Pimbo

[MOC] Aquasharks "Spurdog" Fast Attack Submarine

As you might have guessed from my previous Aquazone moc I'm putting together an Aquazone world, and what is this 1995 Lego theme without the eternal bad guys - the sneaky, stealthy Aquasharks?

aquasharks_.jpg

The "Spurdog" Fast Attack Submarine - A mobile base of operation with ample offensive capabilities.

Powerplant: 35000 kW Hydrolator Crystal powergenerator

Armaments: 2x harpoon launchers, 2x Mk 71 torpedo launchers

Oxygen supply: Mk 4 artificial gill system and redundant CO2 scrubbers

Complement: 5 to 10

dsc_0163_.jpg

dsc_0265_.jpg

Like its real-life counterpart, the jointed frame allows for superb maneuverability, though unlike its counterpart it is not used for propulsion.

dsc_0269_.jpg

This single hybrid pump-jet propellor pushes the sleek submarine along at a speed of 45 knots, max.

cockpit_.jpg

Obviously, I had to incorporate the Aquashark cockpit piece in the build, but it's designed for smaller craft. This solution works rather well.

dsc_0191_.jpg

The crew is pulling 16-hour shifts, and the bloody espresso machine still hasn't been fixed! Oh well, maybe they'll snatch one off an Aquanaut sub sometime soon.

dsc_0199_.jpg

Gullwing doors for playability access to the crew quarters. The action on these doors turned out perfect.

dsc_0210_.jpg

dsc_0211_.jpg

Various hatches provide airlock access for the Aquashark divers.

Does this submarine look somewhat modular to you? Is it?

dsc_0219_.jpg

Of course it is!

Can the sections be rearranged?

dsc_0227_.jpg

Of course they can! The submarine still looks sleek, and the separate module acts as a small stationary base.

dsc_0228_.jpg

dsc_0239_.jpg

Inside it are storage containers, diving gear, a maintenance station and diving pools...

dsc_0244_.jpg

...which also allow access to the two modified Aquashark Scouts and extra scooters.

dsc_0248_.jpg

This sub has everything you need for those oldschool Aquashark raiding actions!

More pics in the Brickshelf folder (when public).

Thanks for now, more Aquazone to come!

Awesome MOC Pimbo! Very seldom do I see MOCs from this theme. While it wasn't part of my collection, I always did like the visual appeal of the Aquanauts/Sharks. You put a lot of thought an functionality in to this. Very well done :classic:

That's absolutely incredible! I'd like to see more of the interior, though. If this were a real set, I'd buy it, without hesitation. :tongue:

Best Aquasharks MOC I've seen. Good use of parts, nice features. I like the look of the figs with the caps and epaulets.

This is beautiful. Perfect shaping, perfectly-executed modularity, perfect color balancing and greebling perfectly balanced so that it doesn't look overcrowded. Are you planning on making a Stingray ship as well?

Now that would be a big-box sdet (with a window to look in at the parts under the flap) to put on the wishlist!

Great build once again. :thumbup:

I simply adore when people make MOCS that are playable and have tons of great details!

You did a great job, it looks like it could be a new line of Aquasharks 2.0!

That is a great sub. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the size of it.

The front looks really good and a great idea to use a plate to cover the slit between the cockpits.

Now that would be a big-box sdet (with a window to look in at the parts under the flap) to put on the wishlist!

Great build once again. :thumbup:

I agree with this completely, a big box set to look forward to under next year's Christmas tree. One could only hope...... :wub:

Very well done, the colors, playability and sheer size of this make it a superb MOC!

Thanks everyone for showing love for this fantastic underwater theme!

This is beautiful. Perfect shaping, perfectly-executed modularity, perfect color balancing and greebling perfectly balanced so that it doesn't look overcrowded. Are you planning on making a Stingray ship as well?

A custom Stingray vessel, I'm still on the fence on that one. Sure, it should be present in an Aquazone world, but it's a tough theme - kinda sloppy colorscheme and uninspired sets. But that's where we come in, right?

I might "upgrade" my Stingray Stormer, it's the only cool set in that theme (but does suffer somewhat from poor design).

The color scheme of the Stingrays seems quite simple to me: grey, tr. neon green and black, with red accents. Maybe you could make a version of the Stingray Stormer that actually looks like a stingray? Which is to say, flatter with a longer thinner tail.

Don't know much about those themes but I did regonize it right away.

Looks very cool. Must think of some kind a shark. It' looks pretty mean too :)

And those fins are great.

Next to the color scheme, all those weird parts, I also like is the modulair idea. When needed they just can put that small base to it. I always like this kind of weird creations (like those star wars) Nice to see and discover the use of a lot weird parts.

Edited by neonic

Tons of amazing play features packed in here :wub: And it looks epic too! A build to be proud of for sure :thumbup:

Yup, genius for sure! Love the use of parts and the incredible design. This theme was one of my son's first, and we had so much fun playing with the sets.

Great colors and detail make this a winner. And the photos are first class. Congratulations!