MKJoshA

[SR-FB2] This Is Not the Wealthy Housing of Rassilon

The port of Rassilon had the privilege of having forts. Three of these formed a triangle which allowed them to best protect the bay and other interests. Behind the base of this triangle sprang up housing that was sturdy and higher quality than average. Because of this and the fact that it was the best protected portion of the city residences here were naturally more expensive to buy or rent.

24307637645_5e11dfef68_c.jpg

Captain Cho Fang walked through a neighborhood that was not in the wealthy section. He had sailed as a pirate captain for many years, gaining the respect of his fellow pirates. When the Nest of Thieves was founded, Captain Fang was an obvious choice as leader of the port of Rassilon. He still had command of his own ship and took her on regular voyages of a nefarious nature. But when he was back at the port he would oversee the town meetings and give council to what the best course of action was. Most of the governing, if you can call it that in a pirate port, was left to a council of men loyal to Fang who stayed behind when he went sailing.

And although Fang was the “mayor” of this town in name mostly and function but a little, he still felt a responsibility to its residents. These feelings did not stop him from punishing those who swindled him or failed to bring in a good profit, but it did mean he spent some time walking the streets of Rassilon each time he was back, to get a feel for the town and what the mood of the people was.

23934401059_3c57e14697_c.jpg

He was in a section of housing that could afford to have stone buildings, covered in plaster to reflect the heat; but couldn’t afford trifles like doors or proper windows. Most of the year it was unbearably hot in Rassilon so this caused little discomfort. But it did allow for other problems like teaching the chickens not to each the straw from out of the mattress.

24006644600_66bd0f5b65_c.jpg

23675389983_b7a1136477_c.jpg

24194021842_9390ffd71c_c.jpg

Again, great walls! Nice interior too, and that chicken... When IT is trained, how much DBs do you want for IT?

Very nice build! The white and grey combination for the walls looks really good! thumbup.gif

Great little build and interesting story. The use of palm leaves as shade is brilliant, although olive (if it exists) or similar might better represented "dead" plants. Of course, these shown may be recently mounted...

The use of those capes is great too!

I wonder if a town managed by a chinese would have a "china-town"? I really like your introduction of a "Chineesy" element in BoBS! pirate_blush.gif

This town sure is growing quickly!

Very nice build, it certainly has a tropical and pauper atmosphere about it. I wonder how these folks would protect themselves should a tropical storm reach their shores without windows or shutters though!

By the way, would you care to divulge what that trans-clear part is you use to fix those shirts to the rope?

Edited by Pimbo

Again, great walls! Nice interior too, and that chicken... When IT is trained, how much DBs do you want for IT?

My trained chickens are available for a mere 3 DBs each. Please place your order and expect about 3-4 weeks delivery time pirate_laugh_new.gif

Great little build and interesting story. The use of palm leaves as shade is brilliant, although olive (if it exists) or similar might better represented "dead" plants. Of course, these shown may be recently mounted...

The use of those capes is great too!

I wonder if a town managed by a chinese would have a "china-town"? I really like your introduction of a "Chineesy" element in BoBS! pirate_blush.gif

This town sure is growing quickly!

I'm glad you like it! Not sure if I'd go so far as to call it a "china-town," but there will be a lot of Asian type people inhabiting it!

Very nice build, it certainly has a tropical and pauper atmosphere about it. I wonder how these folks would protect themselves should a tropical storm reach their shores without windows or shutters though!

By the way, would you care to divulge what that trans-clear part is you use to fix those shirts to the rope?

Well, when tropical storms hit the poor just hide in the nearest stone building and return home to pick up the pieces of what's left of their dwellings. Not a great life, but beggars can't be choosers!

The part is called "Round 1x1 tile with pin (or nipple)." I got it in the Friends Tourist Kiosk set (yes, I do buy Friends sets, don't judge) but it's also in the Doctor Who set and a bunch of other Friends sets.

Great MOC! It clearly are not the wealthy houses so great job with that pirate_laugh_new.gif

Very nice build and excellent presentation!

My favorite picture here is probably the second last where you both see a closeup of the action inside, and at the same time glimpse life in the street outside :classic:

Beautiful build - neat, clean, tidy. Those walls are lovely and it has a warm homely feel to it. The arched windows are nice and the palm leaves provide a nice counter-texture as well as the intended shade. Good work.

Somehow this build eluded me. The sheer productivity of BoBS members these days... pir_wacko.gif

I like your house very much and captures the feeling that you described at the narration. The only thing that strike me as odd, is the way the palm leaves are connected to the wall. Maybe if based on something made out of wood would make it feel more natural?