mechamike

[MOC] Bahnhof Zoo: Not for the children

Bahnhof Zoo

Not for the children..

24312240825_cdf81166c2_c.jpg

Welcome to Bahnhof Zoo..

23685428273_d0b61fb64c_c.jpg

..were containers lies sleeping with an open mouth.

24286108356_a9ecb6829f_c.jpg

Come were trolley's has found their final rest..

23685432803_69d2bf8592_c.jpg

and the forklift stands silent, eternally idle.

23684026244_c3c5ac7a01_c.jpg

Welcome were the lightning pole has shed its last glimmering light.

[23684036134_741c327251_c.jpg

..and broken pallets warms a frozen hand.

24016671930_ee1ecf30a5_c.jpg

Enter the place were rules no longer apply..

23685436703_ed8a94d47d_c.jpg

..and the drugs of choice ease the mind.

Welcome to Bahnhof Zoo..

..were life is gray..

23684021614_d3de818274_c.jpg

..or pitch black..

Enjoy : CC welcome!

Link to Flickr

Wow this is absolutely sensational. There are several things I love, but the container really strikes me. I also love the black/grey pallets with the flames, that is really clever.

If there is something that I would also like to see in this set, it would be the remains of a train carriage (cargo or passenger), a maintenance vehicle or one of those hand-operated carts - something to go on the tracks.

But anyway, as it stands, it's absolutely superb. Well done!!

WOah after seeing all that colorfull mocs I sometimes forgot you can make such amazing scenes using the greys! It looks like a photoshoepd picture even!

Great job! Aspecialy on tree!

Great MOC.

I so love the use of the grey / white and black palette used this way.

At LEGO World denmark 2014( it might have been 2015) i saw a MOC made exactly this way but IRL, even looking at it with ones own eyes it looks "photoshopped" or like a black white photo.

Really does something tricky to ones mind.

Anyhow your build is lovely with tons of nice details. :classic:

Edited by KlodsBrik

It's rare to see a depressing MOC, and I love it! Love the design of the container. You did well in expressing the gloominess of the scene!

Very gritty feel to this. Love the stacked trolleys and the forklift design. The light colored container within the doors of the building was nice as there is just enough there to leave you feeling a bit creeped out by what could be inside. At first I thought it was just a normal MOC desaturated, but was pleased to find it was actually done "in color".

This is awesome! I love Black and White MOCS.

One question though, how did you get the minifig with slicked back hair to be greyfaced?

I'm pretty sure that face only comes in yellow.

Thanks for all nice comments, Im glad you liked it.. i sure enjoyed building it, :sweet: it was nice to build in "black and white" . IRL it looks very strange next to my more colorful MOC's

Wow this is absolutely sensational. There are several things I love, but the container really strikes me. I also love the black/grey pallets with the flames, that is really clever.

If there is something that I would also like to see in this set, it would be the remains of a train carriage (cargo or passenger), a maintenance vehicle or one of those hand-operated carts - something to go on the tracks.

But anyway, as it stands, it's absolutely superb. Well done!!

Thanks, I had plans for something at the tracks, but i thought it would be to over crowded, so I decided to take that away and keep it for a future expansion of the scene.

Very gritty feel to this. Love the stacked trolleys and the forklift design. The light colored container within the doors of the building was nice as there is just enough there to leave you feeling a bit creeped out by what could be inside. At first I thought it was just a normal MOC desaturated, but was pleased to find it was actually done "in color".

Thanks, The stacked trolleys was the final thing I did to the scene, and I really like them to. I put in the forklift after taking away what I had built for the track, and im pretty pleased with the way it came out , except for the front wheels, I have made a different version of it but im not sure what looks best.

24184948170_7627680819.jpg

There is some weird stuff going on inside as the warehouse has a full interior and two rooms, (one for the "Zoo" part) . The roof if made in two half's split at 1/3 and 2/3's of the length and both slides open to show the inside..

This is awesome! I love Black and White MOCS.

One question though, how did you get the minifig with slicked back hair to be greyfaced?

I'm pretty sure that face only comes in yellow.

Thanks, This was my first attempt to make a grey scale scene, I had the Goth girl and the Mime standing and thought I make a place for them to hang.. I also wanted to test out some blacklight leds to lit up a fire. The scene started with the fire and the pallets and evolved from that. The warehouse design is mainly borrowed from a fellow Afol: pehter Aka Ibbe who but with some minor alterations and added details..

The grey head It's a miss print, a have a few different ones (like the tan dengar head in my sigfig), The all white coffe mugs in the scene is also "miss print" or non print that i got from my good friend Rolli.

I really like this MOC. I love that you have used black, white and grey instead of just making it a BW photo in some editor afterwards.

I think I most like the images without any minifigs. They have a much more abandoned and desolate feel. My favorite is the one with the trolleys.

Thanks, I think I will take away the minfigs when dispalying it in Halmstad and hide them inside one of the rooms instead. I started buliding on the rest of this scene yesterday as I have a larger scene in mind. Im not sure if it will work out butI'll give it a try.

I can't express in words how much I love this. It reminds me of the atmosphere of Andrei Tarkovski's films, specially "Stalker". Congratulations.