Pimbo

[MOC] Aquasharks "Spurdog" Fast Attack Submarine

Very nice creation you built there! Aquazone was one of my favourite themes, and I remember the 6155 Deep Sea Predator appeared on the cover of the Intertoys catalog. I was a very happy kid when I got it from Sinterklaas.

It's nice to see a tribute to one of the greatest and most underestimated themes, and I really like you made the design sharkish and modular.

Maybe I should visit the Action forum more often...

Well, thanks everyone, for the compliments! I've been really busy these days (not Lego related unfortunately) and I pop back in, and suddenly the submarine is on the Eurobricks frontpage! :classic:

I still have several MOC's to photo-edit and post here, so keep an eye out on the Action theme forum!

Great work!! I love the scale of the ship, and how you've kept it shark-shaped, like the classic Aquashark submarines. Using two canopies and exposing one eye on each side to get a wider shark head is really clever. Aquazone was my favorite theme as a kid and I can't wait to see what you put together next!

Amazing moc! Love this. I have always loved the Aquazone theme. When I was growing up I liked to collect all the sets to get all the chrome crystals and then make a big vault with all the container boxes. These sets were so much fun back in the 90's and still to this day look better than the ones they did a new series for in the late 2000's

Stingrays were also very neat and this moc reminds me of the big LEGO Stingray Stormer. I remember when I saw this on the shelf at Toys R Us I just had to have it. I was a very happy little boy that day. ahhh the memories of the Aquazone theme.

stingray-stormer-lego-set-6198-1.jpg

I love this, currently re-imagining Aquazone myself and have completed one exploration Sub based on a Humpback Whale, and the started a research vessel based on a Sea Turtle.