Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Eurobricks Neighborhood Contest

casewindu, batbrick-

Your entry can be in a drop of dew on the edge of a blade of grass. It can be a toilet on the moon. It can be a condo in a high rise in Dubai. It can be a ship, a bottle cap, a can of compressed air, a pair of underwear, a pig snout, anything!

X-D Read the rules people! I've covered this several times! X-D

A toilet on the moon, eh?

I have an idea!

And thanks for clarifying that! *sweet*

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Update: Finished the actual house part, now I just need to do the roof and the furniture.

Minus the bathroom though. ;-)

My sig fig house will be awhile it would be 2 of next years creator houses joined together........... X-D

I am pretty sure the contest will be over by then Legois.

Thanks for clarifying Hinckley sorry for being a little slow! ;-)

Okay, now that I have entered the other competitions I can focus my energy on this!

I am almost halfway done, and I personally think its pretty cool, not nearly as well designed as the other excellent entries, but good for my level! :-) I am building a couple of vehicles, and have to do the second floor.

Looking forward to the other entries!

Well, I'm about 90% complete now, I just have to iron out some details. i'd probably say its my best creation so far (not saying much, since I'm a poor MOCer :-$ ) and can't wait to hear some feedback. One thing I don't know about is if we are allowed to have another sigfig in it. I want to include my good chum iamded, hope thats alright, I didn't see anything about it in the rules.

Looking forward to the other entries, I must say Hinckley, this is the funnest competition yet, could we have some more of these sor of competitions in the future, unrestricted by vig space and filled with creativity?

Batbrick-and-his-house Away! >:-)

Doesnt the type of prize face you with some problems?

After all, for example, take LuxorV won, or if somebody built an entire spacevessel full of details (seeing as how everything is allowed as entry) and they won,

How are you going to incorporate that in an episode?

You'd have to build the entire model based on a couple of pics you got, and it could prove to be quite difficult since people can go all out on this one and come up with stuff you wouldn't have even thought possible. Both in real life as in Lego >:-)

So, how are you going to tackle that problem Hinckley? :-)

Edited by Hairy Ruben

Doesnt the type of prize face you with some problems?

After all, for example, take LuxorV won, or if somebody built an entire spacevessel full of details (seeing as how everything is allowed as entry) and they won,

How are you going to incorporate that in an episode?

You'd have to build the entire model based on a couple of pics you got, and it could prove to be quite difficult since people can go all out on this one and come up with stuff you wouldn't have even thought possible. Both in real life as in Lego >:-)

So, how are you going to tackle that problem Hinckley? :-)

No need to concern yourself with that. ;-)

Great entry Batbrick! I really like the ladder overpass thing, that's really cool! ANd now I know where your base is! Now I just need to escape... 8-| :-D Cool weapons rack, cool computer, cool cape holders, it's all really cool! :-D :-D I does that that nice underground feel to it, dark and gloomy. The cranes really neat too, and so is the Batmerine(? 8-| :-P )! Really awesome! *y* *y*

~Peace

Great entry Batbrick! I really like the ladder overpass thing, that's really cool! ANd now I know where your base is! Now I just need to escape... 8-| :-D Cool weapons rack, cool computer, cool cape holders, it's all really cool! :-D :-D I does that that nice underground feel to it, dark and gloomy. The cranes really neat too, and so is the Batmerine(? 8-| :-P )! Really awesome! *y* *y*

~Peace

Thanks iamded! :'-)

And no, you don't know where it is, as you were unconscious on the way in! :-P But didn't you see the last shot? The rusty cell is open and you are free! X-O

You may also notice that it is 99.5% old grey. Thanks for the comments about the cape holders, I was originally going to have them hung on a string, but couldn't find a way to do it without making it look weird and corny.

Thanks again! :'-)

UPDATE: Finally posted my entry in the entries thread! X-D

I like your house, with the tan outside and the big rooms, so full of space *y* You also added a lot of details in the kitchen and the bedroom *wub*

The only doubt I have is: where does the little one sleep? Is there a childen bedroom outside the arch you can see from the bathroom 8-| ? (just saw it *wacko* ) maybe you could post more pics in a MOC topic :-$

Oh, and could it be that Wisteria Lane is ispiered to a certain Fabuland HWs' Histeria Lane 8-| :-P

LuxorV

Being a bit late, but I'll enter the contest. Since the deadline is in mid january, I'll have enough time to work something out, as I just knocked up a sig-fig. It will be more or less have landscaping in form of snow (so white plates, bricks, etc.), but now hite roof, since I'm lacking white slopes Just have to think around with the design.

Update: It'll be more like a mountain lodge with a snowy rock structure just left of the House, including two vehicles (4x4 Pickup truck and a snowmobile) and the most important: good old 80s/early 90s style

Update 2: Added it to the entries

mFg Widdi

Edited by Widdi

I like your house, with the tan outside and the big rooms, so full of space *y* You also added a lot of details in the kitchen and the bedroom *wub*

The only doubt I have is: where does the little one sleep? Is there a childen bedroom outside the arch you can see from the bathroom 8-| ? (just saw it *wacko* ) maybe you could post more pics in a MOC topic :-$

Oh, and could it be that Wisteria Lane is ispiered to a certain Fabuland HWs' Histeria Lane 8-| :-P

LuxorV

Thank you! :'-)

And yeah, I didn't post a picture of little Will's bedroom, but it is on flickr and I'll make sure to post it in an MOC topic!

And I got Wisteria Lane from Desperate Housewives. :-P

I'm sure Hinckley might've pulled a little inspiration from it too! ;-)

What they heck? I'll give it a shot. *y* Not very hopeful for my first contest, but ok.

One question...

Does anyone have any ideas of how to make a waterfall? :-P

P.S. I'm gonna try this, but if things go *n* I may have to drop out :'-( .

EDIT: I think i got a good idea for the waterfall, gonna use a bunch of trans-blue 1 x 4 x 3 panels, but other ideas still accepted.

EDIT: Don't worry, i only know the piece name because of bricklink :-P

Edited by Faramir

A very nice house Widdi looks really classical and snug! I'd love to be in there on a cold winters day! *wub*

Your little snowmobile is amazing too! ;-)

... as I just knocked up a sig-fig...
8-| when is she due?

Hi all just posted my entry! I love yours highlandcastle its beautifully belgium! *wub*

Thanks,

I like yours aswell.It is very lively and decorated. I wouldn't collect those ugly racers though, they will scare away visitors!

Nice house casewindu. It's amazingly detailed for such a cramped building. I especially like the Barber shop and your living room. Your's nice, too highlandcattle

MFg Widdi

Nice house casewindu. It's amazingly detailed for such a cramped building. I especially like the Barber shop and your living room. Your's nice, too highlandcattle

MFg Widdi

Thanks Widdi and highlandcastle I appriciate it! ;-) Your right Widdi it is a cramped space and I tryed to use that to my advantage by filling it with a lot of homely features like my bedroom which is full of cool clutter! :-D