Gimi Carnage

Hey everyone, hobbyist from the Netherlands here!

Hi people,

My name is Bart, I am 30 years old and slowly picking up my Lego hobby again.

I will update my data, avatar and such soon.

I work a full time job and a 20 hours study in the evening, so it takes a share of my free time :classic:

Now that my studies are almost finished I want to start building Lego MOC’s and share some with you guys.

I work as a mechanic in the Netherlands and sometimes other countries. I do work on a variety of things: aircraft engines, radar systems and creating special tools.

My hobbies are: Technical stuff, music, science projects, BMX, old cars, photography and Lego :blush:

So I will not bore you any longer with my life story, here are some photo’s of MOC’s I did and pictures of my hobby builds. Have fun!

Mad Max 1 interceptor (big Mad Max fan here)

I like sturdy builds wich have a lot of functions and details. Trying to build clean vehicles and sets though.

Pursuit1_zps22a2eee0.jpg

Pursuit4_zpse9a7b5da.jpg

Pursuit3_zps215a3ad9.jpg

Fury Road MOC: (Kinda silly but I like it).

'Tanka' from Carmageddon 1: (I hope it is o.k. to post this subject here)

Tanka2_zpsuet8csop.jpg

Tanka3_zpsquenaklo.jpg

Tanka5_zps1a32vnbm.jpg

This is my 'Board Track Racer' project wich I am currently building completely from scratch and scrap:

WP_20150321_001_zpsvr7ilowd.jpg

And my Herbie wich I restored a couple of years ago: (Its now sold to a couple wich have the time to keep it running). :sweet:

So yeah, too much hobbies here :laugh:

Feel free to ask questions and thanks for watching!

Edited by Gimi Carnage

Welcome to the forum Bart. Those sound like some very interesting and fun hobbies and mechanical work you do. I look forwards to seeing some of your pictures.

Technical: Maybe people finish studying, and start working, earn some money :laugh: Don't know really. But thanks! :classic:

Edited by Gimi Carnage

Welcome to the forums!

BMX you say ^^ Fourcross? Street? Dirt? Something else?

Kalais: Fourcross :wink: In the summer when there is a school vacation! Love the adrenaline when jumping/racing.

Rijkjavik: I work on defense systems like these: (And many more)

WNNeth_30mm_Goalkeeper_side_pic.jpg

(picture from the web)

This a defense gun against incoming missiles wich could not be intercepted from a distance.

A Goalkeeper? Nice! :thumbup:

Do you work with army systems as well? I'm an operator of the WALS/TDAR and TRML radars of the army.

Very nice! Small world hey :wink: Wich company builds these radars if I may ask?

I worked for the Dutch airforce about 7 years ago. Working on F16 engines and helping the Sand Forces :laugh: (just kidding, I meant Land forces) occasionally with exercises.

I work on naval systems. But occasionally on some 'groundmasters' (French design for the land forces).

The TRML(-3D) is made in Germany by EADS while the TDAR (or WALS, same radar but only a different name) was made in Belgium by BATS.