Sign in to follow this  
brickbuilder711

MOD + MOC - Hair Salon / MADO Café

Hello friends (pun intended :grin:),

Wanted to share my first completed MOC of 2016. Well... maybe not so much, since I started it last summer.

After kind of leaving the Modular standard behind, I made a comeback with the first of hopefully several "Modern Modulars".

This one in particular, is a combined duo of the Hair Salon with the façade from set #41093 Heartlake Hair Salon, plus a totally custom built MADO Ice Cream parlor (From Turkey).

24282282725_2931d7ca6f_c.jpg

Features of the Hair Salon MOD:

• Retains the Art Deco look and Feel almost precisely
  • invokes a redesign of the holding structure for the scissors, and flips them the other way for aesthetics
  • Adds to the interior details provided in the Friends set (Will reveal soon :) )

Features of MADO:

• Captures the gold plated look and feel of a typical MADO Café franchise, like one in Turkey, but as if it was built in the States
  • Typical interior and exterior detail. Short on accessories (namely ice cream cones) so I invoked mostly the pastry offerings from the store.

Since I don't want to spill everything all at once :classic: I'll leave the interior details visuals to a subsequent posting.

The model will also snap on to the GFLUG road plate system, aside from snapping to adjoining Modulars. It is a corner module actually so that customers getting their hair trimmed can look outside and not feel so closed in :laugh: .

Brilliant; nice to see as I have a few ideas of how to incorporate friends pieces into bigger buildings!