Major_Ton

The UCS Hype. What will 2017 bring? (40th Anniversary)

Coming from some random guy who just joined the forum, I think I'll remain sceptical.

We know about the Snowspeeder, but I'm not sold on the UCS MF, especially as a re-release when Lego went to great effort to knock down suggestions of re-releases being a recurring event.

Why do you think I joined this forum? To spill the news. Trust me. I am right.

Why do you think I joined this forum? To spill the news. Trust me. I am right.

every regular poster in the star wars section has experienced a few things, but the most common of all is "UCS MF is coming out next year" which for the last 5 years has always been false. you joined and your first post is exactly the same as we've seen over and over again. you may be right, but the truth is, without proof all you've done is stepped out in front of a firing squad ready to shoot down false rumors.

done to the standards of Slave 1

:ugh:

What's wrong with Slave 1?

Nothing really. Slave 1 is the most accurate USC set to date.

However, some people do not like the building techniques used for the base. And it can have a tendency to begin sagging a bit in upright position.

All in all I think it is a beauty - unless you simply do not like the look of Boba Fett's ship :)

Nothing really. Slave 1 is the most accurate USC set to date.

However, some people do not like the building techniques used for the base. And it can have a tendency to begin sagging a bit in upright position.

All in all I think it is a beauty - unless you simply do not like the look of Boba Fett's ship :)

Well surely the building teqhniques, if not to everyone's tastes, at least yield the most accuracy. I don't remember particularly hating it when i was building mine, it just seemed like the most logical way to get the incredibly curved shape and provide support for the rest of the structure. I know about the sagging problem, and whilst after 6 months on display in the upright position, mine hadn't sagged, i did think it was a good solution for generally beefing up the structure.

From an accuracy perspective, i don't see how it can easily be bettered, and that seems to be reflected in the lack of MOC's on this scale.

Well surely the building teqhniques, if not to everyone's tastes, at least yield the most accuracy. I don't remember particularly hating it when i was building mine, it just seemed like the most logical way to get the incredibly curved shape and provide support for the rest of the structure. I know about the sagging problem, and whilst after 6 months on display in the upright position, mine hadn't sagged, i did think it was a good solution for generally beefing up the structure.

From an accuracy perspective, i don't see how it can easily be bettered, and that seems to be reflected in the lack of MOC's on this scale.

As someone who hasn't been building lego all my childhood (all my parents could afford were a couple of cheap knockoffs with simple 2x4 plates, and some slopes, plus some mini gift sets next to Lay's chips :D), I am pretty much blown away by this set. Of course, since then I am making up for what I missed, but the Slave-I is just my 16th set, and I love the techniques used, some of them are very clever. I am almost done with it now, and it's absolutely amazing looking, very hard to imagine improving on this indeed.

Ofc. I haven't been to MOC-s for years, so there are probably slightly better, or at least different techniques to build it - from what I've seen on this forum this far, even before I finally registered, there are some pretty talented builders here. But as you say, the lack of Slave-I MOC-s suggests that this is really as close as it gets at the moment.

I predict a UCS set that is made from many different elements...

But seriously as a collector it is extremely frustrating to see re-releases so I want something new.

I don't really even like the Slave I but I bought the UCS set anyway and I have to say it is pretty awesome. Almost perfect especially looking at the older Slave sets. Lego UCS seem to get better and better all the time. (Minus Hoth or Death Star arguably). The Tie Fighter is also very good, although lego still has some problems with curves (which is why cars look not great). Although that is kind of the lego look like it or not.

I hope we see an updated Falcon, and new Cloud City. Also wouldn't be mad at Star Destroyer release since I don't have the original.

We get these two sets:

January: UCS Snowspeeder

May: UCS Millennium Falcon 40th Anniversary edition (10179 rerelease probably updated to TFA).

These are certain,not just rumors

For what it's worth: I can confirm this. The pricetag will be €700.

I know I'm not a typical guy who gives the information, but you'll see later in 2017 that the re release of the MF is coming.

Are we talking re release as in not updated to modern lego build techniques? Because that would be a great shame, although given the crazy price of the original this new one will be must buy regardless. it's just sad that Lego probably realise that and therefore have no incentive to improve upon the original, but I really hope I'm wrong and we get something similar to marshal_banannas amazing MOC:

23325265223_21367a1096_c.jpg

I would settle for any of the following as a UCS set:

AT-AT

Super Star Destroyer

AT-TE

Ghost

Sorry, but I doubt we'll get any of these next year. Knowing TLG, they'll probably save AT-AT for empire anniversary. Disney doesn't wanna touch the prequels. Rebels just seems unlikely. Super star destroyer is only 5 years old (but if you can get it, I highly recommend it I own it). I'm not saying I don't want these, because I do. It's just that they seem unlikely.

I really REALLY hope Lego gives a large ship. Not a "building" play set that doesn't even remind me of the word Ultimate. *cough *cough Assault on Hoth *cough

Another Imperial Star Destroyer would be epic. Or a Millennium Falcon. Just not a building. And if they add play features, don't make them obvious..! It is an Ultimate COLLECTORS Series set. I know Lego is a toy, but most kids aren't collectors like AFOLs or some TFOLs

Something with a plain (one or two colour) colour scheme would be nice.

(whisper) Star Destroyer

Got the 10179 and the 10030 now as re-bricks... But i'd snatch any new set of those up in a heartbeat... Just for the sake of collecting!

I really REALLY hope Lego gives a large ship. Not a "building" play set that doesn't even remind me of the word Ultimate. *cough *cough Assault on Hoth *cough

Another Imperial Star Destroyer would be epic. Or a Millennium Falcon. Just not a building. And if they add play features, don't make them obvious..! It is an Ultimate COLLECTORS Series set. I know Lego is a toy, but most kids aren't collectors like AFOLs or some TFOLs

Something with a plain (one or two colour) colour scheme would be nice.

(whisper) Star Destroyer

LOL, watch them give us a UCS set of the interior of the Millenium Falcon!

For what it's worth: I can confirm this. The pricetag will be €700.

I know I'm not a typical guy who gives the information, but you'll see later in 2017 that the re release of the MF is coming.

Two randoms can confirm that the most requested set is coming next year. Get your hopes up, people!

Being a natural skeptic among these topics, i still have to admit that the possibility of a Millennium Falcon (MF) Re-release seems to be quite plausible

Not only did it come as surprise that the Death Star had a revival - but there is no doubt that the MF is the most popular UCS set, by demand, ever made. Regardless of the price tag. Lego confirming that the DS re-release has nothing to do with future re-releases of older popular models, just seems to stir the boat really.. Obviously they are cooking up something special for next year

The UCS MF had a relative short lifespan back in the days

No matter what the hypothetical price tag will be for this model, and we bet that it's going to be a monthly paycheck, it will be one of the only UCS sets that i would consider buying… Ever

There wouldn't be any other UCS set that would have the same Banger-effect like a revived nostalgic as the Millennium Falcon. With a 10-year anniversary stamp on a premium box, gold and glitter all over. Buy, buy buy! Sure they can add a few more pieces to the set, but the old one was pretty damn well made..!

Two randoms can confirm that the most requested set is coming next year. Get your hopes up, people!

I thought leaked prices tended to be in dollars.

I'm incredibly sceptical of random people claiming it's the MF. I'll wait for more traditionally reliable people to tell us what's coming.

Perhaps we will finally get Geonosis arena or even Jedi Temple?

I sincerely hope not. It's the 40th anniversary on EP 4, not the god awful prequels.