Heksu

MOC: Finnish hobbies

Sauna and an ice hole in the lake.

Finnish people have some strange hobbies. One of these is swimming in the ice hole. After the short visit in freezing water it’s time to go to sauna, where usual temperature is about 70-100 degrees Celsius. We crazy Finns…

24002505310_3bea325218_z.jpg

24271961886_9321a0d84d_z.jpg

24298110575_2d0cf03465_z.jpg

24189917972_6659d7ddc7_z.jpg

24189916412_455d1a5273_z.jpg

This build is lovely.

The cottage. The ice. The ice hole.

Really brings back some cold ( yet warm ) memories when i went ice hole bathing in norway.

Putting those round tiles in between the gaps of the christmas trees works quite well.

Great MOC ! :thumbup:

As a Finn, I can totally understand this MOC, but I would never ever in a billion years jump into an "avanto" myself! :laugh:

A great presentation, nevertheless! Näyttää upealta! :grin:

Ooooh... I would love to go to sauna now... :cry_happy: Though I go to sauna when I visit Finland, I still have not tried to go into the hole in the ice (as I have only been to Finland in the summer). Only cold water from the stream, I have tried. And maybe a lake... And it still makes you hurry back to the sauna :laugh:

Great MOC, Heksu.

Great idea, and very well executed.

The mökki looks very realistic, and the little details, like the snow in the trees, the ice hole and the life saver on the fence really finish it off.

When I was in Finland in the winter, there was a lot of ice and snow, but (lucky us) no ice hole. So we had to settle for frolicking around in the snow between sauna sessions.

The difference between +90 and -10 degrees is actually quite bearable. For a few seconds. :grin:

Keep clicking those bricks together!

'Cool' !! Nice scene, and the round 1x1 tiles in the trees is a very clever find!! Never seen that before...!

Love to see the northern neighbours dipping in the ice nicely. We just need a lego sauna now !