kabel

[ESL - FB] The King's Study

For a long time King Fernando had been weighing his options. Should he really grant a charter to yet another trade company? Wheren't the ones existing not out of control already, constantly eager to undermine his power? Wouldn't another trade company counter the plans he had with his Viceroy Renato Filamento?

But then again, by allowing Maximus of Stedor marry his daughter he would have a trade company that could operate in his own interest and counter the efforts of those other two. And as far as he was concerned, regaining momenton through several ways wouldn't be too bad a move after all.

So Fernando came to a conclusion. He would grant a charter to MAESTRO, but all it's members would have to swear their alligience to the throne and any measures undertaken to diminish his control over the new colonies would be met with fierce resistance by Renato Filamento who the king new had a broad support of the colonists on Nelissa!

24224717646_e356837c18_c.jpg

"Enter Elysabeth of Dondril" shouted the king.

A humble countess entered the King's Study, a room where he would only welcome his closest friends.

24224718846_92d96defa3_c.jpg

"Do rise young Countess of Dondril"

"Yes my King" the young lady answered.

"Countess of Dondril, if she still prefers to be called that, we have thouroughly considered her application and have come to the conclusion that we will grant a trading charter to MAESTRO." The king paused.

"Thank you very much my King" replied a happy Lady of Dondril, but the king wasn't done.

"Will you swear alligience to our throne and grant that MAESTRO will act in behalf of it? And will you also tell your friend Lord Maximus of Stedor that we will grant him his wish?"

23622597344_dfb16edcc6_c.jpg

King Fernando waited for an answer ...

Without a doubt the absolutely coolest way of granting a charter. And let me know refrain from anymore interference with the story here...

*Grabs Popcorn* pirate_laugh2.gif

Great build! how you chopped of a corner of the room with the ragged edges showing. and I really like the fire place.

Don't kings have staff to do the shouting for them ? :P

Lovely cutaway kabel, I must say, for once I'm really liking the exposed studs on the edge (though I might have tiles those by the window)! Excellent furniture, fireplace, and architecture as well, looks like a fitting palace for the king! pirate_satisfied.gifpirate_wubnew.gif

Excellent news!

It really looks like a royal studyroom (especially with the beheaded grizzly head as decorarion!)

Lord Damaximus has already pledged his alledgiance to the King and will defend the claims of the King!

Great news to hear my King !

As I, Felipe de la Manzana, member of the Council of MAESTRO, was at the King service since my little childhood, I am renewing with joy my allegiance and my fealty to the King an the Kingdom of Eslandola and swear to protect the Crown interests and properties !

Long live the King !

A great way to show the charter grant! And a really nice build - the cut-away looks great! thumbup.gif

Really nice build. My favourite parts is how you did the floor (it really looks like torn out of an actual room) and the ceiling, but that "torch" and the chimney are great too. The windows work perfectly and give a nice touch of the ocean nearby. I like it a lot.

Lovely interior, and unique idea with the exposed-studs cutaway. I love building in white (if you want proof, go take a look at the Pirate MOC forum...) and those gothic arches are beautiful anytime, anywhere. The interior corner concept is great for this type of scene, but I must confess that I envision something a bit... larger for a depiction of the king's study, cutaway or not! Still, you have some good details - the fireplace, bookcase, lamp/torch, the structural beam, etc.

Interesting addition to this growing multi-player story, and good use of suspense at the end.

I must confess that by now I'm already struggling to keep up with everything that's going on! This Bob really knows how to throw a party!

Keep it up.

Well thanks guys, glad you like it!

@CD: had I had more gothis arches I surely would have made this larger. But, it's the King's study, a room high in the white Palace, not the throne room which is much larger of course ...

Very fine scene, though the Oleon and Corrington shields in the study are quite disturbing for a true Eslandolian!

pir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

I believe those are trophies. ;) As this not correct, your honorable King Fernando Viceroy Filamento?

edit: Wrong character.

Edited by Sir Stig

Thanks guys! I'm really glad BoBs is up and I'm mocing again. I had a little mini dark few months, but now I'm enjoying to be building smaller mocs again ..

I love those rafters..! The seagull on the window sill gives a real impression of the sea nearby.

That seagull is one of my favourite Lego animals and I'm glad I actually have a few. They're getting really expensive these days!

Very fine scene, though the Oleon and Corrington shields in the study are quite disturbing for a true Eslandolian!

pir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

I wonder what you got hanging in your study though? ...

I believe those are trophies. ;) As this not correct, your honorable King Fernando Viceroy Filamento?

edit: Wrong character.

your absolutely correct! Two shields given to the King by Oleon and Corrington diplomats. Where else to hang them but the study?

Really nice moc-ed progress of BoBS history! And a more than fine build as always! That arched windows with the light blue background is what i like the most. What i really find disturbing is our Oleander shield. I don't know why but i dislike this present "blue lions vs red-black dragons" castle theme :( . Alas our diplomats didn't have any other gift to give you back then so you are stuck with this ugly shield.

Someone knocks on the door of the King's study.

"Come in."

-"My King, a letter for you."

"From who?"

-"Elysabeth of Drondil..."

-------

Lovely build kabel! I really like it, especially how y-well, just everything!!! As said before, the seagull really adds to to a fresh sphere!

This MOC is lovely. Simple yet effective.

I so love how youve broken its "borders" instead of making a regular square or similar baseplate, as well as how the wall is "broken" up.

That works really well.

Great job ! pirate_satisfied.gif

Edited by KlodsBrik

Great way to illustrate the progression of the story!

The use of bare studs as "continues here..." worked surprisingly well. Some really nice interior details also :classic:

A presentation remark is that the orientation of the first picture makes the room look like it's tilted. I usually try to rotate my pictures so that vertical lines through the middle of the build are vertical, and let vertical lines on the sides of the bild slope about equal to each side. If you move the camera further back and zoom in or crop instead, the vertical lines will slope less on the sides.

A presentation remark is that the orientation of the first picture makes the room look like it's tilted. I usually try to rotate my pictures so that vertical lines through the middle of the build are vertical, and let vertical lines on the sides of the bild slope about equal to each side. If you move the camera further back and zoom in or crop instead, the vertical lines will slope less on the sides.

Wow, not being much of an artist at all that is something I've never thought of before. Thanks for telling me, I'm sure I'll tike this into consideration for my next moc!