lego :)

Neat idea with the buried wreck, and very good job with actually burying it so smoothly with all those bricks. I never would've thought of Vikings, but this being a fictional world...

Clever story as well, but I wouldn't be quite as trusting of strangers speaking another language! After taking the gift of gold, they might lure you into the woods and then... But it's your story to tell of course. Interesting concept.

It's interesting to see, that you came up with the idea yourself as there are actually myths out there according to which single Vikings actually went on to Central America and are said to have been behind the Quetzalcoatl myth. Scholors found this to be nonsense, but it's an interesting though ... (man, reading about the conquest of Cortes etc. is way more interesting than grading papers ...)

It's interesting to see, that you came up with the idea yourself as there are actually myths out there according to which single Vikings actually went on to Central America and are said to have been behind the Quetzalcoatl myth. Scholors found this to be nonsense, but it's an interesting though ... (man, reading about the conquest of Cortes etc. is way more interesting than grading papers ...)

Don Rosa, anyone? :)

Lord Alexander Toyle, master of the Southern Corrington Science Observatory, after hearing of this story from a friend who trades with MAESTRO, wrote the following to the editor of the Corrington Gazette.

Although we know it has been a long time since the Vikings of the Great Raider have been as close to the Peninsula as Oleon, it is unlikely that these vikings MAESTRO has found circumnavigated the globe. Whereas the world is surely round by our calculations of the night sky and the curve of the earth, it is just too far for the vikings to have traveled in their primitive ships. We estimate that at its greatest circumference, the world is more than 15,000 miles. Even in the northern latitudes, I feel that the Vikings could not have mad it to New Terra via their craft by sailing west. Thus, it is my theory that these vikings (if they are the same northmen that we know to be part of the Raider's domain) actually came east, either by intention or by accident.

Neat idea with the buried wreck, and very good job with actually burying it so smoothly with all those bricks. I never would've thought of Vikings, but this being a fictional world...

Clever story as well, but I wouldn't be quite as trusting of strangers speaking another language! After taking the gift of gold, they might lure you into the woods and then... But it's your story to tell of course. Interesting concept.

We'll see what happens with our explorers! Thanks for the comment :)

I knew Vikings would show eventually :p......anyway, nice build here!

Hahaha, I am happy I am the first then pirate_laugh2.gif

Well, it is indeed based on the evidence and stories about the Vikings reaching Newfoundland. Taking that idea and adding the "what happened if they were lost and managed to survive all those years (like current habitants of Pitcairn Island are descendants of the Mutiny on the Bounty) pirate_laugh2.gif

Lord Alexander Toyle, master of the Southern Corrington Science Observatory, after hearing of this story from a friend who trades with MAESTRO, wrote the following to the editor of the Corrington Gazette.

Although we know it has been a long time since the Vikings of the Great Raider have been as close to the Peninsula as Oleon, it is unlikely that these vikings MAESTRO has found circumnavigated the globe. Whereas the world is surely round by our calculations of the night sky and the curve of the earth, it is just too far for the vikings to have traveled in their primitive ships. We estimate that at its greatest circumference, the world is more than 15,000 miles. Even in the northern latitudes, I feel that the Vikings could not have mad it to New Terra via their craft by sailing west. Thus, it is my theory that these vikings (if they are the same northmen that we know to be part of the Raider's domain) actually came east, either by intention or by accident.

Thanks for the official answer on the subject! pir_laugh2.gif I'll let the discussion if they came from the east or the west open in my future storyline pirate_classic.gif

So we are putting vikings in this thing? Great! pirate_laugh2.gif

Good story and a very creative build showing the stranded ship.

Thanks CGH!