Sign in to follow this  
Vorkosigan

[MOC] Lava Village - Nexo Knights

I feel the lava people of the Nexo Knights world are getting a bad reputation just because Jestro summoned them to battle. They probably would rather be relaxing at home. So I built a small village scene for them. Here are some worldbuilding details I came up with:

• Moltor is a blacksmith. He uses lava from the stream to heat his furnace, and likes to swim in it when business is slow.
  • Globlins are pets, and Beast Master likes to walk his.
  • Furniture, plates, utensils and other household items are made of gold, which is common. There is no wood or trees.
  • The people get their red appearance from the crystals they eat, much like a flamingo and shrimp. Perhaps they are silicon based life forms instead of carbon?

tYeN9O1h.jpg

06tTPM0h.jpg

WR8iBoWh.jpg

CLW3DvNh.jpg

ugt4H1Xh.jpg

tTafGo9h.jpg

Nice! I've been waiting for some nice Nexo Knights MOC's to start popping up. The guy gardening the gems is a nice touch. :laugh:

Looks like the Monsters aren't that bad at all if they aren't raiding any villages. :laugh:

Lovely MOC, man!

Edited by Dosenbrot

Heh heh. Love the use of that Knights Kingdom shoulder armor as a bed. it's amusingly appropriate.

I wonder what their place will look like when the NK eventually visit it... Most likely this.

What is the black material making up the houses?

I wonder what their place will look like when the NK eventually visit it... Most likely this.

In-story, they don't actually have a place of origin. They were spawned by the book of monsters. And if I had to guess, I'd say that the buildings are made out of obsidian, which is pretty much your go-to volcanic rock in most cases.

In-story, they don't actually have a place of origin. They were spawned by the book of monsters.

But they had to come from somewhere... They weren't created in the book for all of time...

How do you know? Sure, they could have existed prior to the book and been trapped in it, but they could just as well have originally been constructed by the book's magic.

Yes the idea is the houses are made of igneous rock such as obsidian. I think given that there are intelligent lava people such as Lavaria and General Magmar suggests that they exist outside the book's magic, in another time, place, or dimension. Since the playmat shows a volcano area, maybe they are transported from a physically reachable place.

How do you know? Sure, they could have existed prior to the book and been trapped in it, but they could just as well have originally been constructed by the book's magic.

But that's lame. The book may be able to do that, but it's too easy. It's like saying it was all a dream.

Edited by gamejutzu

How is that too easy? It doesn't reduce the threat posed by the monsters and emphasizes the BoM's power (since it's maker had to be powerful and smart enough to be able to construct a few hundred pages worth of monsters' without a template).

Finally proof of the civilized, peaceful nature of these creatures, I just knew it! :laugh: Great idea and fine execution! I just love how 'slice-of-life' the scene looks, considering we are still talking about lava monsters. :thumbup: